2016 Carlton Supercoach/Dream Team/Fantasy questions

Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
Hi Guys,

How many games do you see Liam Sumer playing in 2016?

Thanks
I would say it is a bit of an unknown, but the most likely thing to happen is that he doesn't play in the first few rounds. I think more than likely he will start in the seconds and get some fitness and game touch back before we put him up; he's been injured a while.

Given how many youngsters we have, I could see the selectors and coach picking half the newbies and playing them for several games before rotating them out. That's probably when Sumner will get a gig.

BUT, I could be way off with my assessment of where he is at. It's just based on training reports and injuries etc.

EDIT: I would also add that Lamb is probably the guy to pick in his position. Should play high up the ground or as a genuine mid at times.

Iamcarlton

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2015
Up North
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Cubs , Penguins
He's been in a few versions of my team, but right now I just can't quite make it work. Pendles, Ablett and Rocky are locked, M4 is currently Gibbs. Spending more cash to turn Gibbs into Cripps seems counterintuitive - at worst I suspect they'll average around the same, with Gibbs more likely to push into the 105-110 bracket. With that in mind, banking $75k appears to be the right move.

Would love both, but can't see a way to make it happen.
I have them both Gibbs and cripps along with Ablett dangerfield kennedy and liberatore.
But have to admit have tweaked the side quite a bit upon looking at the bye rounds and realizing I had a shite load of players out in the first bye round .

The Bunyip

Team Captain
Jan 23, 2012
Upper Kumbuckta West
AFL Club
Carlton
I chose Daisy last year & he lasted 90 seconds! Sadly it kind of summed up my entire Supercoach season last year.
Am therefore reluctant to go again at whatever price he is.
Based on what I've read & the "incisive" feedback we're privileged to receive on this forum from those who've attended training (would go myself but I live 3 hours from Melbourne), of the Blues I've chosen Weitering, Byrne, Cripps, Cuningham & Kerridge.

Cripps 'n' Blue Bloods

Sir Cripps of Carlton House
Mar 26, 2015
Bendigo
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne Tigers, Bendigo Braves, OKC
I chose Daisy last year & he lasted 90 seconds! Sadly it kind of summed up my entire Supercoach season last year.
Am therefore reluctant to go again at whatever price he is.
Based on what I've read & the "incisive" feedback we're privileged to receive on this forum from those who've attended training (would go myself but I live 3 hours from Melbourne), of the Blues I've chosen Weitering, Byrne, Cripps, Cuningham & Kerridge.
I started with Daisy, but have swapped him out for Libba.
I've gone with Cripps, Gibbs (think he's poised for another 2014 if not better), Kerridge, Docherty (chose him over Simmo), Smith and Phillips. I've probably got more Blues players than I'd like and will most likely balance it out eventually. Smith and Phillips are questionable, but I think Smith is poised to get quite a few games this year and he's priced well for a potential money earner. Phillips is gone as soon as I can work out who to replace him with, but I'll probably wait to see what curve balls NAB throws out.

Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
I started with Daisy, but have swapped him out for Libba.
I've gone with Cripps, Gibbs (think he's poised for another 2014 if not better), Kerridge, Docherty (chose him over Simmo), Smith and Phillips. I've probably got more Blues players than I'd like and will most likely balance it out eventually. Smith and Phillips are questionable, but I think Smith is poised to get quite a few games this year and he's priced well for a potential money earner. Phillips is gone as soon as I can work out who to replace him with, but I'll probably wait to see what curve balls NAB throws out.
It's hard not to give the nod to a few of our players and end up with too many. We tend to have a better idea of how they will go and have heaps of young guys ready to play who are rookie priced!

Cripps 'n' Blue Bloods

Sir Cripps of Carlton House
Mar 26, 2015
Bendigo
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne Tigers, Bendigo Braves, OKC
It's hard not to give the nod to a few of our players and end up with too many. We tend to have a better idea of how they will go and have heaps of young guys ready to play who are rookie priced!
tumblr_inline_nzfevykxev1rg0x34_500.jpg

I fall for it every time.

ParapMarkets

Premiership Player
Sep 24, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
I notice a lot of you selecting Byrne, I hope you are right because I love the look of him, but hasn't he been having quite a few injuries this pre-season?

Docherty looks a good pick, especially as he seems set for more midfield time, I think Gibbs is going to have a very good year. Kerridge looks a good pick too.

Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
I notice a lot of you selecting Byrne, I hope you are right because I love the look of him, but hasn't he been having quite a few injuries this pre-season?

Docherty looks a good pick, especially as he seems set for more midfield time, I think Gibbs is going to have a very good year. Kerridge looks a good pick too.
Will have to wait until NAB Cup to be sure, but I think he is in full training now and should play.

MoesBlues

Team Captain
Aug 20, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
First team draft:
Backs: K Kolodjashnij, S Docherty, Rich, B Smith, J Aish, M Brown (A Francis, R Bonner)
Mids: S Pendlebury, C Ward, T Rockliff, P Cripps, T Liberatore, J O'Meara, B Crouch, D Parish (J Hopper, D Cuningham, R Mathieson)
Rucks: T Goldstein, M Lobbe (M Cox)
Forwards: D Martin, L Franklin, J Stringer, D Thomas, J Simpkin, S Kerridge (P Ahern, C Petracca)

Probablychange a fair bit during/after NAB cup.

Blugazi

Club Legend
Jul 18, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
One more spot available in the current Supercoach league. Code is: 342307

Still plenty of spots in the board AFL Fantasy league: 4ZM6SAV2

Double the Fist

i wull eet yur fayce karnt
Dec 16, 2008
On the edge....
AFL Club
West Coast
Hey blues, I would like some thoughts on Lachie Plowman. 3rd year and surely ready to go. He is an awkward price of 236, but suerly he could make 200 k and give me some decent points? How has his pre season gone?

Thankyou in advance for your time.

andrew_

All Australian
Suspended
Dec 2, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Hey blues, I would like some thoughts on Lachie Plowman. 3rd year and surely ready to go. He is an awkward price of 236, but suerly he could make 200 k and give me some decent points? How has his pre season gone?

Thankyou in advance for your time.
He's injured, won't be ready till later in the year I suspect.

Aug 16, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
What are peoples thoughts on crowley at $202K? Will play lots of games wont score big but may not be used as defensively under Worsfold than Ross.

andrew_

All Australian
Suspended
Dec 2, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
What are peoples thoughts on crowley at $202K? Will play lots of games wont score big but may not be used as defensively under Worsfold than Ross.
Nah not for me, never been an accumulator and I don't trust his body to hold up for a whole year after his time off. There's some value at Essendon with what's happened though, Z Merret in the forward line, M Brown in the back and I'm still tossing up over Zaharakis. Will take on extra responsibility in the mid with Watson and Heppell out, but will he thrive or crack...

Back