2016 Clash Guernsey: Two Designs Confirmed!

Which one is best?

• A

• B

• C

• D

• E

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

A push by many on the Eagles BigFooty board which started 2 years ago to return our jumper to the original design. Our current royal away strip was proposed as our home, with the inverse (yellow body, blue 'wings') as the away and a navy if necessary as a clash. The club was seemingly receptive at first, despite not having a great track record of listening to fans, and organised a poll to vote for your favourite jumper in the club's history. As expected, the two variations of our wings jumper (yellow and royal) won in a landslide.

We then turned up the pressure with flyers at games, petitions and an interview on Nine news, and the club eventually agreed to meet a few representatives. The meeting was great and they proposed that for 2016 they'd be happy to change to a navy wings home (to replace our current tri panel home jumper) with our current royal wings as an away strip should it be the most popular option with a survey released to members and the public. Yet again, the wings design won in a landslide. They mentioned several times in the 'Eagle Eye' magazine that goes out monthly to members that the vote was successful and to expect change, but since the start of the season we've heard nothing.

They keep feeding us some spin about AFL requirements and the difficulty in changing a jumper, and how it takes years to get approval, but the fact that the Adelaide poll, voting, tallying and confirmation process took less hours than we've been waiting days feels like the most recent of a long line of slaps in the face. Both Brisbane and now Adelaide have announced comprehensive jumper changes since we stared the push.

If you'd like to find out more check out the thread or our Facebook page.

www.facebook.com/ReturnTheWings

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/winged-guernsey-petition-letter.1022052

View attachment 164251View attachment 164253
not that you need me to tell you I suppose, but I was stunned when you guys moved away from your original jumper to the current home one. The wings design was always one of my favourites, looks fantastic, a million times better than the high school design they replaced it with.

keep up the campaign mate, happy to see every team playing in a great geurnsey

Here's a mockup of the original design with white/yellow shorts as well as a version of the proposed white guernsey.

Personally I'd much prefer the white shorts (and I think thats what they will go with) over the yellow.

AFC%20Clash%202016%20white%20shorts.png

AFC%20Clash%202016%20yellow%20shorts.png

AFC%20Away%202016.png
I likei
Here's a mockup of the original design with white/yellow shorts as well as a version of the proposed white guernsey.

Personally I'd much prefer the white shorts (and I think thats what they will go with) over the yellow.

AFC%20Clash%202016%20white%20shorts.png

AFC%20Clash%202016%20yellow%20shorts.png

AFC%20Away%202016.png
like the two hoop design but reckon if we are going to have a white AND gold option the idea of them looking the same is the only way to go. If we have a two hoop design it won't work with a white option which - let's be honest - the AFL will require us to have. And if that is the case the hoops should also be in the same order as the home jumper. Red at the top, then yellow then blue. Thoughts...?

not that you need me to tell you I suppose, but I was stunned when you guys moved away from your original jumper to the current home one. The wings design was always one of my favourites, looks fantastic, a million times better than the high school design they replaced it with.

keep up the campaign mate, happy to see every team playing in a great geurnsey
Cheers mate, totally agree. As frustrating as it is to be lapped by other clubs it's also always nice to see fans win on these sorts of things. Appreciate it.

Because navy blue short would clash with Carlton's navy shorts? Or Collingwood's black shorts?

Just a thought

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk
We wouldn't wear yellow v Carlton.

But I can't see on God's green earth how a yellow jumper with navy blue shorts - which looks good.... is a worse options than yellow with white shorts - which is insipid. When considering jumpers which have a decent amount of white on them.

Is this how it will work for away games?

Any teams with yellow in their guernsey we'll wear the white strip:
- Brisbane, Gold Coast, Hawthorn, Richmond, West Coast

Any team with a significant amount of white in their guernsey we'll wear the yellow strip:
- Collingwood, Geelong, GWS, North Melbourne, St Kilda

Against Sydney we usually wear our home guernsey? Is Port the same?

Other clubs I assume we wear white
- Carlton, Essendon, Fremantle, Melbourne, Western Bulldogs

Any team with a significant amount of white in their guernsey we'll wear the yellow strip:

No yellow guernsey against GWS, orange & yellow would be a shocking clash,

presume it will be;

White: Brisbane, Gold Coast, Hawthorn, Richmond, West Coast, GWS, *Essendon, *Melbourne

Yellow: Collingwood, Carlton, Fremantle, Western Bulldogs, St Kilda

Most likely Home but could be Yellow depending on the AFL's mood: Geelong & North Melbourne

Home: Port & Sydney

*Depending on if the AFL think the yellow guernsey clashes with a majority red guernsey.

Last edited:
I would say why can't teams have two jumpers one for home and one for away, period.

However, that would come across as an American dictating policy to another country and well, we can't have that now can we? ;)

So why exactly do we expect to wear the home jumper against Port Adelaide?

* I know that's because that's what is actually worn, but it's terribly inconsistant (Like everything regarding clash jumper policy)
All I can think of is we get special leeway for the traditional rivalry. Same reason why Collingwood can wear black shorts against Carlton in white shorts and normal guernseys.

So why exactly do we expect to wear the home jumper against Port Adelaide?

* I know that's because that's what is actually worn, but it's terribly inconsistant (Like everything regarding clash jumper policy)
Because it's classed as a rivalry match the AFL let it slide so both teams get to play in their home guernsey. Now with Port having the white number panel for showdowns only I can't really see the issue.

Because it's classed as a rivalry match the AFL let it slide so both teams get to play in their home guernsey. Now with Port having the white number panel for showdowns only I can't really see the issue.

With Port having the white panel it makes it even worse, particularly if they're in black shorts and the Crows in white shorts.

If both teams want to wear 'traditional' jumpers then Port must wear white shorts in all meetings

With Port having the white panel it makes it even worse, particularly if they're in black shorts and the Crows in white shorts.

If both teams want to wear 'traditional' jumpers then Port must wear white shorts in all meetings
Both sides will now have decent clash jumpers. FFS, just use them. Start a new tradition.

Edit: btw Gibbsy, i agree with your point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just guessing, but it seems like they want yellow to be our permanent clash strip, so they're feeding it through the spaghetti maker to get us used to the idea.

Yellow round, WFAO. Yellow is our colour now.

Just guessing, but it seems like they want yellow to be our permanent clash strip, so they're feeding it through the spaghetti maker to get us used to the idea.

Yellow round, WFAO. Yellow is our colour now.
If popular once seen on field next year I could easily see us then going Yellow as main clash and white as the fall back should home and yellow both be inappropriate.

Probably couldn't go only yellow as there would be times neither guernsey was suitable but you could be right and they may get a feel for if the negative voting people change their opinion once they see it then make that subtle change

I'm surprised we (the BigFooty board) are so out of step with the rest of the supporter base. Almost 90% of posters on here voted for A or D yet the vote had B and E right up there for popularity. Who are these numpties?

My only guess is posters on Big Footy are probably slightly older and thus have more of an appreciation for normal footy jumper designs.

If you join a footy forum you're more of a footy head than those who make up the entire base, and thus probably care more about what we wear on the field too?

I think because they've called the yellow jumper a secondary guernsey, it'll be used on a limited basis.

For away games I'd say we'll see

Home: Sydney, North, Geelong, Port (Rivalry rule :rolleyes:)

White: Essendon, Melbourne, Brisbane, West Coast, Hawthorn, GWS, Richmond, Gold Coast

Yellow: Collingwood

????: St Kilda, Carlton, Fremantle, Western Bulldogs,

Personally I'd like to see the yellow worn more than once. Melbourne unveiled a white and a red clash jumper, and the red jumper has been completely forgotten about. Hasn't been worn at all this year.

My standards aren't low, they're high. Traditional guernseys are the best and the club has finally put an end to the childish rubbish.

Have a look at the threads when the "murder of crows" or "flagpole" guernseys were announced. They were a god damn whingefest.

You're one of the few whinging this time around.
It was the universal 'you' not you specifically, my apologies.

Back