Tim Clarke (Assistant - Midfield)
Shane Watson (Assistant - Forward)
Dale Amos (Assistant - Backline)
Matty Capuano (Development)
Andrew McKay (Head of Football)
(Northern Blues VFL Coach - TBA)

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/footy/coaching-panel

Bolton - good appointment
Barker - thought it might be better for him to go elsewhere but wanted to stay so kudos to him,
Craig - not sure about this one, will watch closely
Clarke - don't know much about the guy as a coach, hope he does well
Watson - don't know much about the guy as a coach, hope he does well
Amos - don't know much about the guy as a coach, hope he does well
Capuano - was fully expecting him to be shown the door actually

I like the Niel Craig appointment and he will provide the hardness that Bolton lacks in the terms of the nice guy approach.

I cannot fault one of those appointments right now and great work Blues. :thumbsu:

Nice to see plenty of head coaching experience in the team. Having to be responsible for the team is better than being able to hide behind the sins of the front man. Seems a pretty good mix.

From all reports, Bolton isn't soft when it comes to telling it how it is

Yeah i have heard this but i am not convinced yet.

Seriously i think the Craig appointment is excellent and the exact type of man we need to help BB and stand by him, as lets be honest where we currently are list wise we are 2-3yrs away at least barring a miracle of some sort and the heat will come when the honeymoon period is over in 2 years.

From all reports, Bolton isn't soft when it comes to telling it how it is

Correct.

I can't remember who it was, but one of the Hawthorn fans when BB was first named related a story from Box Hill...apparently he can get all medieval on their arses with the best of 'em...

But this will be a strength of his, I am convinced. Right after he tells you to stick the can of Solo up your arse he'd be in there giving you a cuddle and helping you get better. He is an intelligent man, he won't rant just to rant, he'll rant to teach.

Nobody can say we have not tried to address our past problems.

There has been a massive broom gone through the joint.

I, for one , have now resigned the past to the dustbin. It is history. We have a few residual things to manage but.....

.....Our future now rests on these appointments and the previous off field appointments.

The Neil Craig appointment gives me the hirds but i knew it was coming, i'm jury out still with Macca, but quite bullish about the quality underneath them. So let's hope they can manage well and everything under them flourishes.

Progressive, ambitious, experienced teaching coaches from Hawthorn, Geelong, North and Richmond over the last 5 years. I like it.

I feel the house is in better order.

Princes Park is gonna be a good place for quality youngsters to enter and learn how to win at this AFL caper.

I RECKON WATSON'S GONNA SPEND A LOT OF TIME ON REVIEWS
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Review - rear view - rear view mirror - Pearl Jam - Eddie Vedder - Eddie Betts - I miss Eddie Betts...:cry:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The director of coaching role is an important one.

It pretty much takes care of one thing, a sounding board that all the coaches can use. Someone at the club they know they can talk to privately about coaching matters.

Footy clubs have more rules of diplomacy than most places, the more diplomats the better to keep things smooth. A club with an effective group of senior guys who can smooth the waters is in a position of strength compared to others.

Craig has had experience working with Bomber, Bolton with Clarkson... So two of our coaching group have had great experiences and knowledge from the 2 best coaches in the last decade.

I further appreciate that all our coaches have been in the coaching system a while and aren't green (mind the pun) meaning if they have something to say they'll say it and won't be over-awed by having a dominating coach (mick). Looks like this group has been put together to build the foundations! Will be a long 2016 but we're rebooting skills, gameplan, fitness....

whos the fitness guy? appointments seem good but im not sure about mckay & craig. look like a couple of plodders in my opinion when we need dynamic leaders
Joel Hocking has been our sprint coach for a few years now so its an appointment from within.

I like the Niel Craig appointment and he will provide the hardness that Bolton lacks in the terms of the nice guy approach.

I cannot fault one of those appointments right now and great work Blues. :thumbsu:

Yes - I'm happy with Craig. In that position you need someone whose been around the traps and been through serveral football programs.

Decorated and lengthy career as a player in the SANFL and then Coach, Coached Adelaide with reasonable success, manager and coach at Melbourne, Director of Football at Essendon. People can scoff at the Essendon connection but probably not bad experience to see how not to do it !!

Plenty of enthusiasm will be generated by the new faces. It seems sensible that a new coach should be given the opportunity to build his own team based on his football philosophy. The rebuild required at Carlton requires an enthusiastic response from the playing group. I'd be certain that this is what Bolton and Co have in mind.

Timmy Clarke is an interesting one. Hawthorn supporters I knew didn't think he had much footballing ability but he was some athlete.

His brother David and father David played with us. Sister Georgie was at the 2000 Olympics.

Strange that McRae wasn't named today if he's transferring across after leaving The Pies. Maybe the mail is off on him coming to Carlton.

J. Fraser the likely NB's coach? Again, strange if not announced unless it was too close to terminating Osborne, Green, Webster?

I think the best part of it is...he is good people...

We need people of character and integrity to instil that in the players.
That and something that he's more than proven, is that he's a team first kind of guy.

Seems a nice blend, hopefully the club has really turned the corner and our previous weaknesses become strengths in the coming years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back