News Coaching Thread: The Hardwick Era

Remove this Banner Ad

There will bee at least 2 new coaches on deck in 2016 with Josh Fraser gone and the money paid to Blight to be spent on a new coach.

There will bee at least 2 new coaches on deck in 2016 with Josh Fraser gone and the money paid to Blight to be spent on a new coach.

Maybe 3 new coaches - apparently reports were that Blight's money can be used to get multiple coaches (WTF have we been doing with a football department spending - Blight & Schwerdt - shake my head)

1 kicking coach
And a couple fulltime development coachs
Spend more on the academy too.
The better coaching scheer and Bowes get next year the better they'll be long term.
Iron out there chinks and teach them propper standerds younger!!

And ill be happy man

Out of interest if you were picking someone to be a kicking coach based on how they kicked as a player who would you want?

Players I can think of:

• Nick Davis
  • Paul Chapman
  • Paul Hudson
  • Lindsay Gilbee
Funnily enough I was looking at what Gilbee was doing on Wiki and saw he is working at a place called Elite Kicking Academy - was coached by Rocket and pretty sure we could pay him more than his current job

matthew primus Confirmed on open mike tonight he will continue his coaching role at the Suns next season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Hale's expected retirement, perhaps the Suns should offer him a ruck coaching role? There was a rumour not long ago that he and his family were keen to move home to the Gold Coast.

We have Primus.
If we had to choose between Hale and a kicking coach.
Id choose the latter.
I thought Primus was the midfield coach, not the ruck coach. I love Matty Primus just as much as the next guy but he has been retired for 10 years where as Hale is a current premiership ruckman. It should be noted that Hale became the third Gold Coaster to win three AFL Premierships on Saturday, the other two being Clark Keating and Marcus Ashcroft. Good to see a local guy from the Coolangatta area doing well on the national stage.

really don't think hale is that good of a player, the hawks make him look good.

focus on a goal kicking kicking coach first, or a elite kicking/skills coach. hawthorn obviously won the flag, their disposal efficiency was #1 at 76%. gold coasts? dead last at 69%. have gotta kick accurately to perform well. should start there before anything else.

really don't think hale is that good of a player, the hawks make him look good.

focus on a goal kicking kicking coach first, or a elite kicking/skills coach. hawthorn obviously won the flag, their disposal efficiency was #1 at 76%. gold coasts? dead last at 69%. have gotta kick accurately to perform well. should start there before anything else.
I think David Hale has never been a dominant ruckman (still capable, though), it's really his utility as a rucking forward that made him so dangerous - and it's not just the Hawks that made him look good - the bloke once kicked eight goals against Geelong during his tenure at North Melbourne. Notably, this was in 2008 when Geelong were at the height of their powers. His last dominant year in my opinion was in 2013, and one game that comes to mind is the preliminary final Hawthorn vs Geelong. He had a very strong overhead mark throughout the whole year. He was phenomenal in that game in particular. I rate him as one of the best rucking forwards in the competition before his retirement.

Mind you, I agree that getting a kicking coach seems more important than getting an untried rucking coach at this stage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back