13. Bonner (13%)
14. M.Brown (WC) (12%)
15. Seedsman (11%)
16. Rich (11%)
17. Hibberd (NM) (11%)
18. K.Collins (11%)
19. Dea (11%)
20. Rance (11%)

Surprised at Aish ownership, Seedsman and Rich too, and also Weitering (will be a good player but for 20k more you get Mackenzie who has a proven average of 65-70, not great but Weitering could likely go 50-60...

That doesn't matter much, though, unless he can become a top 6 back, given his price. He was pretty good in the finals last year (99.6 average) and probably no worse of a punt than some of the other guys in that price range being thrown around.
Oh absolutely - and he's not in my team at the moment. But IF that role change comes, jumping to ~95 is a whole lot more achievable from ~83 than 74.

didn't have Birchall have no preseason last year? I remember reading it because I wanted to pick him
I think he only started running a week or 2 before the season started

I'm considering him this year, only if he has a full preseason of course. I'd back him for a 88-95 average

Correct. Had an MCL injury which meant he missed the last 3-4 weeks of pre-season - it was the same reason he missed round 1.

Wood's a terrific player but already had his breakout. What's he going to add to his AA form to jump another 15 ppg?

had 10 games over 90 last season

he is capable of taking the next step, maybe not to 100 SC points average but it'll largely depend on the doggies form

had 10 games over 90 last season

he is capable of taking the next step, maybe not to 100 SC points average but it'll largely depend on the doggies form
I've looked at Wood a few times and I feel like you have to really back him in and start with him. The Doggies have a good run early and play at Etihad the first 7 weeks. If he fires it will be early and most of us will struggle to get him on the bubble. Won't be a big bubble but he is worth monitoring both in NAB and in the early rounds.

Duryea sample stats:
Rd 3 - played on Jake Stringer - ran off him all day for 29 possessions and 99 SC points
Rd 4 - played on the Chad - 25 possessions - 98 SC points
Rd 5 - tagged Lindsay Thomas as a deep backman
Rd 6 - Injured in 1st qtr - 91 SC points
Rd 7 - Deep on Garlett - 77 SC points
Rd 9 - 26 possessions 90 SC points
Rd 10 - played on Jack Lonie in Def 88 SC points
Rd 12 - played on Charlie Cameron 99 SC points
Rd 13 - 22 possessions V Injectors 92 SC points
Rd 14 - Versus pies, understandably got beaten by De Goey - 60 odd points
Rd 15 - hurt his shoulder V Freo early in 3rd term, subbed shortly after - 75 SC points
Rd18 - 1st game back after injury v Tigers, tagged Lennon all game SC ugly 54 points
Rd 19 - started as Sub v WEst Coast - not SC relevant
Rd 21 - v Port - played on Neade - 20 possessions, 18 kicks - 73 SC points
Rd 22 - brisbane 13 possessions 80 SC points
Rd 23 - played on andrew walker for 3 qtrs before moving fwd - 75 SC
QF - started as sub - not SC relevant
SF - 22 possessions 89 SC points
PF - 26 possessions 113 SC points
GF - 26 possessions 98 SC points

Spent a large portion of the year playing as a "minding" defender
Has a good kick to handball ratio
Plays in the best team there is

I expect him to be released further up the ground to take Sucklings role and even see some mid time

These are the reasons I like Taylor @ 400K at the moment

He is definitely worth watching in the NAB. Is a pretty good kick for goal and around the ground as well. Likes to tackle and marks well. Has the ability to nudge into the 500k+. Which for a defender in SC is about as good as it gets. Tossing him or McGovern up for a POD spot along with Sheridan.

He is definitely worth watching in the NAB. Is a pretty good kick for goal and around the ground as well. Likes to tackle and marks well. Has the ability to nudge into the 500k+. Which for a defender in SC is about as good as it gets. Tossing him or McGovern up for a POD spot along with Sheridan.

If you were choosing between Duryea and Malceski who would you put in as your 4th defender?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Birchall training in the midfield group as a bigger body? That's what someone told me today, can anyone confirm? What would that do to his scores?

Birchall training in the midfield group as a bigger body? That's what someone told me today, can anyone confirm? What would that do to his scores?
Love Birch.

Not confident the last 2 years though, 86 & 88 avg, doesn't scream pick me.

Might play on the wing a bit more?
Won't start with him, but definitely got my eyes on him as an upgrade target if he's doing ok

Love Birch.

Not confident the last 2 years though, 86 & 88 avg, doesn't scream pick me.
Yeah, I heard that but then looked at his stats and decided to disregard that news for now. Last 5 years- 94 94 91 88 86, disposal numbers have remained pretty much the same over this period too. That pattern is not encouraging.

Do the hawks really need him to spend much time in the midfield. Cant see that being much of a fixture considering he is one of the more effective rebounding defenders in the game. Why mess with a winning formula.

A lot of people are on KK, thought I'd check him out, and I'm very impressed

Last year he averaged 89, score breakdown was:
40-79 = 6 times
80-99 = 8
100+ = 8 (including 3 scores 120+)

Pretty damn good. Think I'm going to have to lock him in :)

I'm expecting a 91-96 average. What are those who have him expecting?

40-79 = 6 times
80-99 = 8

95+.

Doesn't waste a possession.

40-79 = 6 times
80-99 = 8

Note: last year saw a lot of important GCS players absent in the midfield which saw KK stand up as one of the few talented players, I feel the return of JOM, Swallow, Gablett will seriously affect his scoring potential and I can see him dropping back to maybe 80-85, he'll be a top scorer but not this year for me, who knows the inclusion of these guys could conversely improve his scoring as GCS will no doubt be more successful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back