Position 2016 Defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our intra club teams for tonight.
http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2016-02-12/swansintra-teams-finalised

I know it is only a scratch match but it looks very much like a seniors (TeamRed) v reserves (TeamWhite) affair, which makes the selection of Newman, O'Riordan and the Spartan Leonardis in the red team very interesting...
Team Red certainly much stronger, but with the likes of Grundy, Smith, Rampe, Mills in Team White, I wouldn't be reading too much into it

Bell has always played as a Half Forward/Mid why would a Defender steal his points? Unless you mean Yarran.

As for Touhy, he's a pretty solid player, could go around 85-90 but probably more likely 80-85. Simpson, Docherty, Thomas, Walker, Buckley, Plowman & even Weitering can all re-bound off half back, as well as Tuohy off course. Although Touhy is more of a BP than a HBF.
Generally gets the job on the opposition's best small forward too right?
In a different role, Tuohy could be a very useful SC player, but not the way Carlton have been using him

For those thinking about Birchall, might be useful to watch some of his preseason matches. On our board people were discussing his role in our club scratch game today. Apparently he was playing in the mids some of the time.

Of course it's quite possible (likely) even, that it was just a bit of experimentation, nevertheless he's gone from my "no way" list to the "watch closely in preseason" one.

Generally gets the job on the opposition's best small forward too right?
In a different role, Tuohy could be a very useful SC player, but not the way Carlton have been using him

New coach, new game plan. Watch closely for possible new role.

For those thinking about Birchall, might be useful to watch some of his preseason matches. On our board people were discussing his role in our club scratch game today. Apparently he was playing in the mids some of the time.

Of course it's quite possible (likely) even, that it was just a bit of experimentation, nevertheless he's gone from my "no way" list to the "watch closely in preseason" one.

So if Birchall pushes up to midfield, Suckling gone, Lake gone...does that mean Duryea plays a more defensive role, or does he take the place of Birchall/Suckling

So if Birchall pushes up to midfield, Suckling gone, Lake gone...does that mean Duryea plays a more defensive role, or does he take the place of Birchall/Suckling

The thread is here...
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/scratch-match-10-feb.1123328/page-3

I can't see Duryea being affected negatively. However I'm still not sold on Duryea as a breakout player either.
Howe might be the main person to benefit, he's coming on in leaps and bounds but would be a mighty ballsy pick considering he will still be borderline best 22.

Reckon him and/or Gibson will have shutdown roles. Main reason I left Gibson off my team.

Reckon him and/or Gibson will have shutdown roles. Main reason I left Gibson off my team.
Yeah I had Gibbo last year, he was very good at times, but the issue is you rely too much on other factors.

He needed Frawley and Lake playing to allow him to get free, otherwise it was curtains on his scoring.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously, defenders are doing my head in. What are people doing here? I only have 2 premos and on midpricer at the moment. The rest rookies, but not sold on many of them either.

The only defender I have confidence in is Shaw atm. Have gone with KK and Doc at D2 and D3 hoping they can both improve on last years scoring but certainly risks attached to many choices in Defense this year.

The only defender I have confidence in is Shaw atm. Have gone with KK and Doc at D2 and D3 hoping they can both improve on last years scoring but certainly risks attached to many choices in Defense this year.
I've decided to skip Shaw at that cost.
Gone Laird, KK, Bartel and Docherty.

Boyd's an interesting one, I can't ignore the nice start to the year the bullies have at home.

If he has the same season as last year (104 avg. missing 4 games) and if the rookies who replace him get 50 he'll still net out at a 95 avg.
Which going off last year is top 5.

Plus his higher scores per week are good for league wins.

Not much love for Boydy.
Will he be rested or is this just assumed.
I spose he did get rested last year a few games.
Boyd's an interesting one, I can't ignore the nice start to the year the bullies have at home.

If he has the same season as last year (104 avg. missing 4 games) and if the rookies who replace him get 50 he'll still net out at a 95 avg.
Which going off last year is top 5.

Plus his higher scores per week are good for league wins.

Imo Boyd will average in the high 90's this year which would be very good for a defender. Just a matter of the initial starting price + being rested that's turned me off him atm. Although as you said with adequate bench cover, he is a very viable option. Definitely someone to consider.

Imo Boyd will average in the high 90's this year which would be very good for a defender. Just a matter of the initial starting price + being rested that's turned me off him atm. Although as you said with adequate bench cover, he is a very viable option. Definitely someone to consider.
Don't think you can justify paying $560k odd for a player who will probably play at most 18 games, specifically if his average is going to dip under 100.

Interesting to see K.Simpson reckons he has had his best pre-season in 5 years.

Might get back to that high 90s average. I'm going Doch personally, but still.

Well, we are back *ers, good reading lads, been interesting to read everyones opinions

Im having a completely different approach this year to my entire side! Ive decided to not have full blown premos from the start, im going to build them and integrate them into my side through out the year (bar the obvious must have premos who ai cannot see changing in price)

Ive smashed out all mid priced defenders

Bartel - dirt cheap, proven time n time again
Yeo - potential to be hitting 90+s
Yarren - think hes in a good place at the tiges and can regenerate his career
Eski - well, he aint getting any lower, and with suns to be running at 99% list strength, think hes only goin one way
Mcdonald, luke - alright, somewhat biased pick, but this kid oozes potential and am hoping he has a breakout year
Aish - similar to mcdonald, but these two are where i'll be looking to turn em into an elite Shaw, Laird, Rance etc

+ m brown (lessendon) and j mcgrath lions (suffered knee injury rnd 2 or 3 last year, can play both ends and is locked for my bench spot)

Well, we are back gooses, good reading lads, been interesting to read everyones opinions

Im having a completely different approach this year to my entire side! Ive decided to not have full blown premos from the start, im going to build them and integrate them into my side through out the year (bar the obvious must have premos who ai cannot see changing in price)

Eski - well, he aint getting any lower, and with suns to be running at 99% list strength, think hes only goin one way
Mcdonald, luke - alright, somewhat biased pick, but this kid oozes potential and am hoping he has a breakout year
Aish - similar to mcdonald, but these two are where i'll be looking to turn em into an elite Shaw, Laird, Rance etc

+ m brown (lessendon) and j mcgrath lions (suffered knee injury rnd 2 or 3 last year, can play both ends and is locked for my bench spot)
Don't think Yarran will be ready for round 1.

Well, we are back gooses, good reading lads, been interesting to read everyones opinions

Yuck to McDonald, Aish & Yarran.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back