Club Mgmt. 2016 Essendon Membership Thread - Final count - 57,494!

Remove this Banner Ad

The Good, the Bad...
Oh no no. I am the Man with No Name - Zapp Brannigan.

df198c34e851b43c6f81850c2e6c0563.jpg

Fair enough. Wherever there's any AFL or **** Carlton bashing going on, I'll gladly take part!

Round 6 v Carltoon..what a day that will be. Can't friggin wait.

There's never been a more important year than this to show your support and get on board. Our club has been horrifically mismanaged and as a result, it's in a badly gutted state at present, but there is still an enormous wealth of tradition behind this club and the past four years don't change that. You support the jumper and all the history that it stands for.

There are still some very solid and gutsy people wearing our jumper who will be taking the field this year too. They're going to face a hard task, and guess what; we might find out what it's like to truly on tough street as supporters for a year or two. But, we've just got to guts it out. And those players need our support; not just the Baguleys, and Goddards, and Zaharakises, but the young kids like Laverde and Daniher and Langord and Merrett who are going to be forced to stand up taller than they probably should have to with their tender years.

But guess what: we've still got our club. That's more than those poor Fitzroy supporters who watched their club be systematically and unethically pushed out of the league twenty years ago can say. And we'll still have our club well into the future, as long as we stick fat. That's the most important thing.

It's going to be a tough year, it will most likely be a tough few years. But right now we're basically at ground zero and if we can maintain our support now, it's going to define so much of how quickly our club can rebound from this disaster.

I was seriously considering downgrading my membership due to certain circumstances, but the club thought "Nah stuff ya" and signed me up for the High Mark.

At first, I was a bit confronted knowing I'll be paying $100 a month again, which I can seldom afford... But then I realised what this club still means to me and I'm all for it. Somehow ended up with better seating too. So let's do it. Get around the boys and let's smash Carlton again. :)

There's never been a more important year than this to show your support and get on board. Our club has been horrifically mismanaged and as a result, it's in a badly gutted state at present, but there is still an enormous wealth of tradition behind this club and the past four years don't change that. You support the jumper and all the history that it stands for.

There are still some very solid and gutsy people wearing our jumper who will be taking the field this year too. They're going to face a hard task, and guess what; we might find out what it's like to truly on tough street as supporters for a year or two. But, we've just got to guts it out. And those players need our support; not just the Baguleys, and Goddards, and Zaharakises, but the young kids like Laverde and Daniher and Langord and Merrett who are going to be forced to stand up taller than they probably should have to with their tender years.

But guess what: we've still got our club. That's more than those poor Fitzroy supporters who watched their club be systematically and unethically pushed out of the league twenty years ago can say. And we'll still have our club well into the future, as long as we stick fat. That's the most important thing.

It's going to be a tough year, it will most likely be a tough few years. But right now we're basically at ground zero and if we can maintain our support now, it's going to define so much of how quickly our club can rebound from this disaster.

Well said. This made me sign up today!! (Well actually not really. I signed up this morning then came to this tread to write +1).

GO BOMBERS!!!! BRING ON THE SUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For those who have completely crack the poos and refuse to renew your membership because of...everything...just think of the players and the players only.

I'm guessing all our boys..suspended or not...would get the biggest confidence boost by seeing that membership number climb up day by day.

Nothing says " we're with you " more (through this shitty year) than supporters signing up.

So just do it. If you're not keen on going to games and renewing your usually $400 a year nice seats..at least buy a $50 membership. Even a friggin pet one!

Go on ffs...stop whinging and just do it!! :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Support your club through thick and through THIN. I've been a member for close to 10 years now and the thought of cancelling my membership has never entered my mind. I don't care about whether I get a cap or a scarf, I like the feeling of being a part of a club that I love and have loved dearly since I was a young boy.

This club is about more than the bull**** that's happened over the last three years - don't let these dark years define the red and black. We've got a proud history where all our success came before these dark times.

These 12 months will most likely be tough, but at least we get to see a team play without the shocking ASADA/WADA cloud over their heads. IMO that was the worst and worst is behind us. Time to move forward and get behind the boys this year. Do what you can to support the club - they need it

What is with the membership numbers on the Essendon website? The main page has a different number to the membership page almost all the time. Seriously what the * kind of s**t IT system do they have where they store the same figure for the same data in two separate locations having each page reference a different data source?

******* governance.

What is with the membership numbers on the Essendon website? The main page has a different number to the membership page almost all the time. Seriously what the **** kind of s**t IT system do they have where they store the same figure for the same data in two separate locations having each page reference a different data source?

******* governance.
Should fold already. Can't governance it right

For those who have completely crack the poos and refuse to renew your membership because of...everything...just think of the players and the players only.

I'm guessing all our boys..suspended or not...would get the biggest confidence boost by seeing that membership number climb up day by day.

Nothing says " we're with you " more (through this shitty year) than supporters signing up.

So just do it. If you're not keen on going to games and renewing your usually $400 a year nice seats..at least buy a $50 membership. Even a friggin pet one!

Go on ffs...stop whinging and just do it!! :)

Pet memberships don't count to the offical numbers, nor to baby ones.

I bought a baby membership for my daughter back in November and I still haven't received it.

Did anyone else buy this one ? (The $40 one)? Has anyone else received it?

I bought a baby membership for my daughter back in November and I still haven't received it.

You should probably ring the club. That's a fair while.

My son was born last June, so I signed him up pretty much straight away, so it renewed automatically and he's already got his membership pack a few weeks ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back