List Mgmt. 2016 general list discussion and speculation (cont in Pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who said he heard it from Kelly?
And your other bit, based on your own bizarre extrapolation from an unsubstantiated and thoroughly unreliable rumour, is still complete rubbish.

Dermott said this on radio yesterday SEN.
Didn't give us the source but the fact he mentioned this on radio, that in itself suggests there is truth to the story as he's risking a lot if he's incorrect.

And as for your opinion on telling me how it is, again, you've got an opinion just as I do, so while you think it is complete rubbish, I reckon by keeping Kelly on the list next year, it will most certainly impact either Bews, Horlin-Smith, Jansen or Bates's chances of getting picked. The fact we have witnessed this throughout 2014 and 2015, well, keep on turning a blind eye Freddie boy :thumbsu:

Kelly has been an amazing player but father time has caught up with Pops.
We have a ready made Kelly replacement in Gore , pity we couldn't have seen him in the 1's but he has potential to be a midfielder or defender with a strong work ethic, good endurance and pace - tackles like a madman as well. His disposal needs work but that makes him a perfect replacement for Kelly :p

Do people think our back six is the weakest? I for one think they do a phenomenal job under pressure most weeks, this midfield hasn't supported them a whole lot. I dont think we are strong over any line but our half back is our best.
They are also our oldest line and will need replacing soon.
Mids have been addressed in past two drafts and by extension of that so has the forward line but we haven't done anything for the back line since drafting Kolo

Dermott said this on radio yesterday SEN.
Didn't give us the source but the fact he mentioned this on radio, that in itself suggests there is truth to the story as he's risking a lot if he's incorrect.

Making these comments on radio not only does not suggest they're true, it involves him in risking absolutely zero, the same as every other rumour-mongering gob-off radio twit.
I note you've also now dropped your ridiculous claim that he heard it from Kelly.

I reckon by keeping Kelly on the list next year, it will most certainly impact either Bews, Horlin-Smith, Jansen or Bates's chances of getting picked. The fact we have witnessed this throughout 2014 and 2015, well, keep on turning a blind eye Freddie boy :thumbsu:

There is a huge difference between this claim (which might even be true, but has absolutely nothing remotely whatever to do with your original post), and your obnoxious claim that the club has now descended to "Veterans beginning to turn on each other in the hope of devoiding a young players progress on the list next season so they can pocket 300-350k themselves by going another year".

It really is a pity that you've allowed your obsession with player-transition at any and all costs to drag you down to the level of making such obnoxious posts, BobbyBoy.

Was Chappy gracious when leaving...I wouldn't have thought so

Kel may think he still has a year left but i don't think it will be at Geelong both Jimmy and Boris and to an extent SJ have earned a right to decide

Unfortunately Kel and Stokes will end up being Squeezed out

He did what he thought was best, he had more footy in him.

Nothing wrong with it but don't bash the club on your way out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When is J Kolo re-signing? What could the hold up be?
Getting Mots sorted, Getting Blitz sorted and getting Kolo sorted.

All of whom have had large external offers - and rightly so. Getting all that refined into those 3 deals, getting the PD and Hendo SC situations, and not to mention 6 Veteran players tha thva been the spine of the club sorted all takes time.

These things can't be done in isolation. Of course, Id luv them all to be done last week too but I can see a valid, logical reason they have not been finished yet.

GO Catters

No idea?!

Why are people getting so defensive? Just because they're Geelong players doesn't mean they're automatically angels, they can and do say stupid things all the time.

I'm not getting defensive. I just don't think there will be too many interested in Kelly. If the club tells him he won't be needed and he decides to go somewhere else, I don't know if he'll get many bites. He's no Paul Chapman 2013. I think it would be clear to most clubs that he's just about finished and he could get a lot worse in 2016. Seems like a Josh Hunt type scenario, except GWS has progressed past the point of needing experience added into their side from guys who are clearly past it.

I disagree Freddy boy.
I would certainly take Dermott's inside knowledge of what he heard from Kelly over your opinion.
Do you work in the football industry?
Dermie is known to talk a lot of s**t. maybe he is right this time - maybe not.

Making these comments on radio not only does not suggest they're true, it involves him in risking absolutely zero, the same as every other rumour-mongering gob-off radio twit.
I note you've also now dropped your ridiculous claim that he heard it from Kelly.

Same kind of risks Tim Watson made when he said there was player unrest at Geelong in 2012, or one of those years and was subsequently made to apologize for such rumors made?
You seriously believe there is absolutely no risk?

There is a huge difference between this claim (which might even be true, but has absolutely nothing remotely whatever to do with your original post), and your obnoxious claim that the club has now descended to "Veterans beginning to turn on each other in the hope of devoiding a young players progress on the list next season so they can pocket 300-350k themselves by going another year".

It really is a pity that you've allowed your obsession with player-transition at any and all costs to drag you down to the level of making such obnoxious posts, BobbyBoy.

Obnoxious posts?
Your a real piece of work Fred.
The problem with you is that you sincerely believe your the voice of reason on this board. Your just another old timer making up the damn numbers mate.

As for player transition, I've made it perfectly clear where I stand on that topic and thus far, I've been vindicated as Kolodjashnij should have started the year in the senior team ahead of anyone else in the back-line apart from Lonergan and Taylor. Thurlow should have played last year ahead of Kelly while Horlin-Smith should have played at least half the season and the same applies to Dean Gore who has been quite outstanding in the VFL for a good 2 months this year.
They're our future Fred, not Stokes, not Kelly, not Johnson, not Rivers and it's a shame supporters like yourself cannot see the impact fresh legs make to a team in transition.

Thankfully, they all leave the club at seasons end and the young blokes finally get a decent crack as they should have 5 months ago.

I'm not getting defensive. I just don't think there will be too many interested in Kelly. If the club tells him he won't be needed and he decides to go somewhere else, I don't know if he'll get many bites. He's no Paul Chapman 2013. I think it would be clear to most clubs that he's just about finished and he could get a lot worse in 2016. Seems like a Josh Hunt type scenario, except GWS has progressed past the point of needing experience added into their side from guys who are clearly past it.

I agree, my comment was towards people who are backing certain players and dismissing any sort of criticism about them over people who actually might have some kind of insight into the types of characters these guys are.

Don't take it personally Fred and the like, move on.

Dermie is known to talk a lot of s**t. maybe he is right this time - maybe not.

wasn't just Dermott making the comments. MisterMarcus heard it too and we have seen on here time and time again, where there's smoke, there's fire.

I'm sure Freddie boy will tell MisterMarcus he's talking complete garbage :p

Same kind of risks Tim Watson made when he said there was player unrest at Geelong in 2012, or one of those years and was subsequently made to apologize for such rumors made?
You seriously believe there is absolutely no risk?

Obnoxious posts?
Your a real piece of work Fred.
The problem with you is that you sincerely believe your the voice of reason on this board. Your just another old timer making up the damn numbers mate.

As for player transition, I've made it perfectly clear where I stand on that topic and thus far, I've been vindicated as Kolodjashnij should have started the year in the senior team ahead of anyone else in the back-line apart from Lonergan and Taylor. Thurlow should have played last year ahead of Kelly while Horlin-Smith should have played at least half the season and the same applies to Dean Gore who has been quite outstanding in the VFL for a good 2 months this year.
They're our future Fred, not Stokes, not Kelly, not Johnson, not Rivers and it's a shame supporters like yourself cannot see the impact fresh legs make to a team in transition.

Thankfully, they all leave the club at seasons end and the young blokes finally get a decent crack as they should have 5 months ago.

Your post was utterly obnoxious drivel, based on what you admit was an unsubstantiated rumour, so stop with the personal insults, stop trying to deflect from that issue to hide what must now, even for you, be an embarrassing lapse, and stop digging yourself any deeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back