List Mgmt. 2016 general list discussion and speculation (cont in Pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't know enough about Henderson but my gut says if we get a top 10 pick to trade that for him seems high.

And logically, if I don't know much about him having watched a reasonable amount of footy that in itself leads me to question a top 10 for him.

Top 20 sounds about right… maybe 15-20.

Go Catters

In some ways I wonder if this has a degree of "he is good against us" , he kicked goals against us u some games. Id say he is at least equal to Frawley , perhaps not as much as dour defender...probably more utility having spent more time forward. Would have to say he is potentially as good as Lonergan. Really drafted in 2002 , Lonergan really didn't start giving us a strong reliable player till he moved deep ..at what 25,26? It just seems to me that the club is prepared to pay a bit more to short circuit this lead up time. Lonergan originally P23 in 02 , and it the last 5 years he has been so valuable. ( yes injury I know)... compare that to Mackie has been a regular since 04...

So I with most people 10 and above probably Ok , but if we get a pick inside 10 ... no find another way to get it done.

We could have another first round pick
Motflop is getting his papers stamped given his attitude and form
Thats too far.. who knows what the future holds but he is a long way from "papers". His form is a bit off , maybe fitness is off a bit too , but plenty of talented players have their ups and downs.... and Id suspect he would have watched the way AC has enjoyed his time at the Lions.

Our best in round 1, easily in our best 10 in his next 4 games, ordinary v Sydney, poor last week, don't know anything about "his attitude".
The best 10 players is rubbish, he should be top 2
Best in round 1 is rubbish

He has not signed and is asking for $$

Watch this space, as we will be active in the offseason
The mail I'm getting is the club will not be disappointed when he doesn't agree to a new contract

He is a Motlop after all

The mail I'm getting is the club will not be disappointed when he doesn't agree to a new contract

He is a Motlop after all

Your bolded claims are simply not even worth debating.
And if, as you claim, he's in our best 2, why would we leave him uncontracted, and let him go for a Bundy? In fact, if we don't want him, why would we even currently be in contract negotiations with him, as we are?
Absent any evidence whatever apart from your mysterious unsubstantiated "mail", I regard your claims as ridiculous.
But you are, of course, free to air your opinions and even to claim they are fact, despite the total absence of any evidence for them.

He is a Motlop after all

Has no signed ..fact.... asking for dollars ..fact.... Id hope so , players don't get paid in magic beans

The question will be what he wants to be paid and what we are willing to. The other stuff is unsubstantiated. Just where is he going for more money than we would offer?

Motlop I place in same category as Caddy the difference between their best and worst is a mile apart still, im quite happy to keep Motlop at same time if an unbelievable deal comes through we should look at it on its merits and I believe we wont be the only club into Henderson if we do manage to get Dangerfield what impact will a Henderson have on our salary cap for other players

Are we allowed next year to list Vardy Cowan and Menziel on rookie contracts

If they don't perform this year that's 2 places on our list wasted come 2016, these types are done,.. people need to get over them!
GFC isn't a retirement village, they can't put their hands out again, surely not!

Are we allowed next year to list Vardy Cowan and Menziel on rookie contracts
there is a real possibility here provided they are not hurt.

Of course, they are able to be claimed by other clubs at that point too - see Delaney from Norf to us this year….

GO Catters

Motlop I place in same category as Caddy the difference between their best and worst is a mile apart still, im quite happy to keep Motlop at same time if an unbelievable deal comes through we should look at it on its merits and I believe we wont be the only club into Henderson if we do manage to get Dangerfield what impact will a Henderson have on our salary cap for other players

The difference between Motlop and Caddy is that the first is a better player and plays well much more often, as he has this season.
The mere suggestion of trading off Motlop is ridiculous.
Doing so in return for a Henderson would be a massive downgrade in quality, akin to sheer lunacy.

We need to move on or else jeopardize the club's re development, it's that serious!...even guys like Smedts, we need to move on because for whatever reason has not come up to the standard we require, We might get something for him but the way he's tracking 2015 it won't be much.

There's a log jam of failed careers for a variety of reasons, we shouldn't facilitate them any longer for the sake of the club's future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The difference between Motlop and Caddy is that the first is a better player and plays well much more often, as he has this season.
The mere suggestion of trading off Motlop is ridiculous.
Doing so in return for a Henderson would be a massive downgrade in quality, akin to sheer lunacy.
Only assets saving Motlop is his ability to hit the scoreboard and his young age, apart from that his disposal is terrible at times, lacks defensive capability and is it me or has he lost a yard of pace from previous years, while Im not ado vacating to straight out trade, if a really good offer comes would should really think about it

We need to move on or else jeopardize the club's re development, it's that serious!...even guys like Smedts, we need to move on because for whatever reason has not come up to the standard we require, We might get something for him but the way he's tracking 2015 it won't be much.

There's a log jam of failed careers for a variety of reasons, we shouldn't facilitate them any longer for the sake of the club's future.
Some apart agrees but people will point to Murdoch given a run of games was slow early but starting to show promise, would like Murdoch to have a good one against West Coast to show he can achieve against good sides...

Only assets saving Motlop is his ability to hit the scoreboard and his young age, apart from that his disposal is terrible at times, lacks defensive capability and is it me or has he lost a yard of pace from previous years, while Im not ado vacating to straight out trade, if a really good offer comes would should really think about it

What is "saving" Motlop is the fact that he's a bloody good player, absolutely essential to our future, and even better up the ground than when he's down forward, especially with his Rebound 50 ability.
The old canard that he "lacks defensive capability" has now also now finally been been put to rest by Teriyakicat (see posts #505ff):
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...-defeats-carlton-by-77-points.1098264/page-21

Last edited:
Your bolded claims are simply not even worth debating.
And if, as you claim, he's in our best 2, why would we leave him uncontracted, and let him go for a Bundy? In fact, if we don't want him, why would we even currently be in contract negotiations with him, as we are?
Absent any evidence whatever apart from your mysterious unsubstantiated "mail", I regard your claims as ridiculous.
But you are, of course, free to air your opinions and even to claim they are fact, despite the total absence of any evidence for them.
You regard him in the top 10 players when we are rebuilding, that is not worth debating. We should have kept Varcoe on that basis. the club will not come out and air dirty linen with slobbo.

Taken from the Crows board:

Danger on 5AA this morning re contract

"Something i haven't really thought about, i just concentrate on the upcoming game and there's no bigger test this week".

Tried to change the topic very quickly, not an encouraging answer.

I might be reading too much into it, but sounds to me like he's gone. No way he hasn't thought about it a third of the way into the season.

Whether or not that means he is coming to Geelong or not is another thing all together.

Some apart agrees but people will point to Murdoch given a run of games was slow early but starting to show promise, would like Murdoch to have a good one against West Coast to show he can achieve against good sides...

Murdoch's on the park that's why we've see the improvement, and it's taken a fair while. The blokes I'm referring to haven't played in years it's that simple.
If we expect improvement in the squad we're going to have to move these guys on.

Just saw on GFC site more surgery for Vardy!...you have got to be joking.

Last edited:
Where there is smoke, there is fire.

And that statement right there is plenty of kindling….

GO Catters

I wouldn't be trading Motlop.
But gee he has been disappointing.

Be brave and move him on I reckon, we might do really well in a deal because I think we've got the emerging talent to cover him. A big defender or med/tall forward or taller mid might be interesting.

Crows fans are pretty convinced it means he has "signed" last year. In other news Malthouse has dropped the Crows/Trigg right in it by stating that Betts signed 18 months ago. If true Malthouse has taken Trigg down with him. AFL are investing... touché

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back