2016 Giants Preseason News All In Here

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey guys, wrote a season preview for the Giants, thought you might appreciate the read.

barney20.wordpress.com/2015/12/23/greater-western-sydney-football-club-2016-season-preview

Cheers.
Nice job there mate. Only addition I would make is a section on off field performance. You could give a little commentary on coaching panel changes (eg Hayes in, Cornes out), membership and attendances (inceasing?) and some associated predictions. However, a good read as is.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are the chances of Time Mohr getting a reg game this year?
Jokes aside, I reckon it'll be pretty good. Marchbank is still only a second year player and Corr a bit up and down. Mohr did really well in our first couple of years so depending on his recovery I still see him in our top couple of KPDs with Davis.

Jokes aside, I reckon it'll be pretty good. Marchbank is still only a second year player and Corr a bit up and down. Mohr did really well in our first couple of years so depending on his recovery I still see him in our top couple of KPDs with Davis.
Mohr coming from a long way back in my opinion.We could do with his size but hes basically coming off back 2 back ACLs so it will be tough.

Marchbank is having a great pre season.Beating Ward, Cogs and Griffen in the 3km time trial is a fair effort and with Patfull and Haynes having interrupted preseasons he should get his opportunity in Nab cup to press his claims

Mohr coming from a long way back in my opinion.We could do with his size but hes basically coming off back 2 back ACLs so it will be tough.

Marchbank is having a great pre season.Beating Ward, Cogs and Griffen in the 3km time trial is a fair effort and with Patfull and Haynes having interrupted preseasons he should get his opportunity in Nab cup to press his claims
Thing about Marchbank is that he will be competing as rebounding back, if it is all about running ability. He gets pushed around too much by the big KPF. He'll get there, but needs a couple more preseasons in the gym. Mohr and Davis would be needed games agains those sides with two mature KPFs eg Sydney with Tippett and Buddy.

Great to hear Griffen has lost 5-6 kg this preseason.He seemed to get tackled a lot trying to accelerate from contests.This should be great for his game.Hopefully we get the gun midfielder we were expecting to get now
I like the idea of him playing off half back too. The drive and run out of defence and through the middle we get from that brings our game plan a lot. I predict he'll spend a bit of time in the middle and across half back.

Great to hear Griffen has lost 5-6 kg this preseason.He seemed to get tackled a lot trying to accelerate from contests.This should be great for his game.Hopefully we get the gun midfielder we were expecting to get now
Plenty of WBD fans commented on him looking heavy and slow last year compared to previous years, and he even admits he was "probably a bit too heavy last year, which was probably my fault." Should be a real boost having Griff come in more comfortable after 12 months here and in better shape.

Great to see he hasn't missed a session after tweaking his knee at the end of last season too.

Thing about Marchbank is that he will be competing as rebounding back, if it is all about running ability. He gets pushed around too much by the big KPF. He'll get there, but needs a couple more preseasons in the gym. Mohr and Davis would be needed games agains those sides with two mature KPFs eg Sydney with Tippett and Buddy.
Agree we need Mohr for the gorilla forwards like Tippett, Hawkins etc but thinking ahead who plays on Hogan round 1.Did Davis last year?....Hogan has a good tank.Marchbank could as least match him there.Not sure Davis is suited up the ground and Corr could get oubodied closer to goal.We would probably rely on team defence and create 2 on 1 situations as much as possible on him

Agree we need Mohr for the gorilla forwards like Tippett, Hawkins etc but thinking ahead who plays on Hogan round 1.Did Davis last year?....Hogan has a good tank.Marchbank could as least match him there.Not sure Davis is suited up the ground and Corr could get oubodied closer to goal.We would probably rely on team defence and create 2 on 1 situations as much as possible on him
Where we can, we give Marchbank and Corr a crack at junior forwards and third talls for sure. Hogan is a good example. Ideally, Davis takes him, but if Marchbank is in the team then he picks him up for some of the time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back