2016 Giants Preseason News All In Here

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/video/2016-01-22/giants-first-crack

Apparently first session of match simulation; 2 x 20 minute halves. The footage is a bit grainy, and of course it's just snippets, so hard to tell too much.

However:
  • Dylan Shiel looks in fantastic shape
  • Toby Greene seemed right in amongst it as usual
  • Matt Flynn was pretty mobile in a couple of clips
  • at one point it looks like Stevie J and Devon Smith were having a bit of a discussion (as teammates) - good to see
Stevey j look pretty good, hopper was in a couple clips good to see and Shiel look really good

I know Daniel Lloyd has a little one (boy I think) - now all we have to do is get him to 100 games;)

Daniel has a boy and girl under age of 3...
Also I'll be heading to the intra-club will be happy to take a few notes and post them..

Last edited:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/201...b/news-story/3a1b748c2f7295b9c8141d9527e7a07e
GWS Giants

A NOTICEABLY slimmer Ryan Griffen is compiling a strong summer heading into his second season at the Giants. The former Bulldogs skipper admitted he was overweight last season and changes to his weights and running programs has seen him drop 4-5 kg. Competition is set to be fierce at the GWS Giants as the club strives for its first finals appearance and Josh Kelly is doing everything he can to be a part of it. The skilful wingman placed second in the club’s post-Christmas 3km time trial in a sign his third AFL season will be his best. Big man Adam Tomlinson was also impressive, finishing just behind Kelly and among a group of midfielders.

— Adam Baldwin

Edit. So all that doggies crap about giving them an overweight Mummas boy and yet they gave us an overweight Griff

Would love to hear how WHE is going this preseason. Nothing has come out about him yet... Although I imagine part of that would be to ease any burden of expectation.
He really needs to lift this year.
In saying that I think he starts 2016 in the NEAFL

Would love to hear how WHE is going this preseason. Nothing has come out about him yet... Although I imagine part of that would be to ease any burden of expectation.

Cant remember seeing vision of him running at the time trials.He was doing the boxing at the open session though.

Thinking of dropping in to training tomorrow. Anyone have an inkling of times they hit the track?

Watching the latest video and loving how connected the club is keeping us over this offseason. Allison seems to be looking better each video despite the fact that I can't stop watching her lisp in action.

That's being said I wouldn't want to get into a spar with mummy or the general!

Looks like Wilson managed to mark shiel a few times as well!

Watching the latest video and loving how connected the club is keeping us over this offseason. Allison seems to be looking better each video despite the fact that I can't stop watching her lisp in action.

That's being said I wouldn't want to get into a spar with mummy or the general!

Looks like Wilson managed to mark shiel a few times as well!
funny you say that because I reckon my missus would love to get into a spa with them two...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still stand by the club in how it was handled. We couldnt trade with freo on what they were supposedly offering

I agree. As I said in the other thread, his manager has a lot to live up to.

A) He pushes his client to sign an extension probably regardless of how Cam is feeling
B) Cam gets a huge offer once he starts going well for us and Freo rightfully throw the kitchen sink at him and Young sees $ signs
C) Young goes public, spits the dummy and calls it unfair and Cam being a kid believes him and the homesick feelings that are inevitable become stronger

The happiest one out of all of this will probably be Tomlinson and Himmelberg

I hope at AFL induction day, they had "Cam McCarthey" segment with contracts for the draftees.

So can Freo now walk up to the negotiating table at the end of the year and say "he's had a year off of football and is worth less"? This whole thing stinks.

I still stand by the club in how it was handled. We couldnt trade with freo on what they were supposedly offering

Agreed, I simply mean I don't know to what I extent I buy the story, genuinely this stuff can be so real it's toxic, but it can also be "enhanced"

So can Freo now walk up to the negotiating table at the end of the year and say "he's had a year off of football and is worth less"? This whole thing stinks.

I would rather him go for nothing and the players know where they stand when they sign contracts rather than them (or more to the point, their blood sucking managers) throwing all the toys out of the cot.

He will still have a year to go on his contract at the end of the year, if the club doesn't get fair value it doesn't have to trade

And Leon can sit on the other side of the table and say,"hes in great nick,no damage and ready to go"MORE PLEASE.
Absolutely. And it's not in their best interest to low ball. They want him. Odds on they get him. But honestly, even the most ardent Freo fan would see the benefit in offering fair value, as we could dig in, say no, and he sits out 2 full years. That's not good for Cam and it's not good for Freo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back