Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 30, 2010
Katherine, NT
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB Lightning,
Last edited:
I'm in for both - will the draft league be Ultimate Footy draft?

Thanks, I'm contemplating Prestia again this year.

Prestia had a compression bandage on his right calf yesterday at training but was just precautionary. He is pumped for a huge season. Extremely fit.

Ablett also injury free, although he didn't join in all the strenuous beach sessions yesterday. (Rode the bike instead). As soon as training finished he was flying to Melbourne.

If you guys want some easy competition then I'll play. Last year was my first year playing I'm eager for year 2. I've never done draft style for footy but that's how we do it for our American sports here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the HARDEST (and I can not stress how true this is) thing about creating a draft league is getting everyone online to do the draft. Big Red Machine who is the commisioner of the best draft league in Australia can attest to this.

My thinking is that we go ahead and do it during the SUNS v EAGLES Nab Challenge game in Perth. Not many of us will be there, but most of us will be at home watching it on the couch, so that could be as good a time as any!

I'm keen - although I'm flying up for a work conference that afternoon (on the Gold Coast funnily enough). Hopefully the apartment that I'm staying at has free wi-fi so can to do the draft.

I saw from the above table that it must have been a points league. Has anyone considered a stat category scoring system (e.g. kicks, marks, handballs, goals, HO, etc...) as I've done that in the past and it works quite well?

I'm keen - although I'm flying up for a work conference that afternoon (on the Gold Coast funnily enough). Hopefully the apartment that I'm staying at has free wi-fi so can to do the draft.

I saw from the above table that it must have been a points league. Has anyone considered a stat category scoring system (e.g. kicks, marks, handballs, goals, HO, etc...) as I've done that in the past and it works quite well?

What do you mean a points league? All the above transfer to points.

Example, Kick is worth 3, goal is worth 6, HO worth 1 etc

G'day lads, Im just wondering how Trent McKenzie is traveling this preseason? Priced at 287k in AFL Fantasy, is he a chance to go back to an average of 70+?

Cheers, and good luck for the upcoming season.

G'day lads, Im just wondering how Trent McKenzie is traveling this preseason? Priced at 287k in AFL Fantasy, is he a chance to go back to an average of 70+?

Cheers, and good luck for the upcoming season.

Trent is an interesting one. Hopefully the culture shift at our club has a positive impact on his consistency. I'd only expect him to be fringe 22 to start off the season though.

McKenzie & Stanley were the 2 that stood out to me as struggling the most with fitness on Saturday. Just seemed off the pace compared to the other guys, even the new draftees.

What do you mean a points league? All the above transfer to points.

Example, Kick is worth 3, goal is worth 6, HO worth 1 etc

You can set it up to be an 8 or 9 category scoring system which can include Frees for, Frees against, Goal kicking efficiency, marks tackles etc...

Every stat is worth 1 stat in that category. Play H2H and you end up with scores of 5-3 for the week (e.g. I won more categories for the weekend than my opponent).

Have found that it makes for a much closer contest week in, week out and need to be more strategic with your selections such as making sure you get a good ruckman early on to win HO category, or picking backline and midfielders that kick goals, or picking Jack Gunston because he kicks 5.1 instead of Travis Cloke who kick 1.5... just something to consider as adds an extra layer to the fantasy experience

Everything is done via Ultimate Footy its just the scoring settings that change.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back