Injury 2016 Injury List

Remove this Banner Ad

Add Brady Grey to the injured list. Carried of with what appeared to be a nasty ankle sprain today. Did not return to the track and sat with the leg elevated and the ankle iced.

I have to say, all these preseason injuries to players we need playing round one to improve is a bit deflating. I'm also thinking we're going to need more than one preseason with the new coaches for their influence to really be felt. Hopefully it comes together after the bye but right now my expectations for improvement on last year are pretty low.

Tabs has a super tank for a big man, expect him to be playing a fair bit of footy this year purely because he will run all day, provide an option and won't use up a rotation on the interchange cap.

I'd like to know where he was in the 3km time trial if anyone was there?

Keeping to post has anyone got an update on Mora is he in full drills etc or is there any form of management of his knee?

Tabs has a super tank for a big man, expect him to be playing a fair bit of footy this year purely because he will run all day, provide an option and won't use up a rotation on the interchange cap.

Keeping to post has anyone got an update on Mora is he in full drills etc or is there any form of management of his knee?

Morabito is in full training and flying. He is a standout on the track and the odds on him being in Purple this year are reeling in.
It is very exciting.

Morabito is in full training and flying. He is a standout on the track and the odds on him being in Purple this year are reeling in.
It is very exciting.
Fred since you are big critics of tab do you see any improvement in him, I not expect much , just mark half of what he drop last season will be good.

Fred since you are big critics of tab do you see any improvement in him, I not expect much , just mark half of what he drop last season will be good.

meima Just don't worry about what most of the people that are going on about Tabs say.

If he was no good do you think RTB would let him play/train as a key forward for the whole of pre-season especially when he has David Hale's input who knows very well what is is required in that position.

It is obvious to me that Tabs will play CHF with all the work Hale is doing with him so that with better body positioning he will take those marks. Every now again Grif and Hannath get to join in the sessions Hale is doing with Tabs.

On Friday RTB also had Tabs go up against Hannath in ball up situations in one of the drills (but not in match sims).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even if he had a tank like Steve Moneghetti, if he doesn't get a kick and go missing for quarters on end he is useless to the team. Taberner has proved he can do it, but is still yet to find consistency in his game.

I have to say, all these preseason injuries to players we need playing round one to improve is a bit deflating. I'm also thinking we're going to need more than one preseason with the new coaches for their influence to really be felt. Hopefully it comes together after the bye but right now my expectations for improvement on last year are pretty low.
No team will have an injury free list during the H & A season, the better teams have the depth, and can adapt the
game plan to suit.
The eagles are one team that improved their transition from the back half, not by design, Injuries can be managed,
planned for, and I think the hawks do it better than most, and always finish the season in form.
The hawks also have several midfield/halfback permutations, and rotate players consistently, and this is what I think the
new coaches will bring to our side.
I can see huge improvement from last year, especially if we have more players to choose from, and peak at the right
time of the year.

Even if he had a tank like Steve Moneghetti, if he doesn't get a kick and go missing for quarters on end he is useless to the team. Taberner has proved he can do it, but is still yet to find consistency in his game.

He's yet to consistently get a game and was on many occasions made the scapegoat for our poor forward entries last season and was subbed off when he shouldn't have been IMO.

He's yet to consistently get a game and was on many occasions made the scapegoat for our poor forward entries last season and was subbed off when he shouldn't have been IMO.

Maybe on some occasions he was unfairly dealt with, but also remember that there were other occasions that he dropped everything that came near him or was so easily pushed out of a contest that he stopped the team's momentum and hard work.

Tabs was very good today ,held his marks and kicked a bag in the sims. Should make you feel very happy.:D

It should make everyone happy really because at this point he's our only realistic option for a second tall. It's fair to say that him being in good form is extremely important to our finals chances.

No team will have an injury free list during the H & A season, the better teams have the depth, and can adapt the
game plan to suit.
The eagles are one team that improved their transition from the back half, not by design, Injuries can be managed,
planned for, and I think the hawks do it better than most, and always finish the season in form.
The hawks also have several midfield/halfback permutations, and rotate players consistently, and this is what I think the
I can see huge improvement from last year, especially if we have more players to choose from, and peak at the right
time of the year.
This is what doesn't give confidence, though.

game plan to suit.

We don't have the depth in our forward or backlines. Either the players who we recruited to give us depth who have AFL-ready bodies have had compromised preseasons (Bennell, Yarran) or the promising players are injured (A Pearce).

The Eagles had terrific depth in developing talls and I'm not sure what you're using the Hawks to refer to here. In any case, we aren't the Hawks or Eagles so while we can aspire to how they handle injury the reality is that we don't have the depth in our weak areas.

They may do, but Spurr and Ibbo aren't going suddenly turn into rebounding defenders just because Brent Guerra tells them to. Again, I think, it will take a couple of preseasons for their influence to really be felt in players like Suttcliffe and Grey.

I can see huge improvement from last year, especially if we have more players to choose from, and peak at the right time of the year.
I could also see improvement if we had all players training hard in the preseason, but as it is, the players who were brought in to improve us from game one have had compromised ones, other than maybe Collins but he's also unproven.

There are some unknowns, such as how Hughes, Weller, Blakely, Crozier and Tabs improve. But everyone has developing second, third and fourth year players. Maybe this is glass half empty stuff, but unless several players can develop really quickly, I don't see enough improvement in the list to make going into this year feel more promising than how last year ended.

This is what doesn't give confidence, though.

game plan to suit.

We don't have the depth in our forward or backlines. Either the players who we recruited to give us depth who have AFL-ready bodies have had compromised preseasons (Bennell, Yarran) or the promising players are injured (A Pearce).

The Eagles had terrific depth in developing talls and I'm not sure what you're using the Hawks to refer to here. In any case, we aren't the Hawks or Eagles so while we can aspire to how they handle injury the reality is that we don't have the depth in our weak areas.

They may do, but Spurr and Ibbo aren't going suddenly turn into rebounding defenders just because Brent Guerra tells them to. Again, I think, it will take a couple of preseasons for their influence to really be felt in players like Suttcliffe and Grey.

I can see huge improvement from last year, especially if we have more players to choose from, and peak at the right time of the year.
I could also see improvement if we had all players training hard in the preseason, but as it is, the players who were brought in to improve us from game one have had compromised ones, other than maybe Collins but he's also unproven.

There are some unknowns, such as how Hughes, Weller, Blakely, Crozier and Tabs improve. But everyone has developing second, third and fourth year players. Maybe this is glass half empty stuff, but unless several players can develop really quickly, I don't see enough improvement in the list to make going into this year feel more promising than how last year ended.

Last year we finished top of the wozza with 17 wins and we have lost one good player from that list.
There is no reason to believe Fyfe and Bennell won't be available for Rd 1 and still a chance that Shane Yarran will be fit.
In the meantime Alex Pearce is expected to join the main group in training end of January whilst Sam Collins is staking a claim also. It is a bonus as well that Zac Dawson is looking good and is miles ahead of where he was last year.
So, our back line contingent is arguably in better shape than this time last year and we have taken steps to bolster our forward line with real class which should not be ruled out this early.
It must be said our rehab group is being managed cautiously.

Last year we finished top of the wozza with 17 wins and we have lost one good player from that list.
There is no reason to believe Fyfe and Bennell won't be available for Rd 1 and still a chance that Shane Yarran will be fit.
In the meantime Alex Pearce is expected to join the main group in training end of January whilst Sam Collins is staking a claim also. It is a bonus as well that Zac Dawson is looking good and is miles ahead of where he was last year.
So, our back line contingent is arguably in better shape than this time last year and we have taken steps to bolster our forward line with real class which should not be ruled out this early.
It must be said our rehab group is being managed cautiously.
Dawson wasn't playing when we had that great run in the first two months. We've lost McPharlin and his replacement may or may not be back at the end of January. Sam Collins is unproven. I'd also like to think that we're okay down back but in the reality of now it doesn't seem like it. I forgot about Silvagni, though, who I do rate (he just has a knack of getting injured at exactly the worst time – knock on wood). Anyway, I'm tempering my enthusiasm. Just thought everyone should know.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back