Injury 2016 Injury List

Remove this Banner Ad

No.
The rule is he can only be upgraded to main list during two windows : At the completion of the NAB challenge and before RD1 and at the mid-season break.

He cannot be promoted before the NAB or any other time other than above.
Of course that excludes LTI's for which upgrades can be done at anytime.
Are you sure? My understanding is that because we have chosen to have one less on the main list we can promote a player at anytime regardless.

Are you sure? My understanding is that because we have chosen to have one less on the main list we can promote a player at anytime regardless.

Yes. I am sure.
The rookie upgrade rules for 2016 was posted in another thread; not sure who posted it but it was copied straight from the AFL SITE.
ONLY TWO WINDOWS to upgrade where you have a main list of either 38 or 39.
LTI upgrade rule is unchanged.

I have been scouring the threads but can't find it and the AFL website is such a piece of s**t.

Last edited:
Yes. I am sure.
The rookie upgrade rules for 2016 was posted in another thread; not sure who posted it but it was copied straight from the AFL SITE.
ONLY TWO WINDOWS to upgrade where you have a main list of either 38 or 39.
LTI upgrade rule is unchanged.

I have been scouring the threads but can't find it and the AFL website is such a piece of s**t.
There was a cut and paste here recently from AFL Collective Bargaining Agreement Section on how many players can be on each type of list Primary, Rookie, International Rookie etc.

Although this isn't the post I was referring to, I found this info on another forum.

Upgrades

Nominated Rookies

If a club has 39 Players on its Primary List, is eligible to nominate one (1) Rookie Player

or

38 Players on its Primary List, is eligible to nominate two (2) Rookie Players

After the conclusion of the Pre-Season Draft Selection Meeting and before
2.00pm on the Tuesday after the Pre-Season Grand Final

Nominated Rookies – Mid Season

A Club may nominate one Player from its Rookie List as being available
for selection by the Club for Home and Away and Finals Series Matches
at any time after the conclusion of Round 11 before 2.00pm on the
Tuesday after the last round of Home and Away Matches.

Note: This right of a Club to nominate a Rookie Player under this Rule is
subject to the Club demonstrating to the satisfaction of the
Investigations Manager that it can accommodate within its Total Player
Payments Football Payments which must be paid to the Rookie Player

There was a cut and paste here recently from AFL Collective Bargaining Agreement Section on how many players can be on each type of list Primary, Rookie, International Rookie etc.
It's in the Contract Status thread.

Mark Stone said Lachie will be fine, just a knee on knee knock which certainly don't tickle
See my comments on the training discussion thread and also about Mayney and Clancee's head clash.

This is going to sound like footy wank talk but bear with me.

Players like Alex Pearce, and what we saw Lachie Weller do yesterday, are so valueable because they are so laterally creative. Michael Johnson does this too.

It totally takes the opposition players out of the contest when they are running at you and a few sideways steps means he can't turn the ship to interact with you anymore.

It creates space and turns even contests into fifty fifties for us.

Very exciting times.

The wife just saw the boys at their usual haunt on south tce having breakfast. She said one of the young kids was on crutches. She didnt recognize him so hopefully it's not a player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Players like Alex Pearce, and what we saw Lachie Weller do yesterday, are so valueable because they are so laterally creative. Michael Johnson does this too.

It totally takes the opposition players out of the contest when they are running at you and a few sideways steps means he can't turn the ship to interact with you anymore.

Very exciting times.
You sound like Dermott Brereton there :p

Very exciting times.
I particularly like this speak.

The wife just saw the boys at their usual haunt on south tce having breakfast. She said one of the young kids was on crutches. She didnt recognize him so hopefully it's not a player.
What's their usual haunt ?

Hope Tucker takes all the time he needs to make sure that knee of his isn't going to be an ongoing problem throughout his career. Even after his first NAB game I think we can all agree he has the potential to be a very consistent rebound defender.

Mark Duffield ‏@MarkDuffield1 2m2 minutes ago
Good news for Freo youngster Darcy Tucker. No ligament damage and shld play in the club's NAB Round three match against Geelong.
I love you!!

Great news :) now he can get back to Perth, train hard play hard & win the rising star!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back