Last edited:
We don't have one of these threads so here it is for 2016

Injury Update March 15

Injured Players
Player | Injury | Since | Expected Length | Expected Return
\Curtly Hampton|Foot Soreness|1st SANFL Trial|Unknown|Beyond R1

Returning From Injury
Player | Injury | Time Out
\Mitch Grigg|Corked Thigh|Since 2nd SANFL Trial (1 week)
\Charlie Cameron|Knee|All NAB Matches
\Riley Knight|Sprained Ankle|All NAB Matches
\Tom Doedee|Unknown|All NAB Matches
\Andy Otten|Knee|All NAB Matches + Part of Pre-Season
\Ricky Henderson|Back|All NAB Matches + Part of Pre-Season
I'll take that injury list heading into rd 1.

We don't have one of these threads so here it is for 2016

Injury Update March 15

Injured Players
Player | Injury | Since | Expected Length | Expected Return
\Curtly Hampton|Foot Soreness|1st SANFL Trial|Unknown|Beyond R1

Returning From Injury
Player | Injury | Time Out
\Mitch Grigg|Corked Thigh|Since 2nd SANFL Trial (1 week)
\Charlie Cameron|Knee|All NAB Matches
\Riley Knight|Sprained Ankle|All NAB Matches
\Tom Doedee|Unknown|All NAB Matches
\Andy Otten|Knee|All NAB Matches + Part of Pre-Season
\Ricky Henderson|Back|All NAB Matches + Part of Pre-Season

Ha I was thinking we should have one of these threads only a few hours ago.

Will be good to have it all in the one thread.

Charlie Cameron Knee Test
Tom Doedee Knee Test
Mitch Grigg Thigh Available
Curtly Hampton Foot TBC
Ricky Henderson Back Test
Riley Knight Ankle Test
Andy Otten Knee Test

Great shape heading into round one. We'll need to be in great shape to come out looking okay after the first 8 rounds.

It shows a lot about our depth as well.
4 of those guys us supporters would consider being in the best 22 when fit and firing.
Cameron, Hampton, Henderson and Knight yet when you look at our squad heading into round 1, you could leave all 4 of these guys out and still be confident we'd get the job done against the Roos

Was asked in another thread, but this one more targeted. Does anyone know what Doedee brought across with him or what he did here. Is it an injury or just a very slow build up.

Hampton is disappointing, worked back nicely from his surgery and now the dreaded word "foot" plus the abhorrent "Unknown" (or TBC) next to his name.

Hampton out for 6-8 weeks

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2016-03-18/hampton-hobbled-by-injury

"Crows defender Curtly Hampton will be sidelined for 6-8 weeks after suffering a stress reaction in his foot.

Hampton was a late withdrawal from Saturday’s SANFL trial match after pulling up sore from training last week.

Crows General Manager of High Performance Brett Burton said further assessment revealed a stress reaction.

“It’s disappointing for both Curtly and the Club but fortunately it has been picked up early,” Burton said.

“Curtly will not require surgery but will wear a moon boot for the next couple of weeks as he begins his rehabilitation.”"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems to be a lot of AFL players players coming up with this type of problem with the increased workloads being par for course nowadays......do we need to start looking at the training and playing footwear....perhaps some research is required in this field with an emphasis on shock absorption buffers etc in the footwear??

Picked it Monday. Shame for the bloke, but its the long game with Curtly

Had a shoulder issue in '14 that knocked out a good chunk of time, but apart from the occasional usual footy type injuries nothing with his foot.
Thanks. I don't have stats but foot injuries seem to be more prevalent and require lengthy lay off.:( Hope he gets it right.

I googled it

"Acute stress reaction (also called acute stress disorder, psychological shock, mental shock, or simply shock) is a psychological condition arising in response to a terrifying or traumatic event, or witnessing a traumatic event."

Sounds like his foot has seen some s**t.

I googled it

"Acute stress reaction (also called acute stress disorder, psychological shock, mental shock, or simply shock) is a psychological condition arising in response to a terrifying or traumatic event, or witnessing a traumatic event."

Sounds like his foot has seen some s**t.
Poor foot! My old man had the same s**t following his tour of 'Nam (true story)!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back