2016 Ladder Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

With Jarryd Roughead being out for 5 Months, here is my Fresh Top 8 Ladder Predictions:

1. Sydney (R-U)
2. Fremantle (P)
3. Hawthorn
4. West Coast
5. Port Adelaide
6. Western Bulldogs
7. North Melbourne
8. Collingwood

Freo Premiers?

Ross Lyon getting sacked after Round 22?

Changed your tune...

Was what I said wrong?

On his exposed form we hadn't lost much, but he'd still have been an improvement on jarrad grant in his position.

As it were I still believe he was part of the problem at the dogs. Touch of the Brendon Goddards. Change of scenery did him good. Woke him up a bit

Was what I said wrong?

On his exposed form we hadn't lost much, but he'd still have been an improvement on jarrad grant in his position.

As it were I still believe he was part of the problem at the dogs. Touch of the Brendon Goddards. Change of scenery did him good. Woke him up a bit

You mean change of pre-season management and positioned in the forward half of the ground. Higgins has now had back2back pre-seasons....it's no coincidence. North knew exactly what it was getting.

It's interesting......not long ago you described him as a glorified VFL Footballer. Now your saying his a loss to the doggies.

You mean change of pre-season management and positioned in the forward half of the ground. Higgins has now had back2back pre-seasons....it's no coincidence. North knew exactly what it was getting.

It's interesting......not long ago you described him as a glorified VFL Footballer. Now your saying his a loss to the doggies.

2016 Higgins was a loss. Post 2009 wasn't.

Keep celebrating Higgins as an "up yours" to the dogs. Look how much better we were without him

Keep celebrating Higgins as an "up yours" to the dogs. Look how much better we were without him
It's not celebrating.....some of you doggies posters got this blatantly wrong. People have gotta be kept in check sometimes.

That's all.

Indeed

Senior List
Feb 3, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
1. Eagles (Strong home-ground advantage)
2. Dockers (Strong home-ground advantage)
3. Hawks (Might drop a game or two)
4. Tigers (Still a way of competing)
5. Giants (They have to come good soon)
6. Swans (A touch off the teams above but too good for those below)
7. Crows (Underated list imo)
8. Pies (Same as above)
9. Cats (Gelling problems)
10. Roos (Hope I am wrong)
11. Dogs (Might be worked out)
12. Power (They haven't filled the holes of last season)
big drop
13. Demons
14. Saints
15. Suns
16. Lions
17. Blues
18. Bombers

It's not celebrating.....some of you doggies posters got this blatantly wrong. People have gotta be kept in check sometimes.

That's all.

Higgins played well in 2015, if he backs it up most will move on.

Again, he was part of a problem at the dogs, not the solution. Good on him for turning it around

Jun 29, 2014
The Pub
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
AFL ASIA Myanmar Fighting utensils
Thinking West Coast will finish top if they can keep their best team on the park

Im of the same opinion currently, getting their 2 best KPB's in "should" make them even harder to beat, but i also won't be surprised if their setup doesn't work as well with them back in. I know that sounds stupid but they were forced to develop a game plan that didn't require them and it worked almost perfectly.

My ladder actually has them games clear on top at the end of h&a, but predictions don't count for much at this stage of the year

perplexed

Premiership Player
Nov 25, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
With all this talk about Brad Crouch being some sort of replacement for Dangerfield, I think I should find out who he is........................oh that guy....
No, he isn't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hipster Doofus

Bigfooty's Neighbour
Feb 14, 2011
Apartment 5B
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Sacramento Kings
This thread always delivers.
Seen just about every supporter get their club as high as 6th, and nobody really thinks that their club could possibly slip even just a few positions down the ladder it's hilarious.
That's why we love the footy, highs and lows guaranteed every season.

PAFC_1870

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 21, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
With all this talk about Brad Crouch being some sort of replacement for Dangerfield, I think I should find out who he is........................oh that guy....
No, he isn't.
Yeah they'll believe anything.

He's a good player, but * let him play a season out first. He'll cop all the attention too.

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)

LOL! Yeah, he was the one holding the Dogs back.
First year out of the kennel and bang! AA squad.

Look how much better he was without you.

Bulldog Joe

Premiership Player
May 23, 2008
Tasmania
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
LOL! Yeah, he was the one holding the Dogs back.
First year out of the kennel and bang! AA squad.

Look how much better he was without you.
Classic win/win
Higgins was better at North.
North was better with Higgins
Bulldogs were better without Higgins and picked up a good long term prospect with the draft compensation.

gangsta deluxe

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 14, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Rajasthan Royals!!!
This whole Higgins discussion is becoming circular.

The simple fact is that we will never know if he would have turned it around (like Boyd did) and fulfilled his potential with the Dogs as he has at North.

He never fulfilled his potential at the dogs because of a range of factors, some of which we know (I.e. Injury) and others we don't know (I.e. Macca). It isn't a win win, it's a win for North and a complete unknown for us. Remaining in our group - as one of the older players in a young group - may well have been the problem, one he doesn't have at North. Who knows though.

Melksham2Siposs

All Australian
Sep 10, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
People having Richmond in the top 4 are living in la-la land.

Pies, Port & GWS should all be better.

Richmond are wounded and are all huff and puff.

Hopefully only one of, if any, Richmond or North make the finals. Fair credit to North though, they had a GF birth on their finger tips, but were one rolls-royce off really putting the foot on WCE throat when it mattered. This year, I reckon they'll be two shy of really shaking a jet team in September.

Very interesting year for both clubs.

I'm not a Richmond hater, it would be great for the comp if they made a GF.

In all honesty though, I'd prefer Hawks won yet again if no other club steps up to the plate big time in September (actually, 4 flags in a row is slightly ridiculous). Don't want to see WC near the GF after last year (unless it's a Derby). Sydney either. Time for Port to give it a shake.

Hipster Doofus

Bigfooty's Neighbour
Feb 14, 2011
Apartment 5B
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Sacramento Kings
People having Richmond in the top 4 are living in la-la land.

Pies, Port & GWS should all be better.

Richmond are wounded and are all huff and puff.

Hopefully only one of, if any, Richmond or North make the finals. Fair credit to North though, they had a GF birth on their finger tips, but were one rolls-royce off really putting the foot on WCE throat when it mattered. This year, I reckon they'll be two shy of really shaking a jet team in September.

Very interesting year for both clubs.

I'm not a Richmond hater, it would be great for the comp if they made a GF.

In all honesty though, I'd prefer Hawks won yet again if no other club steps up to the plate big time in September (actually, 4 flags in a row is slightly ridiculous). Don't want to see WC near the GF after last year (unless it's a Derby). Sydney either. Time for Port to give it a shake.
Man concrete argument there, I completely forgot how we're basically rooted from the beginning because of how "wounded" we are.

I'm not even sure what your argument is, and I don't think Richmond will make top 4 either btw.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back