2016 Ladder Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon best 22 for mine, right now, assuming both Melksham and Carlisle go and they land Leuenberger:
B: Baguley Hooker Gleeson
HB: Gwilt Hurley Hibberd
C: Colyer Watson Zaharakis
HF: Goddard Langford Stanton
F: Zerrett Daniher Bellchambers
R: Leuenberger Heppell Myers
Int: Jerrett Hocking Howlett Laverde

On the cusp: Cooney, Ashby, Browne, Pears, Giles/McKernan, Dempsey.

The forward line is trash and is impossibly difficult to put together. The midfield can stand up if they all manage to stay fit somehow. The backline looks great but is useless if it gets pinged in there ~80 times a game.

Essendon may luck out and manage to solve some issues. But there's a reason why they finished 15th.

Mckernan is in the best 22, his end of seaon form was really good, Mckenna and Edwards into the forward line who are youngsters who will come on more next season, no doubt the forward line needs a big shake up, there aren't "many rubbish players" there though like you suggested.

1. Carlton (undefeated)
2. Hawthorn
3. Essendon
4. Collingwood
5. Western Bulldogs
6. Gold Coast
7. Melbourne
8. West Coast

9. Richmond
10. West Coast
11. Fremantle
12. Adelaide
13. GWS
14. Geelong
15. Brisbane
16. Port Adelaide
17. North Melbourne
18. St. Kilda

GF - Carlton 55.16. 346 vs Hawthorn 2.5. 17
Brownlow Medal - Patrick Cripps (59 votes)
Norm Smith Medal - Patrick Cripps (63 possessions and 7 goals)
Coleman Medal - Levi Casboult (154 goals)
Rising Star - Jacob Weitering

Last edited:
Essendon best 22 for mine, right now, assuming both Melksham and Carlisle go and they land Leuenberger:
B: Baguley Hooker Gleeson
HB: Gwilt Hurley Hibberd
C: Colyer Watson Zaharakis
HF: Goddard Langford Stanton
F: Zerrett Daniher Bellchambers
R: Leuenberger Heppell Myers
Int: Jerrett Hocking Howlett Laverde

On the cusp: Cooney, Ashby, Browne, Pears, Giles/McKernan, Dempsey.

The forward line is trash and is impossibly difficult to put together. The midfield can stand up if they all manage to stay fit somehow. The backline looks great but is useless if it gets pinged in there ~80 times a game.

Essendon may luck out and manage to solve some issues. But there's a reason why they finished 15th.

This would be more the team

Baguley Hooker Gwilt
Gleeson Hurley Hibberd
Colyer Watson Goddard
Laverde Mckernan Z Merrett
Mckenna Daniher Zaharakis
Luenberger/Bellchambers Heppell Hocking
Myers Stanton Langford Edwards

You finished top 6 so will get a hard fixture, and also lose Dangerfield.

Dangerfield will be a trade deal not a straight out loss. Hopefully next year the Crows will regain the services of Brad Crouch, Jaensch and Otten from long term injuries. One could argue overall there are more positives than negatives regarding list changes.

Dangerfield will be a trade deal not a straight out loss. Hopefully next year the Crows will regain the services of Brad Crouch, Jaensch and Otten from long term injuries. One could argue overall there are more positives than negatives regarding list changes.

Long term what you get for Danger could well be a good return, but as far as next season goes it will be a massive loss with what you would think be substantial ramifications for where you finish on the ladder.

As an aside seeing how people rate Melbourne will be very intriguing given we ended up with 7 wins.

This would be more the team

Baguley Hooker Gwilt
Gleeson Hurley Hibberd
Colyer Watson Goddard
Laverde Mckernan Z Merrett
Mckenna Daniher Zaharakis
Luenberger/Bellchambers Heppell Hocking
Myers Stanton Langford Edwards
Doubt Woosha goes without Howlett when he said 'finals in 2016' during his presser.
McKenna would have to be upgraded.

Doubt Woosha goes without Howlett when he said 'finals in 2016' during his presser.
McKenna would have to be upgraded.

There is usually a spot open up for rookies. What he was able to produce in the space of 10 months was huge, going from not knowing a thing about the game to gathering 18 disposals and 4 shots at goal on the MCG against Collingwood was amazing, another pre season and learning of the game in the next 6 month and he will be a lot better next year.

lol, good old ladder predictions. It seems that Collingwood will finish somewhere between 4th and 16th. At the risk of sounding sarcastic, it really does amaze me to see the varying opinions on us. Personally, I'd narrow it down to somewhere between 7-11.

Fremantle
Richmond
Hawthorn
Bulldogs
West Coast
Port
Geelong
Sydney

Giants
Adelaide
North
Essendon
Gold Coast
Collingwood
Saints
Carlton
Brisbane
Melbourne

lol, good old ladder predictions. It seems that Collingwood will finish somewhere between 4th and 16th. At the risk of sounding sarcastic, it really does amaze me to see the varying opinions on us. Personally, I'd narrow it down to somewhere between 7-11.
Id be tempted to place them around that mark aswell. Around 6-10. Buckley might get nervous if he has another year like the last 2. Just gotta keep the list healthy and on the park. Good chance of making the 8.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Id be tempted to place them around that mark aswell. Around 6-10. Buckley might get nervous if he has another year like the last 2. Just gotta keep the list healthy and on the park. Good chance of making the 8.
Yeah, have to agree there. I love Bucks, but every club has their breaking point with a senior coach. Although I think he's taken us backwards in order to go forward, people get impatient so he'd be hoping things click next year. 2016 will decide his fate.

Long term what you get for Danger could well be a good return, but as far as next season goes it will be a massive loss with what you would think be substantial ramifications for where you finish on the ladder.

Firstly a trade does not necessarily involve draft picks only, it could also involve a ready-made player coming to the Crows to play next year. Secondly a large amount of what will be lost through Dangerfield's departure from this years performance of the Crows will potentially be balanced by what is gained next year from Brad Crouch's contributions. For these reasons I think the terms "massive loss" and "substantial ramifications" could prove to be a hefty over-estimate of the overall impact of Dangerfield's departure.

Firstly a trade does not necessarily involve draft picks only, it could also involve a ready-made player coming to the Crows to play next year. Secondly a large amount of what will be lost through Dangerfield's departure from this years performance of the Crows will potentially be balanced by what is gained next year from Brad Crouch's contributions. For these reasons I think the terms "massive loss" and "substantial ramifications" could prove to be a hefty over-estimate of the overall impact of Dangerfield's departure.

Who do you think you will get from Geelong as part of a trade? You are putting a massive amount of hope into a young fella who has managed just 25 matches in 3 years and missed the whole of last season, foot stress fractures are not something you easily recover from either.

I think when I did this last year I had Bulldogs and west coast as the bottom 2 teams and Brisbane to make the top 4.

Anyway.

1. Adelaide
2. Fremantle
3. Hawthorn
4. Richmond
5. Port Adelaide
6. West Coast
7. Bulldogs
8. Sydney

9. North Melbourne
10 Melbourne
11. GWS
12. Geelong
13. Gold Coast
14. Essendon
15. Collingwood
16. St kilda
17. Carlton
18. Brisbane
You beauty finals here we come :D

Fremantle
Richmond
Hawthorn
Bulldogs
West Coast
Port
Geelong
Sydney

Giants
Adelaide
North
Essendon
Gold Coast
Collingwood
Saints
Carlton
Brisbane
Melbourne
What the?

Just out of interest, who are the "many rubbish players" in Essendons best 22?
All your rucks are rubbish, you have 1 forward and he still is a kid that has trouble with his kicking. Melksham finished in the top 10 of your best and fairest. If you don't get outside pace and midfield depth your good backline is just like the little boy with his finger in the dam.

You are putting a massive amount of hope into a young fella who has managed just 25 matches in 3 years and missed the whole of last season, foot stress fractures are not something you easily recover from either.

I am talking primarily about the quality of player. Brad Crouch is quality. Note also that I did say "potentially" regarding his possible contributions next year. It seems to me in tipping a significant slide for the Crows you are putting a massive amount of hope into the continuation of misfortune for a quality young Crows player.

As an aside seeing how people rate Melbourne will be very intriguing given we ended up with 7 wins.

Many/most have Melbourne performing worse next year than this. Good luck with that.

Tyson played with a bung knee this year; Max Gawn only played the second half; vandenBerg missed heaps; Salem missed heaps; Kent missed most of the year; Frost missed the year; Petracca missed the year; and Hogan, Viney, Brayshaw, Harmes, Stretch, etc. will only get better. Hogan will be a star next year.

Yeah, good luck with that.

1. Hawthorn 19-3
2. West Coast 18-4
3. Sydney 16-6
4. Geelong 16-6
5. Fremantle 15-7
6. North Melbourne 15-7
7. Richmond 14-8
8. Collingwood 13-9

9. GWS Giants 12-10
10. Western Bulldogs 12-10
11. Port Adelaide 11-10-1
12. Adelaide 10-12
13. Melbourne 9-12-1
14. Gold Coast Suns 9-13
15. Essendon 8-14
16. St Kilda 7-15
17. Carlton 6-16
18. Brisbane Lions 4-18

Liked for outlandishly including W-L. And predicting a specific draw.

images

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back