2016 Ladder Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Amazes me how many think the Dogs will drop down a number of spots. Next year, we enter the season with Libba (2014's #1 clearance player in the league), a third year KPF in Boyd (history says by the third yr, they start to have some breakout games), Possibly Suckling (A damaging left foot HB/Wing who is a 2x premiership player) and natural progression of the third youngest squad in the league. Yes we will have a harder fixture but i think that balances out the additions we will get. I have us around 6th or 7th. Also, keep in mind that what we achieved this year was done after Beveridge was at the club for less than 6 months. I suspect he has alot more knowledge and plans to impart on the team which he will be able to do with the extra time he'll have this preseason.

Inb4 He's a dogs fan blah blah bias blah blah. Yes i am but i think my evidence backs it up.
Everyone had port in the top 8 last year. Most top 4.

Tougher draw - down year and you could slide.

1. West Coast- Plenty to build on.
2. Port Adelaide- A team that actually plays good footy.
3. Sydney
4. Fremantle
5. Adelaide- Highly underrated. Great team.
6. GWS-
7. Geelong- Dangerfield.
8. Collingwood

9. North Melbourne- Back to irrelevancy.
10. Western Bulldogs- Developing year,
11. Richmond- Dimma's last chance. Classic Richmond fail.
12. Gold Coast
13. Hawthorn Have no idea why people rate the Hawks so high. Will like to see the face of those arrogant pricks that they call Hawthorn supporters
14. St Kilda- Will challenge for a finals spot after 2016.
15. Melbourne
16. Essendon
17. Brisbane- Pricks.
18. Carlton
Brisbane - Pricks .....from a Collingwood supporter ..... Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Brisbane - Pricks .....from a Collingwood supporter ..... Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
The Beams trade last year was a perfec example of Brisbane being pricks.

1. Port
2. Hawthorn
3. Fremantle
4. Gold Coast
5. West Coast
6. Geelong
7. Melbourne
8. Sydney

9. GWS
10. Richmond
11. Bulldogs
12. Adelaide
13. North
14. Brisbane
15. Collingwood
16. Carlton
17. St Kilda
18. Essendon

Port will do a Geelong 07, think they can recapture the devastating form they showed at times last year.
Hawks won't be as dominant (e.g. weekly 10 goal wins) but can't see them dropping away yet, too deep even if Hodge/Mitchell/Lewis decline.
Suns will rise with fewer injuries, Dees to be 2016's Bulldogs - good young top end and Roos has taken them from 2 wins to 7 in just two years.
Richmond mentally scarred, North ageing, Crows midfield will be exposed without Dangerfield
Buckley will be gone mid-season, Worsfold alone won't save Essendon - some of their fans in this thread are seriously delusional tipping top 8 finishes

Some of these predictions are seriously boring. The ladder rarely stays the same from year to year and several surprises always await, whilst some sides collapse for various reasons. 2016 will be no different.
It's so mad I like it. Agree Port heading upwards

Essendon
Carlton
Melbourne
Brisbane
Gold Coast
St. Kilda
Collingwood
Gws
Adelaide
Port
North
Geelong
Sydney
Richmond
Dogs
Hawks
Freo
Wc

Easier to work from the bottom first.

One good game doesn't make a season mate. If it was at Adelaide Oval, the Lions would have got got smashed. Port played their worst game of the year and Brisbane played their best and in a competition like the AFL, anyone can beat anyone when that happens. In the end your club finished 17th so you have no legs to stand on.
No legs ... And barely any players given injury list.

1. West Coast
2. Hawthorn
3. Port Adelaide
4. Richmond
5. Sydney
6. Western Bulldogs
7. Fremantle
8. Adelaide

9. GWS
10. Collingwood
11. North Melbourne
12. Geelong
13. Gold Coast
14. St Kilda
15. Brisbane
16. Essendon
17. Melbourne
18. Carlton

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amazes me how many think the Dogs will drop down a number of spots. Next year, we enter the season with Libba (2014's #1 clearance player in the league), a third year KPF in Boyd (history says by the third yr, they start to have some breakout games), Possibly Suckling (A damaging left foot HB/Wing who is a 2x premiership player) and natural progression of the third youngest squad in the league. Yes we will have a harder fixture but i think that balances out the additions we will get. I have us around 6th or 7th. Also, keep in mind that what we achieved this year was done after Beveridge was at the club for less than 6 months. I suspect he has alot more knowledge and plans to impart on the team which he will be able to do with the extra time he'll have this preseason.

Inb4 He's a dogs fan blah blah bias blah blah. Yes i am but i think my evidence backs it up.
Evidence to back up your predictions?

If we land bennell, McCarthy, a spud like black and pav plays as the 3rd tall, we will make the 4.

No McCarthy or pav, we might miss the 8

1. West Coast
2. Hawthorn
3. Bulldogs
4. Richmond
5. Freo
6. Port
7. North
8. Geelong

9. St.Kilda
10. Adelaide
11. Collingwood
12. GWS
14. Sydney
14. Gold Coast
15. Brisbane
16. Essendon
17. Melbourne
18. Carlton

movers - St Kilda
on the decline - Sydney

I will wait until the trade period is done, but it is interesting that Fyfe and a few other Freo players spent the GF planning what they need to do to win next year, and Sam Mitchell at the B & F said he had asked the fitness guys for permission to start running again this week.

So some players may enjoy a relaxing holiday, while others are already switched on for 2016.

1. Hawthorn
2. West Coast
3. Fremantle
4. Western Bulldogs
5. North Melbourne
6. Richmond
7. Geelong
8. Sydney

9. Adelaide
10. Collingwood
11. Port Adelaide
12. GWS
13. Gold Coast
14. St Kilda
15. Carlton
16. Melbourne
17. Essendon
18. Brisbane

I will wait until the trade period is done, but it is interesting that Fyfe and a few other Freo players spent the GF planning what they need to do to win next year, and Sam Mitchell at the B & F said he had asked the fitness guys for permission to start running again this week.

So some players may enjoy a relaxing holiday, while others are already switched on for 2016.
Mitchell will need all the help he can get at he age.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back