Hot Topic 2016 Leadership Group - Murphy retains Captaincy

Which 5 players will form our Leadership Group?

• Total voters
Let's just run up a poll and ask for who you would like to see included in our leadership group. Please click 5 names, even if that may not ultimately be the way we go.

Last year we had Murphy Gibbs Henderson Jamison & Rowe.
That's at least one we have to replace but chances are, there may be another or maybe even two more changes.

Which 5 players would you like to see involved and why?
We'll find out soon enough but just for now...................

Kreuuuzeurns

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Murphy as skipper,
Jamo and Simpson as the old stable heads with experience,
Touhy because of the way he played throughout last year and really become a key figure,
Docherty to ease him into any future roles we have for him.

From that list the only problems would be a lack of leadership in the front half of the ground. But it'd be a good group of hard workers to set and example. We are building from the backline anyway.

Not a fan of having Gibbs in the group, think we need to focus on getting his best footy out of him first. Buckley and Crippa I rate but still a bit to early for my liking.

Kerridge may also be one to stand up after his start to pre-season.

Happy for Murph, Gibbs, Jamo, Simmo, Daisy to still hold roles BUT in the interest of a fresh start voted for:

Docherty - C
Buckley
Tuohy
Cripps
Kreuzer

All show leadership on the field, all encourage others, all lead by example, this is a new generation throughout the club.

Doc speaks very well. He's an impressive and articulate young man. I'd be thrilled for him to speak on behalf of the CFC.

Dec 7, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
Murphy (C) - Leads by example on the field, also one the more experienced players in the side
Simpson - Courage, determination and grit, Simpson can lift the entire team with single play (Wouldn't mind him being selected as captain for 1 or 2 years)
Gibbs - Well spoken and is the player you want with the ball in clutch situations
Jamison - A leader, simple as that. Directs plays on the field as well as supporting the younger players and is very well spoken
Thomas - Anyone who's seen the way he trains would know why Thomas is a logical choice for the leadership group. confident, a mentor, good communicator, an extrovert.

Sep 5, 2013
Chirnside Park
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Murphy (C) - Leads by example on the field, also one the more experienced players in the side
Simpson - Courage, determination and grit, Simpson can lift the entire team with single play (Wouldn't mind him being selected as captain for 1 or 2 years)
Gibbs - Well spoken and is the player you want with the ball in clutch situations
Jamison - A leader, simple as that. Directs plays on the field as well as supporting the younger players and is very well spoken
Thomas - Anyone who's seen the way he trains would know why Thomas is a logical choice for the leadership group. confident, a mentor, good communicator, an extrovert.
I know Thomas is leading the way at training, but I guess as a passionate Blues Fan I'd be just pumped if he could pull out a great year of footy for us and lead the way without being in the leadership group

Kramer1

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton
I'd suggest a radical model whereby we elect two leaders...one primary and one slightly secondary...and place a certain expectation on the balance of the group that they embrace the responsibility of representing such an august jumper.

Captain: Marc Murphy
Vice Captain: Bryce Gibbs
Deputies: Zach Tuohy, Matthew Kreuzer, Patrick Cripps

Jamison, Simpson, Thomas et al will be counted upon to provide veteran leadership but wont have to be in the actual leadership group to do so.

I'd love to see Doc in this group too. A natural young leader.

Back