Analysis 2016 List Management Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 2, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
I dont think we will be going down the path of high profile recruit anytime soon. The club has shown a desire to build through the draft and that suits me just fine. I think spending 500k plus on a player goes against what the club is about right now.

Leakers are fine.

But they deserve to be called out when they get things spectacularly wrong like the Boyd To Carlton done deal. Or this year's wishful thinking, was ne'er gonna happen, over Adam Tomlinson.

You are just so wrong Azul

Both of things were a lot closer than you think.................like a lot closer.

I dont think we will be going down the path of high profile recruit anytime soon. The club has shown a desire to build through the draft and that suits me just fine. I think spending 500k plus on a player goes against what the club is about right now.

Happy to be corrected but had heard from a good source that we were willing to pay a little more than that for WHE, mid last year, before he signed on.

I understand that SOS needs a KPF and if the right one shows up, we'll be paying more than 500K without blinking.

May 2, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Happy to be corrected but had heard from a good source that we were willing to pay a little more than that for WHE, mid last year, before he signed on.

I understand that SOS needs a KPF and if the right one shows up, we'll be paying more than 500K without blinking.

Id like to see us build through the draft for a couple of years, stockpile room in the cap and then make a play for a gun or two when we are ready to contend. Cant really think of a key forward of that quality on the radar that might be gettable Harks.

HalAlaric

All Australian
Aug 19, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Why ward? Isn't he kinda old for what we are trying to do? They have a few young mids out of contract that you could add
He's only 25. Yes I would prefer Shiel but that's never going to happen.

Ward is a terrific leader and player. With the likely retirement of a few of our older players at years end I would love to have him on board. + Tomlinson and one of their 1st picks and I would say we won another trade period without sacrificing too much

Really really sorry Harks, serious question, who is WHE?

For Christ sake, Coach, can you quit apologizing to everyone? You sound like a teenager in a brothel.
Thy, I've been traumatised by my BF ban after my first post, I've made a conscious decision to be as polite, respectful and even apologetic as it takes to not be banned again... But I do apologise if it annoys you...

Plus, it's in my nature, I'm big on manners. It would be like me asking you to stop being so mean to everyone...

Really really sorry Harks, serious question, who is WHE?

Will Hoskin-Elliot. The numbers I heard and from someone who has a chance of knowing, were ridiculous.
We do have to remember though, that people lie..........so it may not have been right...........or at least it just felt wrong.

SOS does want a strong forward though.........and not a Henderson type and if he makes the situation present............500K++

Thy, I've been traumatised by my BF ban after my first post, I've made a conscious decision to be as polite, respectful and even apologetic as it takes to not be banned again... But I do apologise if it annoys you...

Plus, it's in my nature, I'm big on manners. It would be like me asking you to stop being so mean to everyone...

Manners are terrific but if one can't say what they want to say, given considered thought..............what's the point?

Just ask and you shall receive :)

KnobHead

Club Legend
Jul 5, 2011
Ayahuasca Island
AFL Club
Carlton
Well that's what my friend (who does have serious contacts inside the club) told me last Friday. Its speculation based on what I consider to be very reliable intel.

I don't think we'll bring in any big names via the trade period to be honest, and that's fine, we shouldn't be going around trying to lure a big fish so early in our rebuild.

ok dvb - who is your avatar?

KnobHead

Club Legend
Jul 5, 2011
Ayahuasca Island
AFL Club
Carlton
Leakers are fine.

But they deserve to be called out when they get things spectacularly wrong like the Boyd To Carlton done deal. Or this year's wishful thinking, was ne'er gonna happen, over Adam Tomlinson.

yeah, but if you call them out they'll probably stop leaking.

I like the leaks.

and there's a difference between saying we're talking to a player & actually getting that player.

MrsCoach16

Debutant
Jan 6, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
For Christ sake, Coach, can you quit apologizing to everyone? You sound like a teenager in a brothel.
thylacine60, no! It's such a pleasant change from his normal football demeanour. His own team or the Blues, when he's in footy mode, he's a bit of an a-hole. I've seen him give his guys a half time spray that brought a grown man to tears.
Please, let me enjoy this "gentle" side of him, at least on here.
And he better not be in any "brothel", he'll be ******* sorry then!

thylacine60, no! It's such a pleasant change from his normal football demeanour. His own team or the Blues, when he's in footy mode, he's a bit of an a-hole. I've seen him give his guys a half time spray that brought a grown man to tears.
It was only a matter of time!...

How many times do I have to tell you? He didn't cry, his lip was quivering a little. Had a big second half though....

AND, I'm sitting right next to you!

Feb 6, 2013
Locker #5
AFL Club
Carlton
You're baaaaaaack s:

Welcome back, Mrs C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back