2016 membership tally

Remove this Banner Ad

It's OK but it will need to pick up a lot if we want to crack 40,000, because it usually trails off after about mid-May.
It's only 7 weeks until the new season starts - 440 a week will only get us a tick over 3000 by then (making about 27,700).

The best way to look at it is we are 7 weeks ahead of last year. We had about this number of members (26000) when 2015 Rd 1 was played.
Yep, but atm there isn't much to get excited about. The die-hards have already renewed and the casuals will wait til games start to see if they wanna jump on board. Kinda in no mans land until season starts.

I wouldn't worry about other clubs, we are ahead again this year and we will be winning games. Our numbers will keep rising.

Same thing last year and ended up ahead by the end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would like to know what the social club upgrade numbers are.....should be a nice little bonus for the club this year.

I have one.

This is from the website:

Each membership comes with 2016 member pack with:
  • Exclusive 2016 member scarf
  • Lanyard
  • Membership card
  • 2016 season fixture magnet
  • Members sticker set
  • 10% member discount on select merchandise at the Bulldogs Shop
  • The Bulldog Magazine (one per household)

I got my girlfriend a 3-game membership and saw that the package included all that, which sounded like a great deal to me. It came in the mail this week and she said that she only received the membership card, nothing else. Is that the same as anyone else?

Is it one of those deals where you go to the membership tent at the first game of the season to get all of your stuff? I even called the club before I bought the membership to confirm that 3-game members get the pack with the scarf etc., so I'd be a bit disappointed if she doesn't get more of a showbag than just the membership card (don't think she even got a lanyard).

I got my girlfriend a 3-game membership and saw that the package included all that, which sounded like a great deal to me. It came in the mail this week and she said that she only received the membership card, nothing else. Is that the same as anyone else?

Is it one of those deals where you go to the membership tent at the first game of the season to get all of your stuff? I even called the club before I bought the membership to confirm that 3-game members get the pack with the scarf etc., so I'd be a bit disappointed if she doesn't get more of a showbag than just the membership card (don't think she even got a lanyard).
I think they sometimes send out the card seperately to make sure you have it before round 1/nab cup. If you called the club and they said it definitely comes with the full pack then yeah I'd say its just being delivered seperately.

Can we have a graph on how we are doing compared to other years?
Can't supply a graph, but can tell you that we are 3,500 ahead of our previous best figure on the same date in February (2011).
Here's Tommycash 's graph - no doubt he'll update it soon. Another way to look at it is that it took us until 4 April last year to reach the approximate level we are at now.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2016-membership-tally.1113652/page-10#post-42747777

So far so good, even if we are still last on the membership ladder among Vic clubs.

What we don't know is whether we'll get the membership "kickers" that we got after the start of the season last year due to improved onfield performance, Brian Perrin's incredible generosity, the general "pay-it-forward" campaign and the perennial PG patronage.

Has anyone heard much about the pay it forward campaign this year? There doesn't seem to be much tub thumping going on.

Love the idea of a 35k crowd for Round 1 vs Freo. Big, biased and noisy ... just like when we have to travel over there.

Don't get me wrong here, as we need members dseperately to be able to compete and survive with the powerhouses and become self sufficient, however it absolutely shits me to see people posting in places like the Facebook group seeking congratulations and praise for becoming a member after not being one for a number of years or even being one and now jumping on the perceived glory days. Every club has their bandwagonners (Geelong was a great example last year) and I know people have valid reasons for not being members (financial etc) but I really hope the club makes extra effort to recognise those who have stuck fat through all the ups and downs.
While I personally don't require reward for my loyalty, seeing these FB posts reminds me of a time when the club gave a signed framed jumper to someone in Around May for becoming our 30000th member or something like that. I would love to know if that person remained a member or abandoned ship through the Dark ages from 2012

Anyway, sorry to be a downer on our exciting membership numbers, but I just had to vent. Perhaps I should leave the FB group. It's killing me.

It'll all come, unless a freak mistake. I've had my stuff arrive seperatly before. The book is pretty much always later (unless you sign up/renew late).

It'll all come, unless a freak mistake. I've had my stuff arrive seperatly before. The book is pretty much always later (unless you sign up/renew late).
3 years ago the book would always come on time. Now every issue is so bloody late. Last year I received my season preview issue in round 6. It was so irrelevant by that stage

Remove this Banner Ad

Back