Official Club Stuff 2016 Membership Tally

Remove this Banner Ad

Members set record pace
Rob Burton - @robburton5

10 February 2016 1:49 PM
North Melbourne has broken through the 30,000 member barrier in record time.

Loyal Roos’ fans helped the club to a tally of 30,121 by Wednesday, with 2,800 more members than at the same time in 2015.

“We are rapt with the response of our members and supporters who have helped us achieve this milestone so early in the year,” Dilena said.

“To be almost 3,000 members ahead of the same time last year shows the excitement building around the club, following two really successful seasons on the field.”

The club has experienced significant growth in the Roo for Life category, with almost 1,600 more supporters opting in for easy, automatic rollover of their membership.

Memberships have been particularly popular in Tasmania, with three blockbuster games scheduled for Blundstone Arena.

North is already over 1,100 members ahead of the same time last year in its home-away-from-home.

But there’s still a lot of work to do to break through last year’s final tally of 41,418.

“There are still about 13,000 members who haven’t renewed from 2015, so we’d encourage these supporters to get on board before round one to make the most of their membership benefits.”

Nice to know that based on this we already have a couple of thousand members that were not members last year (assuming i read that correctly)

Bloody oath it is. And to everyone who has chipped in to help out we thank you so much. You have made our year. To know that we can now get to the games and take our boy is awesome and to know we are there because of an extremely generous and awesome group of people who support the best team in the world is even more special. I will never forget what you guys have done and hopefully next year we can find another family who needs a hand and by then hopefully we are in a better place and i will be first to put my hand up and return the favour.
Again thanks to you all and extra thanks to Phillyroo for your support and to Bigeasy for coordinating everything. Legends. Thanks.

The Bells fam.

I could use a hand, preferably Swedish. :stern look

30k how cute keep it up!!

Nice username and join date. Just started to football, have you? Here's a tip to get you going - winning finals is important in football. Winning the "more members than you" race is only important to tossers. Perhaps you're too new to footy to see the subtle difference, but one day you will. You're welcome.

No i just know its unwise to piss mods off to much

I thought it would be more unwise to try and troll the supporters of a team who knocked your team of downhill skiing chokers out of the first week of finals for the 3rd... that's 3rd.... i repeat 3rd straight year. And lets not forget the pathetic performance in the 1st of those 3 years getting beaten by a team that shouldn't have even been there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I only just caught up on this thread, but a massive congratulations to all who were involved and contributed, particularly BE and Philly. I hope you and your family enjoy the footy this year HELLSBELLS and good luck with the impending arrival of your child. I wish him/her good health.

I thought it would be more unwise to try and troll the supporters of a team who knocked your team of downhill skiing chokers out of the first week of finals for the 3rd... that's 3rd.... i repeat 3rd straight year. And lets not forget the pathetic performance in the 1st of those 3 years getting beaten by a team that shouldn't have even been there.
Lighten up princess

Hey legends. Its a BOY. Ethan Matthew. Mum and bub doing awesome. Dad is excited beyond belief. Another little Roo.

Congrats mate. Turning out to be a great week for you. :)

Hey legends. Its a BOY. Ethan Matthew. Mum and bub doing awesome. Dad is excited beyond belief. Another little Roo.
Love it mate!!!! Congrats to you and Mrs Bells!!!! It's bloody fantastic to know that your little man will be a two year member before he is one year old like my little 8mth old!

Brilliant news HB. :thumbsu:

Congrats to you all and welcome to the world little man.

Just wanted to share my experience today after calling the membership department. In the 06-09 era calling the club was a complete nightmare. Tho not on this occasion. Story is I've hit the jackpot and my mrs is a north supporter. Decided on signing her up as a North member for Valentines Day (rolls eyes) - don't get more committed than that right lol

Anyway I see North as a way to vent (and a way of life too) so I am already seated next to my brother. Were savages so Id rather the mrs not see that side of me when I'm at the footy.
Any who I called up the membership department (having prior got the okay from my sister who is also a member to seat them next to eachother as they get along well) and I spoke to Jodie.
She was able to sign up my mrs, move the girls to 2 ripper seats, and take care of all my queries. Jodie then asked me the reason for the purchase and I shyly admitted it was for Valentines Day and I was tryna be a bit cute. She said we wont send out a confirmation email to your gf as its automated, but to keep the element of surprise il personally organise a certificate to go out instead from the club. OVER THE BLOODY MOON!

If anyone from the club reads this - thanks aplenty. Your staff have gone above & beyond their requirements as membership consultants and 5 bloody stars from me after today's interaction.

Love this club

Just wanted to share my experience today after calling the membership department. In the 06-09 era calling the club was a complete nightmare. Tho not on this occasion. Story is I've hit the jackpot and my mrs is a north supporter. Decided on signing her up as a North member for Valentines Day (rolls eyes) - don't get more committed than that right lol

Anyway I see North as a way to vent (and a way of life too) so I am already seated next to my brother. Were savages so Id rather the mrs not see that side of me when I'm at the footy.
Any who I called up the membership department (having prior got the okay from my sister who is also a member to seat them next to eachother as they get along well) and I spoke to Jodie.
She was able to sign up my mrs, move the girls to 2 ripper seats, and take care of all my queries. Jodie then asked me the reason for the purchase and I shyly admitted it was for Valentines Day and I was tryna be a bit cute. She said we wont send out a confirmation email to your gf as its automated, but to keep the element of surprise il personally organise a certificate to go out instead from the club. OVER THE BLOODY MOON!

If anyone from the club reads this - thanks aplenty. Your staff have gone above & beyond their requirements as membership consultants and 5 bloody stars from me after today's interaction.

Love this club

Great story and I totally relate to the bit in bold. Wouldn't dream of bringing work colleagues or others that know me in my non-footy life. Too much risk of losing my job and friends.

Were savages so Id rather the mrs not see that side of me when I'm at the footy.
Great story and I totally relate to the bit in bold. Wouldn't dream of bringing work colleagues or others that know me in my non-footy life. Too much risk of losing my job and friends.

This must be a common fear as I hold this too.

Those friends that I have gone to the footy with I have briefed before hand.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back