2016 Membership

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Build it and they will come. Brisbane supports are very supportive of successful teams. Here's some stats.

Brisbane Lions average attendance 2000-2005

2005 33,267
2004 35,320 (What a year!)
2003 31,777
2002 32,326
2001 28,725
2000 27,283

Brisbane Broncos average attendance 2000-2005

2005: 30,331
2004: 28,667
2003: 24,326
2002: 20,131
2001: 19,710
2000: 21,239

* All Home Games.
** The Broncos averaged over 43K to their home games in 1993! o_O

In 2000 the Broncos were top of the table nearly the whole season and we still had much bigger crowds all of the way through :thumbsu:

I am very confident that if the team starts winning, the people will come back in numbers! History shows that Brisbane punters just love coming to see a successful team!

That first home game, Round 2 Saturday arvo against The Kangas, that's a crucial one!

Now I am getting nostalgic. I remember on Fox Footy this season Robbo said one night "When the Gabba is full and pumping it is one of the best atmospheres there is!" :thumbsu:

Worth noting that the broncos played at ANZ (QSAC) until 2003. No coincidence their crowds went up when they moved to Suncorp. ANZ was a s**t of a place to get to.

I'm guessing the auto roll-over Loyal Lion memberships are included in that total now too.

$120 for the platinum jumper, launched today, 2 days until cut off. Despite my previous mini rant I'm tempted. Because like I need an excuse for another jumper.

I'm guessing the auto roll-over Loyal Lion memberships are included in that total now too.

$120 for the platinum jumper, launched today, 2 days until cut off. Despite my previous mini rant I'm tempted. Because like I need an excuse for another jumper.
You should get the jumper for nothing to be fair.

You should get the jumper for nothing to be fair.
You know, I did think that. 20 years of paying for the premium membership, it would have been nice to know it was worth a little more back to me as a member than a different coloured lanyard and 20% off voucher at the Lion's shop. o_O

But, that's not how you start to work on reducing that remaining $0.7m loss...

You know, I did think that. 20 years of paying for the premium membership, it would have been nice to know it was worth a little more back to me as a member than a different coloured lanyard and 20% off voucher at the Lion's shop. o_O

But, that's not how you start to work on reducing that remaining $0.7m loss...
Well yes, and no. No as in the club cant afford hand outs. And yes as in rewarding such loyal people who obviously love the club and deserve the recognition.

Im all for the handouts if it means people who have been members for 20+ years get recognised.

Edit. Rewarding people for sticking fat will encourage every one to stick together.

Cant wait for my platinum guernsey in 19 years time (even if i have to pay for it).

One more to the tally.
Just received an email from the club , to let me know I am now a silver member and there are some offers and rewards for silver members.
sounds good , respect.
Is there a silver lounge where one can refresh? you know away from the plebs, ewh.

One more to the tally.
Just received an email from the club , to let me know I am now a silver member and there are some offers and rewards for silver members.
sounds good , respect.
Is there a silver lounge where one can refresh? you know away from the plebs, ewh.
Yeah but it is the same as the bronze one, just has lots of alfoil on the walls.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely, just surely these things should be given out FFS.

I rang the club to confirm and they said that there were around 1,500 scheduled to be 'Platinum' members in 2016. Obviously some will not renew for various reasons for 2016, but you would think most will. You would also think most would want a jersey, if nothing else to confirm to themselves that they hung around through some pretty tough times either side of some incredibly good ones.

At $120 X say a thousand that's over 100K gross for the club. As cheap as I am in the rest of my life I think $120 isn't exorbitant and the club has given me enough to justify shilling out.

For me It wouldn't matter if they were $120 or $50, I wouldn't get it either way.

I wouldn't be surprised it that were the case for a lot of the Platinum members. I could see my brother (28) maybe wanting one but certainly not my mother, grandfather or uncles (Lions are kind of a family thing in our household)

That being said I think it's a fantastic gesture, just not my thing.

I rang the club to confirm and they said that there were around 1,500 scheduled to be 'Platinum' members in 2016. Obviously some will not renew for various reasons for 2016, but you would think most will. You would also think most would want a jersey, if nothing else to confirm to themselves that they hung around through some pretty tough times either side of some incredibly good ones.

At $120 X say a thousand that's over 100K gross for the club. As cheap as I am in the rest of my life I think $120 isn't exorbitant and the club has given me enough to justify shilling out.
A small price to pay to show loyal fans will be noticed.

Our membership stuff should start arriving soon I hope. Looking forward to my goodies....and getting a new sticker. Would love to get a small sticker of our logo for in the middle of the number plate..........am also very interested to see my lanyard for next year.

Can someone share some pictures of these platinum jumpers?

Ot3I4zS.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back