2016 Memberships

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 5, 2012
Canberra
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
There can be only 1
Just thinking that I would love to hear the Carlton games on radio here in the ACT.
We don't get much outside of the swans or gws and given the lack of free to air TV coverage, I was wondering if Carltonhit up one of the regional stations here to broadcast their games into ACT what would be needed to get it happening.
Put a package involving club visits etc together. Factors to be considered include number of Carlton supporters involvement here in the ACT. Would we be stepping onGWS toes?
Anyway just some thoughts

Bluechip66

Club Legend
Sep 30, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Just thinking that I would love to hear the Carlton games on radio here in the ACT.
We don't get much outside of the swans or gws and given the lack of free to air TV coverage, I was wondering if Carltonhit up one of the regional stations here to broadcast their games into ACT what would be needed to get it happening.
Put a package involving club visits etc together. Factors to be considered include number of Carlton supporters involvement here in the ACT. Would we be stepping onGWS toes?
Anyway just some thoughts

main reason i got foxfooty!

Nov 5, 2012
Canberra
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
There can be only 1
hows it wasteful?
$50 a mth compared to AFL live $99 annual or $0 freetoair. Then there are those channels that you never watch.
Plus the fact that you need to spend just about every waking moment watching tv just to recoup a return on the investment.

Bluechip66

Club Legend
Sep 30, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
i also
$50 a mth compared to AFL live $99 annual or $0 freetoair. Then there are those channels that you never watch.
Plus the fact that you need to spend just about every waking moment watching tv just to recoup a return on the investment.

i also have children though

Feb 6, 2013
Locker #5
AFL Club
Carlton
Reading HBF 's mag because mine hasn't arrived yet...they must be waiting until it's finished before they send it out :D

uploadfromtaptalk1448693313142.jpg

SirGreen

Debutant
Mar 29, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Am I missing something with the Captains Club blankets?? I have a CC membership and did not receive one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Record numbers #BoundByBlue

Great news and just a little surprising to me.
If we can keep up that 10% jump on numbers, a 55K outcome would be outstanding.

Fantastic news..I'm surprised too, 55k members would be amazing..especially after a wooden spoon. Fingers crossed this momentum continues

Fantastic news..I'm surprised too, 55k members would be amazing..especially after a wooden spoon. Fingers crossed this momentum continues

A good start to the season will hopefully help this as well. Imagine if we could get over the top of Richmond in round 1.

Sep 5, 2013
Chirnside Park
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Hey guys, Since the vibe around the club is so good this pre season I've doing some serious recruiting this year as I have plenty of Blue supporter mates that aren't actual members because they can't get to any games and I'm telling them just sign up as a 3 game member and help the club out.
Is this the best or cheapest one I should push onto these guys??? Or is there a couch membership for guys & girls that just can't ever get to a game?
Let me know as I'm sick of our low numbers considering how many Blues supporters there is out there. Plus I'm sick of those tigers supporters crapping on about there 70k members :confused:

Hey guys, Since the vibe around the club is so good this pre season I've doing some serious recruiting this year as I have plenty of Blue supporter mates that aren't actual members because they can't get to any games and I'm telling them just sign up as a 3 game member and help the club out.
Is this the best or cheapest one I should push onto these guys??? Or is there a couch membership for guys & girls that just can't ever get to a game?
Let me know as I'm sick of our low numbers considering how many Blues supporters there is out there. Plus I'm sick of those tigers supporters crapping on about there 70k members :confused:
CB I get a 3 game membership as I live in Canberra. Costs $95 and most years I don't get to Melb to see a game so basically just a contribution to the club. You get a scarf and a couple of other mementos (stickers etc).

I thought there was an 'At Home' membership but I cant seem to see it on the website. From memory it used to be similarly priced but perhaps they don't do that anymore.

Sep 5, 2013
Chirnside Park
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
CB I get a 3 game membership as I live in Canberra. Costs $95 and most years I don't get to Melb to see a game so basically just a contribution to the club. You get a scarf and a couple of other mementos (stickers etc).

I thought there was an 'At Home' membership but I cant seem to see it on the website. From memory it used to be similarly priced but perhaps they don't do that anymore.
Thanks AA thats the one I've been pushing them towards getting, seriously whats $95 when it goes towards your club you have grown up watching surely the club has given us 30+yo more than $100 per year in enjoyment over our lifetime. Lets get 55k+ this year and build it up beyond 2016 surely there is more Blues supporters than Tigers fans out in the real world

Mar 14, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Was wondering about that myself. Perhaps they didn't sell very well. Seems like a digital membership ($110) has probably replaced the At Home membership.

Iamcarlton

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2015
Up North
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Cubs , Penguins
Record numbers #BoundByBlue

Great news and just a little surprising to me.
If we can keep up that 10% jump on numbers, a 55K outcome would be outstanding.
Have you seen the tallys at present of Richmond collingwood and many other clubs compared to ours ?
And that we are barely above north WB and melbourne I would think 55 k is still sub par.

Iamcarlton

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2015
Up North
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Cubs , Penguins
Yes I know but given the year we just had, I would have thought that the average punter wasn't quite as keen to jump on board.
Slipping down the ladder, generally has your membership numbers come along for the ride.

Remember also, that Carlton supporters seem to jump on late.
We're currently tracking at about 50% of projected numbers whereas some teams are already at 70%. Huge difference.

55K would be an amazing number for the CFC, all things taken into account. Not good enough..............but good enough for now.
All good points and the numbers will rise when the performance does which doesnt tell a great story for the club in reality . But I'm still disappointed with the numbers basically over the last 5 years . I'm 45 and I would have thought there would be 40000 people my age and older that would be members every year through loyalty given the enjoyment the club in performance has given us up until the early 2000s . I feel we must be a like more fickle than others I'm afraid . But onwards and upwards!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back