2016 Midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am at this stage:
04f04399a397f744e6da9087be0c7687.png

I will wait until the NAB to see how Libba goes and if its viable enough with the rookies in my forwards and defence.
Wow deep midfield. How many premo's on your other lines?

I am at this stage:
04f04399a397f744e6da9087be0c7687.png

I will wait until the NAB to see how Libba goes and if its viable enough with the rookies in my forwards and defence.
Nice midfield. Glad I'm not alone :) I found that I was happy to cut spending in my back line to accommodate my midfield. My back line has maybe 1 premium but several mid pricers all of whom i expect to improve substantially.

A lot of people seem to have the likes of a Petracca and/or Kerridge taking up a place in their midfield but I figure i might as well use that place occupied by a mid/fwd with a gun midfielder instead and as such I have several mid/fwd players in my forward line but none in my midfield. It's all personal preference but for me I want my midfield places to be occupied by midfielders, not rookies or mid pricers i can pick in the forwardline.

In terms of cash generation I accept it will probably be tougher with less rookies in my midfield (since traditionally midfield rookies score higher than any other position) but with 3 bench places I think enough money can be raised. If there were only 2 bench places in the midfield like the SC of yesteryear it would probably be a different story.

It wouldn't be many after burning 1/3rd of his salary cap on 6 players.
You may be surprised. I have 6 gun midfielders + Libba and still managed probably 6 other premiums and a few 'higher end' mid pricers. Then again I really don't rate the backline premiums, if I did I probably wouldn't have a 6 gun midfield and several mid-priced backs

You may be surprised. I have 6 gun midfielders + Libba and still managed probably 6 other premiums and a few 'higher end' mid pricers. Then again I really don't rate the backline premiums, if I did I probably wouldn't have a 6 gun midfield and several mid-priced backs
It's all well and good if the same premiums end up in the top 10 or so for the second year in a row and there are no other bolters. Imagine if one of your mid premos does a Selwood and you get guys like Cripps, Neale and Armitage (for example) in the top 5 midfielders. You'll only have room for one of them, while everyone else jumps on two or three and you'll be losing out on 20+ points every week

Edit: you'll also miss out on a couple of mid rookies who will generate the most cash for every other team

It's all well and good if the same premiums end up in the top 10 or so for the second year in a row and there are no other bolters. Imagine if one of your mid premos does a Selwood and you get guys like Cripps, Neale and Armitage (for example) in the top 5 midfielders. You'll only have room for one of them, while everyone else jumps on two or three and you'll be losing out on 20+ points every week

Edit: you'll also miss out on a couple of mid rookies who will generate the most cash for every other team

Good point about the bolters but there is no hard and fast rule against trading premiums out. These days with 30 trades you can afford a couple trades that you didn't have the luxury of using years ago. If one of my gun mids hits a rough patch I won't hesitate to trade them out. The risk still applies with only 4 gun mids, you may well pick a 'dud' gun and will look to trade them out. Personally I think the best teams by the end of the season will have 9 gun midfielders not 8, so there are still a few spots available for upgrades.

Wrt the rookies I think that is the biggest argument against going for a midfield like mine but if you really nail your rookies cash generation should not be too much of an issue. Also I'm not against trading out a premium for a rookie if I really feel I'm missing out. Obviously it is not ideal (rookie-rookie trades are better) but it can work well

Wow deep midfield. How many premo's on your other lines?
I have 8 other premos (which includes your Bartel & BSmith), I know some people may view them as midpricers but I take the view that they are simply fallen premos and will be much better this season.

In terms of lines it's:

Def: 3-0-5
Rucks: 2-0-1
For: 3-0-5.

In the 6 mids I've picked they all have a history of scoring 105+(with most much more) over multiple seasons.

A mid premo doing a Selwood doesn't concern me tbh you could say that about all premos across any line.

I still have 2 spots to trade in anyone who starts pumping out those super premo scores.

The rookies are what concern me so NAB will be key here, changes will be made if this structure is not viable.

I think its interesting to note last year in the mids I went 5-0-6 and I had Jed Anderson as one of my rookies, so if I went 6-0-5 last year instead that extra rookie would've made little to no difference.

In the 6 mids I've picked they all have a history of scoring 105+(with most much more) over multiple seasons.

A mid premo doing a Selwood doesn't concern me tbh you could say that about all premos across any line.

I still have 2 spots to trade in anyone who starts pumping out those super premo scores.

The rookies are what concern me so NAB will be key here, changes will be made if this structure is not viable.

I think its interesting to note last year in the mids I went 5-0-6 and I had Jed Anderson as one of my rookies, so if I went 6-0-5 last year instead that extra rookie would've made little to no difference.
The difference between your midfield SELFCONFESDAFLNERD 's is that it seems you don't have Libba at m7? 6 premos can work, but 6 premos and a midpricer that will quite potentially be a keeper leaves you a rookie short in the mids imo. Which isn't a problem you seem to have

The difference between your midfield SELFCONFESDAFLNERD 's is that it seems you don't have Libba at m7? 6 premos can work, but 6 premos and a midpricer that will quite potentially be a keeper leaves you a rookie short in the mids imo. Which isn't a problem you seem to have
Depends how the rookies go I guess. To be honest I'm probably not going to go in with 6 premiums and Libba after NAB cup has finished because more rookies will present themselves but at the moment I like how my team looks with this structure. Honestly I think 4 mid rookies can be enough if you make sure they are the best 4. I've currently got a little bit of spare cash to make sure I can have a little bit of flexibility with trading rookies

Depends how the rookies go I guess. To be honest I'm probably not going to go in with 6 premiums and Libba after NAB cup has finished because more rookies will present themselves but at the moment I like how my team looks with this structure. Honestly I think 4 mid rookies can be enough if you make sure they are the best 4. I've currently got a little bit of spare cash to make sure I can have a little bit of flexibility with trading rookies
Don't worry I'm not having a go. It's just different. Sometimes different is good :thumbsu:

I have 8 other premos (which includes your Bartel & BSmith), I know some people may view them as midpricers but I take the view that they are simply fallen premos and will be much better this season.

In terms of lines it's:

Well you should score well early. Just hope the more mid priced keepers perform for you and you nail some rookies.

Don't worry I'm not having a go. It's just different. Sometimes different is good :thumbsu:
I know you aren't. It's good for me to try and justify my decisions so that way when it inevitably turns to s**t I can say at least I had reasons for doing what I did. :p I find that more often than not different turns out to be bad but hey it is fun to try!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sloane seems out of favour judging by the list of most popular mids posted before. Any thoughts from the Adelaide fans about him especially now Danger is out of the picture? He's been in most of my draft teams up to now.

Sloane seems out of favour judging by the list of most popular mids posted before. Any thoughts from the Adelaide fans about him especially now Danger is out of the picture? He's been in most of my draft teams up to now.

Gets the hard tag everyone week for 2016 - has everyone nervous

Gets the hard tag everyone week for 2016 - has everyone nervous
Sloane will get more attention now Dangerfield has gone, however, he is under priced after being injured twice last year (both knocks and not soft tissue injuries) so he is still worth serious thought. I have had him in and out, but that might be my head and heart in conflict.

In terms of lines it's:

Why will B Smith go back to scoring bid do you think. Because he is not injury affected? Interested to hear your thoughts on Smithy. :thumbsu:

In terms of lines it's:

Not sure on Bartel, hard to get back to your best when your on the wrong side of 30, I would prefer someone with a more solid role, Enright would be the better of the 2 this year imo.

Smith is a tough on, had one good year, but really there isnt any reason he should have dropped off so much last year. His role seems to have been comfortably taken up by other players which is worrying, will be interesting to see what his role is come NAB cup.

Think Sloane burnt a lot of people last year same can be said about Lewis too.

Lewis only had one big year though, Sloane was on a steady increase for the last few years before dipping last year. But whilst people say he burnt them, he still finished with a 105 average. Biggest issue is how he goes being the number 1 mid at Adelaide now.

Not sure on Bartel, hard to get back to your best when your on the wrong side of 30, I would prefer someone with a more solid role, Enright would be the better of the 2 this year imo.

Smith is a tough on, had one good year, but really there isnt any reason he should have dropped off so much last year. His role seems to have been comfortably taken up by other players which is worrying, will be interesting to see what his role is come NAB cup.

Lewis only had one big year though, Sloane was on a steady increase for the last few years before dipping last year. But whilst people say he burnt them, he still finished with a 105 average. Biggest issue is how he goes being the number 1 mid at Adelaide now.
More importantly who is number 2 mid at adelaide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back