2016 NFL Division 2

Who will win the NFL Div 2 Flag in 2016

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for the advice Turbo but think you will find the club traditionally has operated with a year end payment for many years. Players fully aware of where we are headed with new committee & all good. Now how are those Pacco boys going hearing u are upping the payment stakes again to keep up with Abers & Greenvale.

Hey Dubia, all good as the doggies have a good reputation for paying players so hope it didn't come across wrongly.
With regards to Pacco we will be very competitive again this year and expect to challenge the "top" clubs. Not sure if we are upping the payment stakes, as the aim is to keep building the good culture and bring through some young talent. We are not paying as much as people reckon and below 3-4 other sides in this comp..

I tell ya what for a club which is "supposedly struggling for buck" the doggies continue rolling out signings

I tell ya what for a club which is "supposedly struggling for buck" the doggies continue rolling out signings
Gotta be honest I have complete admiration with what the dogs have done so far gone after a group of blokes who are connected through junior footy. far more sustainable then going after big fish on big dollars!

Gotta be honest I have complete admiration with what the dogs have done so far gone after a group of blokes who are connected through junior footy. far more sustainable then going after big fish on big dollars!

Agree with you blueballers. Also it must be hard competing with sides like Greensbough, Monty, Northcote Park, Bundoora and neighbouring clubs due the area. I respect clubs like the doggies who I'm sure are up against the odds. What the junior numbers like at the doggies??

Agree with you blueballers. Also it must be hard competing with sides like Greensbough, Monty, Northcote Park, Bundoora and neighbouring clubs due the area. I respect clubs like the doggies who I'm sure are up against the odds. What the junior numbers like at the doggies??
Juniors is an area as a club we must get better at. Have had no junior club for around 5 years however a bottom age U/19s side reappeared in 2015 & whilst had little success they are good bunch ok kids who will keep together & build for the future. Actually new exec had a positive meeting last night with Banyule Council & we discussed this matter along with many others . I've said on this forum previously that North has a battle with recruiting junior players as the West Heidelberg demographic has changed over the years in addition our areas of previous recruitment over the decades being Preston & Reservoir has dried up. The club however has an opportunity over the next 10 years as the Heidelberg Heights area in particular will go through substantial change in housing development as new people many of these of the English speaking variety move into the 3081 postcode. Partnerships with junior clubs is at the top of our list & realistically is a 10 year project. We will give it a crack.

Juniors is an area as a club we must get better at. Have had no junior club for around 5 years however a bottom age U/19s side reappeared in 2015 & whilst had little success they are good bunch ok kids who will keep together & build for the future. Actually new exec had a positive meeting last night with Banyule Council & we discussed this matter along with many others . I've said on this forum previously that North has a battle with recruiting junior players as the West Heidelberg demographic has changed over the years in addition our areas of previous recruitment over the decades being Preston & Reservoir has dried up. The club however has an opportunity over the next 10 years as the Heidelberg Heights area in particular will go through substantial change in housing development as new people many of these of the English speaking variety move into the 3081 postcode. Partnerships with junior clubs is at the top of our list & realistically is a 10 year project. We will give it a crack.

I do a bit of work at northland shopping centre... Seems to be plenty of kids doing nothing hanging around around the west Heidelberg/east Preston area that could suit up for The doggies if you give free shorts socks and jumpers

Quality of those kids Is very questionable to say the least though

Plenty of future north Heidelberg west Heidelberg and Preston bullsants footballers being pushed across the creek in strollers to get their mums Centrelink cheques as well

Although any club is a few years off reaping the benefits of all the deros that multiply like rabbits out that way

Plenty of future north Heidelberg west Heidelberg and Preston bullsants footballers being pushed across the creek in strollers to get their mums Centrelink cheques as well

Although any club is a few years off reaping the benefits of all the deros that multiply like rabbits out that way

Just a quick thought all kids are born good it just the way they are raised and by who! some kids brought up some dragged up

Just a quick thought all kids are born good it just the way they are raised and by who! some kids brought up some dragged up
I see these kids and their parents pretty regularly such a shame most of them have no chance in life with the scum bag parents they've inherited

Demographics of the area I suppose

I see these kids and their parents pretty regularly such a shame most of them have no chance in life with the scum bag parents they've inherited

Demographics of the area I suppose
yes I agree with you scum breed scum though I have seen the odd kid break out from his sh!t head parents but its very rare

Doggies straight back up in my opinion.

Remember they did beat Heidelberg this year.

And they still have the best player in the competition across all grades.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Duckworth must be shopping around a bit. Signed at Banyule only to tell them the next day to tear up the contract. Must have got himself a better offer elsewhere...

i think last weeks train derailment in hurstbridge may not be the only think to derail in hurstbridge with the co coaching appointment. A prelim final not a good enough result for chopper to be reappointed? Or did chopper walk away knowing they over achieved? By the odd coach appointment It'd be safe to say there trying to save some coin on their coaching budget.

i think last weeks train derailment in hurstbridge may not be the only think to derail in hurstbridge with the co coaching appointment. A prelim final not a good enough result for chopper to be reappointed? Or did chopper walk away knowing they over achieved? By the odd coach appointment It'd be safe to say there trying to save some coin on their coaching budget.

Soooo what your saying Mlloyd is you don't rate the new coaches and you don't think they will make finals?

He got offered the job but declined

Back