Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 4, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Dallas Stars, Chargers
NFL Draft - APRIL 28 2016

Starting this Thread, perhaps very early. But as some of our teams finish up soon cant hurt to have a discussion point for it.

Creating it now as we are starting to see some of the key underclass men declaring for the draft.

Kendall Fuller (CB) from Virgiuna Tech and Sua Cravens (S/LB) from USC are both potential 1st round picks and have both declared for the draft early this week.

We will see more and more start to declare, and prospects will start to rise or fall during bowl season.

Its not a top end loaded draft, most of the 1st round talent is fairly even.

The prominent questions will be will teams like Cleveland, San Diego, San Francisco and perhaps St louis try to get a Quarterback early..

If Tennessee hold the number 1 overall pick, with no QB need will they trade down with a team who want a QB.

Ill edit this post with the potential top 5 players in each position over the next few days, as more underclassmen declare.

If the Titans do have pick 1 I think they take Tunsil for sure. Heck even the Chargers would find it hard to not take the chance to fix their O-Line.

I've got my eyes on a few players for the Panthers at their pick. Looking at Offensive Linesman or CB/S.

If the Titans do have pick 1 I think they take Tunsil for sure. Heck even the Chargers would find it hard to not take the chance to fix their O-Line.

I've got my eyes on a few players for the Panthers at their pick. Looking at Offensive Linesman or CB/S.

I think the chargers will leave finding a rivers replacement till 2017.

Likely leaving their pick between bosa and tunsil.

San diego need to start rebuilding from the inside out on both sides of The ball.

Another OT to watch in a bowl game is ronnie Stanley from notre dame. Touted as a top 10 pick he goes head to head with bosa when notre dame play ohio state. A good bowl game could see him move into the top 3-5 overall range

Wouldnt mind seeing us splurge an early pick on a RB with how we play. Agree with BB, OL and CB depth should be a priority also.

Dependent on what we do with our guys that are out of contract. Some key signings coming up in the next two years: Norman, Short, Johnson, Turner, Lotulelei, Oher, Coleman and Stewart. We probably wont be able keep them all.

Norman, Short, Lotulelei and Turner the must keeps for me.

Last edited:
There are a good group of Linebackers this year [Including the College DE's that get transformed into NFL OLB], dont know if there is any top 10 worthy QB but there are always teams like the Browns who love wasting first round picks on QB's. There are also WR's and RB's that are a gamble for first round picks

But it is hard to find a good QB now with all the spread and tempo systems because many of them have never been asked to read Defences or lean big playbooks.

With mariota done for the year on account of the beating he's taken this year and with tennessee basically a lock yo own pick 1..you would think this guarantees tunsil to go pick 1 in the Draft.
I think they will try and trade out of the number 1 pick and with the Browns (2nd) and 49ers (6th) definitely looking for a QB and potentially the Cowboys (5th) they might get the trade they want.

Hard to say.

Will be interesting to see what happens with Goff/Lynch etc. as at this point none of them scream #1 pick (but neither did Cam at this point)

Someone will probably fall in love with them.

The Tennessee line is an interesting one. Lewan imo probably could end up being a very decent LT. Adding Tunsil does probably make them better at two positions though if Lewan plays RT. He is also a pretty safe pick (although the same thing was said about Joekel and Fisher so you never know)

I would attempt to trade down. There is also a real chance that Mettenberger performs very well and he ends up being traded.

Having said all that their massive problem is defense. You CANNOT be in a division with Colts, and (I can't belive I am saying this) the Jags without having a decent defense.

I would be trying to trade down and take Hargreaves/Bosa and potentially Nkemdiche (although there are so many red flags)

Laremy Tunsil is a monty to be a Cowboy when we pick IF he is still on the boards but seriously i cannot see us winning another game nor reaching for a QB in the 1st Rd so draft positions still have a hell of a lot of working out to do with 1 game separating so many teams at this stage.

Goff/Lynch are good QB prospects but 1st Rd high selections????? I don't know and only time will tell, as this QB class is not the best from all the reports i have seen.

Lucky Steven Jones is pulling the reins now and not Jerry at the draft table for us!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Laremy Tunsil is a monty to be a Cowboy when we pick IF he is still on the boards but seriously i cannot see us winning another game nor reaching for a QB in the 1st Rd so draft positions still have a hell of a lot of working out to do with 1 game separating so many teams at this stage.

Goff/Lynch are good QB prospects but 1st Rd high selections????? I don't know and only time will tell, as this QB class is not the best from all the reports i have seen.

Lucky Steven Jones is pulling the reins now and not Jerry at the draft table for us!
So Collins to stay at guard and Tunsil to RT?

That would be nightmare inducing

think he may go ahead of you though TBH. Could see Hargreaves being the pick though

Or alternatively Myles Jack

Tunsil will be a replacement for Doug Free who is our weakest OL link and he can take his holding penalties and big $$ contract elsewhere!

I doubt we land Tunsill though and a lot on the Cowboys forums ( 50/50 split ) from the USA want us to take Goff or Lynch as an understudy on the sidelines to Romo but i doubt we do in the 1st rd.

Wee have lots of areas of need though including LB/DE etc and secondary but our history in regards to drafting CB's / SS high are littered with busts.

Hargreaves worries me a little so early. Hes been beaten a few times easily on deep balls this year. Had a bad game against alabama too. Will be interesting to see what 40 times he runs.

On the cowboys. I doubt they go qb with their likely top 5 pick. Myles jack on defense or ronnie stanley at ot make sense.. (assuming tunsil goes before their pick).

6 touchdowns for Jared Goff today. Not really against opposition, but still...assuming he goes pro, that locks him in to the top 5 of the draft you would think.

He breaks mariotas record for most passing TD passes in a season in the PAC 12 with 43

I doubt the 9ers who look like they will pick 5, would pass on a local kid (although they have form on that ;) )

The drafts other potential top 10 QB Paxton Lynch plays tomorrow vs Auburn.

6 touchdowns for Jared Goff today. Not really against opposition, but still...assuming he goes pro, that locks him in to the top 5 of the draft you would think.

He breaks mariotas record for most passing TD passes in a season in the PAC 12 with 43

I doubt the 9ers who look like they will pick 5, would pass on a local kid (although they have form on that ;) )

The drafts other potential top 10 QB Paxton Lynch plays tomorrow vs Auburn.

Air Force are a good team, they were in the MW championship game. i still dont think its enough to get some of the scouts over his slump in the 2nd half of the season, but someone will still fall in love with him. I wouldnt use a top 5 pick on him.

Ill be filthy if we go with another QB. Get some O line talent and maybe a weapon at WR with Josh Gordon and Hawkins coming back and then maybe we'll start winning games with Johnny.

We already know the browns will pick a 4th round projected QB with a top 10 pick. The longer Johnny is there the more time he has to ruin more players and take them down with him.

At last a thread for me to show some interest in......I want Jaylon Smith to be a 49er....no point the team taking a QB with what looks like a top 5 pick....firstly there is no QB who is a slam dunk at that position and secondly I don't think the 49ers have the coaching staff to develop a QB.

At last a thread for me to show some interest in......I want Jaylon Smith to be a 49er....no point the team taking a QB with what looks like a top 5 pick....firstly there is no QB who is a slam dunk at that position and secondly I don't think the 49ers have the coaching staff to develop a QB.

Good call, I think SMith is the best linebacker in the draft.

Although Ronnie Stanley at offensive tackle should be considered too. Anthony Davis retiring crippled the right side of that O line and Stanley is the 2nd best O lineman in the draft.

Good call, I think SMith is the best linebacker in the draft.

Although Ronnie Stanley at offensive tackle should be considered too. Anthony Davis retiring crippled the right side of that O line and Stanley is the 2nd best O lineman in the draft.

Anthony Davis may well unretire next season and he is still a contracted 49er....as long as Pears is no longer starting we will be fine.

Make a list of the top 5 DE prospects in this year's draft.

Falcons will pick the bust.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back