NFL 2016 NFL Pre-Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Reggie had it "easy" in the first round the last two drafts, a high pick, there was a lot of good talent, taking BPA policy, he did well getting Mack and Cooper. Not to mention Carr.

This year he'll have to work a little extra in the 1st round. Can sit still at 14 and wait to see what falls in his lap. Or he could/should be more proactive and look to trade up a few spots if he feels a particular player he wants could go....or.....use the situation of players falling to his spot to make a trade down and even down again, stockpile a couple of extra 2nd round picks, and 5th round picks.

Just think he should be more proactive in the 1st round this year.

Last edited:
There might be some teams who may want to get ahead of st louis at pick 15 to draft a qb. Maybe houston would give up a 2nd to move from 22 to 14 to draft wentz.

Although you would think philly will be trying hard to trade down from 13 given the have no 2nd rd pick. So i think oakland will stay at 14.

I think bullard from florida will go a lot higher than his current projections. Could be the best available around that range. For teams wanting a defensive lineman

There might be some teams who may want to get ahead of st louis at pick 15 to draft a qb. Maybe houston would give up a 2nd to move from 22 to 14 to draft wentz.

Although you would think philly will be trying hard to trade down from 13 given the have no 2nd rd pick. So i think oakland will stay at 14.

I think bullard from florida will go a lot higher than his current projections. Could be the best available around that range. For teams wanting a defensive lineman

los angeles ;)

Is it just me or are there others out there that don't understand why Connor Cook gets any love in the upcoming draft?

I'm pretty sure there's hardly any QBs who have made it in the NFL without completing at least 60% of their passes in college. The best he's ever done in a season is 58.7% and that was in 2013, since then he's steadily declined with 58.1% in 2014 and 56.1% in 2015.

I have to admit that QBs tend to be pushed up the draft, and there's only a few good prospects out there, but surely he's a third day candidate at best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it just me or are there others out there that don't understand why Connor Cook gets any love in the upcoming draft?

I'm pretty sure there's hardly any QBs who have made it in the NFL without completing at least 60% of their passes in college. The best he's ever done in a season is 58.7% and that was in 2013, since then he's steadily declined with 58.1% in 2014 and 56.1% in 2015.

I have to admit that QBs tend to be pushed up the draft, and there's only a few good prospects out there, but surely he's a third day candidate at best.
Thought the same way when researching possible Ram pickups.

Essentially he is a good QB with none of the skills an NFL QB needs to succeed. Then again I hate all the QBs this draft other than Goff.

Anyone think that Braxton Miller will get picked up?

Was surprised that Kenyon Drake has put his name up for the draft.. is he really a chance? I remember a few years ago in one of their bowl games when he didn't play a snap and his twitter was blowing up with people telling him to transfer haha.

Thought the same way when researching possible Ram pickups.

Essentially he is a good QB with none of the skills an NFL QB needs to succeed. Then again I hate all the QBs this draft other than Goff.

I tend to agree, this tweet summarises the 2016 QB prospects

NFL_DRAFT_Bites
@NFLDraftBites

Safest Pro Ready QB Jared Goff. Most upside Carson Wentz or Paxton Lynch. Potential starters Hackenberg, Connor Cook. Project- Cardale Jones

I tend to agree, this tweet summarises the 2016 QB prospects
Hate how they use the word upside.

Just easier to say that not even five years of college could polish this turd. If you're not pro ready going into the draft an NFL team isn't going to be able to do much more to make you pro ready.

Hate how they use the word upside.

Just easier to say that not even five years of college could polish this turd. If you're not pro ready going into the draft an NFL team isn't going to be able to do much more to make you pro ready.
The problem is most college QBs aren't pro-ready because they play spread offence and play out of the shotgun on every snap and sooner or later an NFL team will want their QB to take the snap from under centre. Whether or not a college QB can grasp the concepts associated with a three, five or seven step drop-back and/or operate in the pocket is where most guesses have to be made.

I think it was Mariota who hadn't taken a single snap under centre, but that didn't stop him from being taken at #2 in the draft.

Might need to focus on the OT should Glenn not get resigned.

Laramie. What a name

The Bills rank 3rd last on OL spend going into 2016. I'm sure they'll find the money to re-sign both Glenn and Incognito.

Wentz is the only QB i would be interested in this year if my team was looking for one. Having said that i dont think you would ever use a top 5 pick on him. Just outside the top 10, possibly, if the cupboard is bare on your current roster.

Terrible QB draft.

Wentz to the Rams would be a fantastic fit. The perfect landing spot for him IMO. Gurley and Wentz could cause all sorts of havoc.

The problem is most college QBs aren't pro-ready because they play spread offence and play out of the shotgun on every snap and sooner or later an NFL team will want their QB to take the snap from under centre. Whether or not a college QB can grasp the concepts associated with a three, five or seven step drop-back and/or operate in the pocket is where most guesses have to be made.

I think it was Mariota who hadn't taken a single snap under centre, but that didn't stop him from being taken at #2 in the draft.
The NFL has turned into a predominantly Shotgun league tho now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back