NFL 2016 NFL Pre-Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Jeez i love Ezekiel Elliot after watching some games on him the past couple of days.

Such quick feet, makes great cuts and jukes through traffic, has break away speed, catches passes, doesnt fumble, loves contact and even more importantly for the pro game, blocks very well for his QB. He is a 3 down NFL back. If any teams need a RB inside the top 20 i wouldnt hesitate selecting him. Im calling offensive rookie of the year right now.

Easily the number #1 pick in dynasty drafts this year for mine, speaking of which, thats exactly what i have in Flea Flicker. :$:thumbsu:

My RB crisis is partially solved.

Last edited:
Jeez i love Ezekiel Elliot after watching some games on him the past couple of days.

Such quick feet, makes great cuts and jukes through traffic, has break away speed, catches passes, doesnt fumble, loves contact and even more importantly for the pro game, blocks very well for his QB. He is a NFL 3 down back. If any teams need a RB inside the top 20 i wouldnt hesitate selecting him. Im calling offensive rookie of the year right now.

Easily the number #1 pick in dynasty drafts this year for mine, speaking of which, thats exactly what i have in Flea Flicker. :$:thumbsu:

Without a shadow

Especially if he goes to Dallas

I will be seriously trying to move up if so

Without a shadow

Especially if he goes to Dallas

I will be seriously trying to move up if so

Yea, that would be an awesome fit. Obviously you have to be careful with RB's coming out of a big school but Zeke is a 100% top shelf NFL RB for mine, not a single doubt in my mind that he will be a star.

Id much rather reach for Elliot (dare i say top 10) than any QB's in this draft thats for sure.

Such quick feet, makes great cuts and jukes through traffic, has break away speed, catches passes, doesnt fumble, loves contact and even more importantly for the pro game, blocks very well for his QB. He is a 3 down NFL back. If any teams need a RB inside the top 20 i wouldnt hesitate selecting him. Im calling offensive rookie of the year right now.

Jets could use a RB badly. They have Ivory (who gets injured a lot) and then a few duds. If there are no good Tackles at our pick itl come down to best available RB or OLB

Dallas to me is a great fit for elliott. I think he goes in the 12 to 18 pick range. So the play from the boys should be to trade down stock pile picks and fill the need while possibly getting one of the best players in the draft in doing so.

Trade with LA? Let the rams move up to 4 to get wentz or goff. Dallas slide down to the pick 15 range.

Ohio State RB Ezekiel Elliott said he wants to play for the Cowboys.

"I want to go play behind that great offensive line they have down in Dallas," Elliott said. Dallas has a need at running back and are almost certainly interested in the 6-foot, 225-pound playmaker. The problem is draft position. Elliott would be a reach at the No. 4 overall selection, and he will likely be off the board when the Cowboys select early in the second round. Unless Dallas makes a trade or Elliott has a precipitous fall, this dream will likely go unrealized.
Related: Cowboys

Source: NFL.com

Dallas to me is a great fit for elliott. I think he goes in the 12 to 18 pick range. So the play from the boys should be to trade down stock pile picks and fill the need while possibly getting one of the best players in the draft in doing so.

Trade with LA? Let the rams move up to 4 to get wentz or goff. Dallas slide down to the pick 15 range.

How long have you been following the NFL for???

Please... that's not the Cowboy way. That splash is not big enough, nor is it a dumb enough move for Jerruh.

They will use the #4 on someone unexpected cos Jerruh has a gut feel about him and overrules everyone else, and will then trade the #35 and 2017 1st to get Elliott, because they truely believe they're only one player away...

Get with it, man...

Memphis QB Paxton Lynch will throw at the Combine.

Lynch is the second of the three projected first-rounders to commit after Jared Goff made his decision earlier this week. Both players weren’t eligible for the Senior Bowl, but should improve their stock at the Combine. Lynch is competing with Goff and Carson Wentz to be this year's top quarterback.

Source: 95.7 The Game

A league personnel executive told NFL.com’s Lance Zierlein he doesn’t view North Dakota State QB Carson Wentz as a first-round pick.

"That North Dakota State kid is way overrated," the source said. A second executive said there’s "no way" he would draft Wentz in the first round after watching Senior Bowl practices. Wentz is polarizing due to his small-school background, but projects as a potential top-five pick. The Browns have interest in Wentz at No. 2 overall.

A league personnel executive told NFL.com’s Lance Zierlein he doesn’t view North Dakota State QB Carson Wentz as a first-round pick.

"That North Dakota State kid is way overrated," the source said. A second executive said there’s "no way" he would draft Wentz in the first round after watching Senior Bowl practices. Wentz is polarizing due to his small-school background, but projects as a potential top-five pick. The Browns have interest in Wentz at No. 2 overall.

Many are comparing Wentz to Flacco, mainly due to both being highly regarded small school prospects. IIRC Flacco went #18.

There will always be doubters out there, and we all know that between now and draft day there'll be a lot written about how certain prospects don't deserve to be ranked high.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In an internal memo, the NFL announced players who have been convicted on domestic violence, sexual assault, or weapons charges will not be allowed to attend the Scouting Combine or NFL draft.

The memo says any player with a prior felony or misdemeanor conviction or any player who refuses to submit to a background check will not be allowed to attend "any league-related event." The event ban will not affect draft eligibility. The ban means someone like Seahawks DE Frank Clark, who pled guilty to a lesser charge after being charged with domestic violence while at Michigan, would not have been allowed to attend the Combine last year. Clark still would have been eligible for selection when the Seahawks picked him in the second round.

Source: ESPN

Looks like treadwells only weakness is he lacks elite wr speed.

Nfl comparable is probably anquon boldin.

Strong hands good route runner and good blocker. But doesnt have true deep threat speed.

I wonder if that knocks him from top 10.

Looks like treadwells only weakness is he lacks elite wr speed.

Nfl comparable is probably anquon boldin.

Strong hands good route runner and good blocker. But doesnt have true deep threat speed.

I wonder if that knocks him from top 10.
Everything I've heard is that this year's WR group lack elite prospects, but plenty of 2nd and 3rd round depth.

Treadwell has a chance to boost his stock at the combine, but most are tipping 4.5 speed.

Everything I've heard is that this year's WR group lack elite prospects, but plenty of 2nd and 3rd round depth.

Treadwell has a chance to boost his stock at the combine, but most are tipping 4.5 speed.

Tyler Boyd from Pittsburgh is one of these 2/3rd round WRs I think could be anything....I hope the 49ers spend a second on him (after taking Myles Jack in the first).

NFL draft insider Tony Pauline passes along "talk" from the Senior Bowl that the Titans may take Ole Miss LT Laremy Tunsil at No. 1 overall.

We'd go as far as to label Tunsil the early favorite for the Titans' No. 1 pick. Tennessee would probably prefer to trade down, but Tunsil would be a high-floor, high-upside fallback option. 6-foot-5, 305-pound Tunsil is considered a rare "dancing bear" athlete for the left tackle spot. In this scenario, current Titans LT Taylor Lewan would kick to right tackle, upgrading two positions.
Related: Titans

Source: TFY Draft Insider

NFL draft insider Tony Pauline reports Florida State DB Jalen Ramsey is the No. 1 overall player on the Cowboys' draft board.

The Cowboys have draft-board leaks seemingly every offseason. Listed at 6-foot-1 and 202 pounds by the Seminoles, 21-year-old Ramsey profiles similarly to Antrel Rolle as a corner-safety hybrid with an affinity for run support. The Cowboys draft at No. 4 overall and have a legitimate chance at Ramsey, though he will also intrigue the Titans at 1, Browns at 2, and Chargers at 3.
Related: Cowboys

Ex-NFL personnel man Bryan Broaddus compared Alabama RB Derrick Henry to famed Bears draft bust Curtis Enis.

Broaddus tweeted that he worries about 6-foot-3, 238-pound Henry "getting bigger and slower," and noted Henry's game tape reveals an oversized running back who "doesn't create," and needs "a lane to get going." Broaddus was hired by Hall of Fame GM Ron Wolf in Green Bay before spending time scouting for the Eagles, Jaguars, and Cowboys. The No. 5 overall pick in the 1998 draft, 250-pound Enis lasted just four seasons in the NFL, averaging 3.3 yards per carry.

Source: Bryan Broaddus on Twitter

NFL draft insider Tony Pauline hears the Jets "really like" third-year OL Brent Qvale.

Pauline is largely a draft guru, but he also gets on-point NFL scoops from time to time. Qvale, 25 in March, stands 6-foot-6, 318 and has the athletic makeup of a right tackle. The Jets badly need to upgrade on RT Breno Giacomini.

According to NFL draft insider Tony Pauline, Louisiana Tech QB Jeff Driskel has been stamped with a second-round grade by "a number of franchises."

Driskel has NFL-caliber arm strength and size (6'4/230), and scouts were reportedly impressed with the way he improved at the Senior Bowl as the week of practices progressed. Per Pauline, some evaluators believe a good Combine performance could push Driskel toward the top of the second quarterback tier, ahead of Michigan State's Connor Cook and Penn State's Christian Hackenberg.

Source: philadelphiaeagles.com

According to NFL draft insider Tony Pauline, Ole Miss WR Laquon Treadwell is "not expected to run all that fast" at the NFL Combine.

Per Pauline, "those around Treadwell will be satisfied" if he runs in the mid-4.5s. The Combine begins in just under two weeks. There has been speculation Treadwell could end up running in the 4.6s or even 4.7, which would throw shade on his current top-ten pick projection. On the field, Treadwell wins with elite ball skills, body control, and length, and not necessarily top-shelf speed or size.

Source: philadelphiaeagles.com

How long have you been following the NFL for???

Please... that's not the Cowboy way. That splash is not big enough, nor is it a dumb enough move for Jerruh.

They will use the #4 on someone unexpected cos Jerruh has a gut feel about him and overrules everyone else, and will then trade the #35 and 2017 1st to get Elliott, because they truely believe they're only one player away...

Get with it, man...

Its hard to argue with jerrys recent body of work in the 1st round. Excluding last year as its too early, 4 of his last 5 1st rounders have become pro bowlers. Whiffing on claiborne.

Jerry has been verry good of late in the 1st round.

And two of those picks were interior lineman. Hardly a big splash

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back