Frank J Moose

Club Legend
Nov 16, 2012
Brownes Stadium
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Buffalo
Watching the Superbowl and it makes me realise that the AFL still has a way to go in regards to professional commentating.

Good game too.
Phil Sims doing NYG games is as bad as Eddie doing Collingwood with the red button. And he hates the Pats. You wouldnt be lauding the commentary if either of those were playing!

Easier to commentate becsuse of the game structure.

This game will take 4hrs rather than the usual 3 because of extra long ad breaks and 20 extra minutes at half time.

Apr 14, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal
Phil Sims doing NYG games is as bad as Eddie doing Collingwood with the red button. And he hates the Pats. You wouldnt be lauding the commentary if either of those were playing!

Easier to commentate becsuse of the game structure.

This game will take 4hrs rather than the usual 3 because of extra long ad breaks and 20 extra minutes at half time.
Phil Sims is awful no matter who is playing.

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
That Panthers QB backing away from diving on the loose ball with the game on the line is one of the softest things I've ever seen in such an important match.

I get that QBs are valuable property who need to protect themselves from injury for the good of the team, but if there was ever a time to go that was it.

May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
That Panthers QB backing away from diving on the loose ball with the game on the line is one of the softest things I've ever seen in such an important match.
Has to be something to do with this rubbing off on him..

cam440677_e6622b28_244e_11e5_8007_4f423a94e2b3.jpg

cam2ql75v9.jpg

Apr 14, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal

I get that QBs are valuable property who need to protect themselves from injury for the good of the team, but if there was ever a time to go that was it.
Newton is probably the toughest QB in the league.

Inveigh Slang

Club Legend
Dec 14, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
His mother probably knows more about it than you do. Mainwaring didn't need any encouragement to take drugs (I moved in similar circles for a while).
If one of your mates was recovering from addiction you might feel inclined to show a little more compassion.

Those guys new what they were getting into before they were addicts. They chose to do it and they lead selfish lives that affected their families.

If a husband or wife chose to start taking drugs and hang out with druggies instead of spending time with their family then no, no sympathy at all.

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
I don't think Newton was in a position to recover the ball had he gone to ground. The ball bobbled and two players were diving at the ball at his feet. You don't go in if you aren't going to impact the contest.

I think he could have easily impacted the contest.

Frank J Moose

Club Legend
Nov 16, 2012
Brownes Stadium
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Buffalo
I think he could have easily impacted the contest.

Too close to his feet. He's standing on top of it. He goes to pick it up to make a play but gets it wrong. He had to dive from the start, once he decided to pick it up he was out of the contest.

I'm not a Newton fan but it's unfair to say he shirked.

Also don't underestimate the difficulty playing the ball on the ground in pads and helmet.

leeloo

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 20, 2007
Delusional
AFL Club
Fremantle
Without knowing any of the personalities as I don't follow NFL, he looks like a guy who has just lost the Superbowl, I felt for him. It must be tough but I suppose he probably could have made a bit more of an effort.

May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
Without knowing any of the personalities as I don't follow NFL, he looks like a guy who has just lost the Superbowl, I felt for him. It must be tough but I suppose he probably could have made a bit more of an effort.
He's well known for OTT carrying on and celebrating after they score.

Purpletown

Club Legend
Sep 22, 2014
Restumping
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC Denver Broncos
Superbowl 50 was not a game for the purists with fumbles by both sides. Denver got the job done against the seasons best team and in the end an ugly win is all that is required. Very happy for my family members in Denver who are over the moon about the result.

siteuser

Debutant
Mar 17, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Do you think the 34 suspended Essendon players, now who have all submitted an appeal with the Swiss Federal Tribunal, are all sore losers who cannot accept the 'umpire's' (or an authority's) ruling and decision? And are not taking any responsibility or accountability? - Despite claiming, they were unaware of what substance they were given.

Mezz

Club Legend
Aug 27, 2010
unceded Wangkatha lands, W.A.
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
The AFL media people announced it on Twitter as the 34 players' appealing a "supplements ban" and I got shitty, replying that if everyone started calling it for what it is (a doping ban), then maybe the Essendon players might start to take responsibility for it.

They haven't replied to me as yet (probably blocked now) :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back