Oppo Camp 2016 non-Geelong match and general football (Australian Rules) discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't get the whole one-sided concept that we would have been certainties had we played them in the grand final. Then again, this is the Geleong board so of course 99% of supporters are going to have a biased opinion.
Call me a knob or whatever else you want but the fact remains, no team has beaten another team twice in September and Hawthorn have trumped us in the big one just a few years prior.

Geelong 18.11.119
Collingwood 12.9.81

As you say Bob, only the final score matters and no matter how long you agonise over it that ain't gonna change.

Just a suggestion, but don't you think it may be time to let it go, seems like it's becoming an obsession with you. :)

I still don't get the whole one-sided concept that we would have been certainties had we played them in the grand final. Then again, this is the Geleong board so of course 99% of supporters are going to have a biased opinion.
Call me a knob or whatever else you want but the fact remains, no team has beaten another team twice in September and Hawthorn have trumped us in the big one just a few years prior.
I'm not about to overreact and call you a knob but you only have to look back at how convincingly we beat them in the final a couple of weeks prior to realise they were a long way off matching us in 2011.

If we were to have met in that grand final the margin would have been far greater than what we beat Collingwood by based on how meekly they folded in said final.

I'm not about to overreact and call you a knob but you only have to look back at how convincingly we beat them in the final a couple of weeks prior to realise they were a long way off matching us in 2011.

If we were to have met in that grand final the margin would have been far greater than what we beat Collingwood by based on how meekly they folded in said final.
Gunston wasn't at the club at that point. Roughead was injured for the 2nd half of the season. Puopolo and Bruest weren't the goal scorers they are now.

Gunston wasn't at the club at that point. Roughead was injured for the 2nd half of the season. Puopolo and Bruest weren't the goal scorers they are now.
Nor was Stevic a Hawthorn supporter.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12705302_1683153001968267_3410703065440133767_n.jpg

Hmmmm.....

Do we see the Pies playing finals this year?

Even with Bucks getting a one year extension, I'd imagine it's finals or bust for him by the end of the year.
I'm not sure what to make of the Pies, yes they have slipped each year... but his side plays with intensity and intent, and he has made the team his own... getting rid of the rat-pack/trouble makers.... but they also have basically vanished in the 2nd half of the season the last 2 years

Another bad year though and he could be in real trouble, with Ed being in trouble as well if he has given his love child a new deal that wasn't needed or deserved

So Jeremy Howe has broken a finger and needed surgery... will miss the start of the season.

The official story they went with was he hurt it playing frisbee with his dog.. cos you know dogs can throw the frisbee back and all.....

Already it's leaked out he was playing cricket on the weekend and broke it that way... lol

I'm not sure what to make of the Pies, yes they have slipped each year... but his side plays with intensity and intent, and he has made the team his own... getting rid of the rat-pack/trouble makers.... but they also have basically vanished in the 2nd half of the season the last 2 years

Another bad year though and he could be in real trouble, with Ed being in trouble as well if he has given his love child a new deal that wasn't needed or deserved

Mind you, the past two years they've hit the 1/2 way mark 7-4 and 8-3 respectively so if they can keep their momentum this year, with more mature bodies, they'll be a big improver....much like us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back