2016 NTFA SEASON

Remove this Banner Ad

First thing with all due respect I don't think copying and pasting a points system made for the demographic of Victoria with a far larger population, pool of players, with a lot more money coming into clubs and money going out of the clubs gives us a reason to applaud the NTFA. Secondly I know for a fact when it got voted through there were more then a few clubs not present when it was passed through. Something doesn't feel right here.

Now I will go into further underlying issues and this isn't a one team or division vs the other its just how it is a further inequity! Where's the fairness in terms of junior pathways all teams in NTFA div 1 have junior pathways while at least half of the teams in DIV 2 bar Old Scotch, St Pats, Prospect and potentially OLs have any sort of junior pathway. That means for every other div 2 sides (Perth, Evandale, Meander, Tamar, Lilydale and Uni) every player at one stage or another has to be a recruit, only played high school footy or never played for. In turn this means those div 2 sides points without a junior pathway will naturally be higher on a year to year basis. It doesn't take long for those points to add up.

To think that some points system will create loyalty is ludicrous it will actually cap potential teams development, if you think players, supporters and the footballing public will take this be prepared for some action.
Prospect is the only division 2 side to have a junior side! To call a school (scotch, st pats & grammar) a junior club is absurd. Majority of private school boys play at North, Launnie, South, Prospect and Longford..... But other than that, i totally agree with the fact that those clubs with junior clubs are completed facoured. I wouldn't say Bracknell, Hillwood & Bridgenorth in division 1 have junior clubs though, nor do Rocherlea. So in this fact South, Longford, Scottsdale & George Town are at massive advantage here.

If you recruit from juniors i.e. lilydale recruited from north u16s, what points score is this?? It seems like its only 1 isnt it?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I've been hearing that clubs are not ruling out walking out on the NTFA if this were to get up, how you can bring in an overhaul of the competition on such short notice.
You'll end up having clubs taking the piss with their address, "official" best and fairest and leading goal kickers.
Best and fairest and leading goal kicker 4 points only counts if they are traded. Not if you keep them the next year!
Fudging a B&F so another club can get them cheaper seems highly unlikely.

I've been hearing that clubs are not ruling out walking out on the NTFA if this were to get up, how you can bring in an overhaul of the competition on such short notice.
You'll end up having clubs taking the piss with their address, "official" best and fairest and leading goal kickers.
What clubs might be considering this?

Any club that feels they are hard done by has a right to explore things, why would any club want to support a comp where they are being set up to fail.
Just out of interest where does everyone feel who will be for/against this when all clubs get a vote?

Any club that feels they are hard done by has a right to explore things, why would any club want to support a comp where they are being set up to fail.
Just out of interest where does everyone feel who will be for/against this when all clubs get a vote?
You would think clubs that are either already over or have already recruited the last few months will be against this i.e. Rocherlea, South, maybe Bracknell, Evandale & maybe St Pats.

I beleive the rest will be for the idea given their ladder position and current gap with the better sides.

The first year the ntfa should allow all clubs an additional 5 points, given its has just been introduced as they cannot expect clubs to turn away players they have recruited over the past 6-12 months because some will be over the points allocation.

You would think clubs that are either already over or have already recruited the last few months will be against this i.e. Rocherlea, South, maybe Bracknell, Evandale & maybe St Pats.

I beleive the rest will be for the idea given their ladder position and current gap with the better sides.

The first year the ntfa should allow all clubs an additional 5 points, given its has just been introduced as they cannot expect clubs to turn away players they have recruited over the past 6-12 months because some will be over the points allocation.

This just prevents perennial cellar dwellers from bringing in a good coach with plenty of recruits so really doesn't help the bottom sides unless they want to make a slow trek up the ladder.

This just prevents perennial cellar dwellers from bringing in a good coach with plenty of recruits so really doesn't help the bottom sides unless they want to make a slow trek up the ladder.
And protects those clubs where that good coach would recruit from.

Seems the "points" system has been ticked off by the NTFA for season 2016 . Watch this space as there has been talks amongst the clubs who are unhappy with this system for next season , especially as lots of clubs have done their recruiting for next season .

Have no idea on the points system being discussed for tassie footy , but can tell you the vic version is already seeing clubs work around it by qualifying players as their home grown players . Allegedly this includes the recruitment of 12 and 13 year olds into junior clubs they are aligned to .

Is there any movements for any players for the 2016 season from the last few weeks? Usually this time up to Xmas most players dont make any calls. Hearing Lowe from St Pats went back to Hillwood. Any movements out longford?

Is there any movements for any players for the 2016 season from the last few weeks? Usually this time up to Xmas most players dont make any calls. Hearing Lowe from St Pats went back to Hillwood. Any movements out longford?

Lowe signed already as coach of hillwood for 2017, having a year off 2016.

Seems the "points" system has been ticked off by the NTFA for season 2016 . Watch this space as there has been talks amongst the clubs who are unhappy with this system for next season , especially as lots of clubs have done their recruiting for next season .

By 'talks amongst the clubs' you mean your club calling all the others to try and convince others to not support it because you are currently sitting at over 50 points........

I wonder if you will also try and make all the players pay back the $1,000 sign on they got!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

By 'talks amongst the clubs' you mean your club calling all the others to try and convince others to not support it because you are currently sitting at over 50 points........

I wonder if you will also try and make all the players pay back the $1,000 sign on they got!

I know people from many clubs . They will struggle with the concept for this season . Most clubs will be over the "50 points"

I'm not privvy to any players getting any sign on fee . But I doubt you are as well . So keep making it up .

You're a complete *******.
Maybe not $1000, but i seen a message of an offer of at least half this amount!

In saying that, whats the problem with sign ons everyone?

And although we play at clubs, it doesnt mean we know what they pay and what they dont in some instances anymore than anyone else

Bracknell looks to be further improvers on last season. Corry Goodluck, Joe Chilcott, Richie Howe, Jake Huett and Logan Wright all recruits

any new news/ rumours going around. is the points system signed off yet?

BridgeNorth have picked up 3 young fellas from Hobart and 1 from launy.article in the Examiner the other day

I've heard those Hobart blokes aren't really that great and that they will end up being fringe players. so will be interesting to see how bridgenorth go. Don't know how the ex launy player goes

I've heard those Hobart blokes aren't really that great and that they will end up being fringe players. so will be interesting to see how bridgenorth go. Don't know how the ex launy player goes
ive heard they go alright. they trained and played a few prac matches with them last year and impressed. especially the blokes who is 192cm and plays midfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Back