2016 Player Advocates - draft complete

Remove this Banner Ad

StMiles1

Team Captain
Nov 5, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Last year's organiser is no longer with us so I have on the spur of the moment decided to run it this year!

Order will be posted soon, just want to get some ground rules in place for the draft and advocate expectations.

Overall I think the advocate idea ran okay this year. Some people did a fantastic job, with regular updates and posting of relevant media, game reports, SC/DT related news and more, but there were a number of player threads which spent most of the season on the second page of the players board and a few actually had 0 posts made by their advocate. We'll be bringing in a couple rules to improve on this next season.

- You'll have 24 hours to make your pick. After this time the next person will be able to pick. If you miss your pick you can make it at any stage afterwards.
- If you've missed out we will be making a reserves list. So keep putting your hands up!
- Reserves will come into play if someone completely misses the draft. If the poster with pick #13 fails to make their pick by the time pick #45 has been made, the first reserve will have the chance to take their spot.
- If an advocate fails to make a post in their respective players thread at least once every 3 months then we will offer their player to the next poster on the reserves list. Considering the season only really goes for 5 months I think this is more than an acceptable time period. There will almost surely be some form of media, facebook story/photo, game report, or even your own thoughts on the player season preview etc.
- The best 3 advocates will be rewarded with the top 3 picks going into the next year. So make the most of it!

UPDATE: This is the draft order.

1. krk004 - Nathan Freeman
2. CursingFijian - Jake Carlisle
3. Daddy_Barrels - Jade Gresham
4. Ads734 - Blake Acres
5. lewdogs - Jack Sinclair
6. L_W_P - Billy Longer
7. RoundCubic - Dylan Roberton
8. Jackbenimble - Jack Billings
9. saintkildaman - Josh Bruce
10. Winmar2Lockett - Hugh Goddard
11. StMiles1 - Jack Lonie
12. Phoenix_9 - Seb Ross
13. Hayes4PM - Luke Dunstan
14. SincMagic - Paddy McCartin
15. SaintRick88 - Daniel McKenzie
16. DarkSaint - Brodie Murdoch
17. Left_Billings - Jack Newnes
18. Armitage2Riewoldt - Brandon White
19. hayes - Jimmy Webster
20. soups1982 - Tim Membrey
21. felsty - Nick O'Kearney
22. holllywood - Jack Steven
23. Armoooo - Nick Riewoldt
24. SK_MD_#7 - Eli Templeton
25. Mindtraveller - Darren Minchington
26. Keg on legs - Bailey Rice
27. St Kilda Death - Sam Gilbert
28. Mad Sainter - Shane Savage
29. Tommy Wigs - Lewis Pierce
30. Persevering Saint - Tom Hickey
31. saintbondy - Nick Coughlan
32. Sir Skid - David Armitage
33. StMorris_ - Mav Weller
34. dewah07 - Nathan Wright
35. dct66 - Tom Lee
36. Choomah - Jason Holmes
37. paddygunner - Tom Curren
38. sainterryan - Brenton Payne
39. StKing11 - Leigh Montagna
40. 12Chill - Sean Dempster
41. BlacreJacks - Sam Fisher
42. Mat Mann - Cam Shenton
43. PetWussy - Josh Saunders
44. The Jack Pack - Jarryn Geary
45. sverik25 - Luke Delaney
46. Rors - Joe Baker-Thomas

Comment by Kildonan - the above list looks to have overlooked a few of the good contributors from this initiative in 2015 and has included a few posters who were less than prolific then.
This is a time when a number of posters take a hiatus from the board and some may be disappointed when they return to find that they missed out on the opportunity to spruke their main man. Can anyone suggest a better way for next year's advocate draft? I think we can reward more of the good posters and eliminate more of the lesser contributors by having some sort of vote. (Not a popularity vote but a performance vote).

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll have a crack.

Just pumping my tyres for a second: this year I took my boy from the edges of the list to a senior debut. Pretty sure that was all my doing. :D

Should see me easily selected in the top 3 advocates from this year!!

What's the actual concept? Pick a player out of a draft and talk them up all year?

I'm in either way :D

Pretty much. Basically there is a draft for all the players on the list, including rookies. They become "your boy" for the season. You can spruik them as little or as much as you like.

Participants get drawn and a draft takes place in that order. It's a bit of fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back