Premiership Player
Aug 6, 2013
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Gold Coast United
image.jpeg

Update on new fitness/conditioning staff.

Sep 25, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
OKC, Chelsea FC, Raiders
View attachment 191062
Update on new fitness/conditioning staff.

Awesome! About time we started taking our high performance area seriously and bringing in some of the best around. Fingers crossed these guys are as good as we are to be believed and our players can stay out on the field for the bulk of the season. Question is though why has it taken so long to address our high performance area when it has been such an obvious area of weakness for so long? Money I'm guessing?

Aug 17, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Awesome! About time we started taking our high performance area seriously and bringing in some of the best around. Fingers crossed these guys are as good as we are to be believed and our players can stay out on the field for the bulk of the season. Question is though why has it taken so long to address our high performance area when it has been such an obvious area of weakness for so long? Money I'm guessing?
Yeah and bluey's philosophy that he just needed to get games into our kids to win the premiership.

Corkie

Premiership Player
Aug 6, 2013
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Gold Coast United
This is a good news story right????

It has been so long that I am not sure I can tell anymore. :(

Well the old fitness team was shite, and Cordy seems to have been given the power to bring in his own elite team, so kudos to the club doing their best to fix the problem.

Jan 27, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OB11

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 4, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
76ers
View attachment 191360

A little unsure on Fergus being named Sports Science manager after only 1 year as an assistant at the Digs after Uni.
But anyway, good luck Ferg
View attachment 191361

Funny story of 6 degrees of separation - Zane Leonard indirectly helped my sister meet her husband, a Collingwood footballer at the time

He was on the Collingwood rookie list in the mid 2000s and my sister was friends with his sister (btw is smoking hot) and through him got an invite to the Copeland Trophy after party, where she met her future husband for the first time.

Don't know Zane personally but respect the fact that when he finished at the Pies he has gone on to build a career in elite high performance.

Greendogg

Club Legend
Nov 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
So was down the beach today and saw about 10 super buff looking guys.. on closer inspection I recognised jaeger, Sexton and as I was trying to work out which other Suns were there in pops a late comer.. this late comer was none other than Charlie fu*&in Dixon.. dishin out bro hugs to everyone like nobody's business.. I was a little taken aback because id just finished reading an article about Dicko in a port jersey training the house down and having 2 kgs less muscle mass on an ankle.. guess he misses the boys and beautiful days on Burleigh beach

Experimental

Norm Smith Medallist
May 20, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
View attachment 191360

A little unsure on Fergus being named Sports Science manager after only 1 year as an assistant at the Digs after Uni.
But anyway, good luck Ferg
View attachment 191361
Re: Fergus -

I'm pretty certain that Cordy would have brought him up to the Suns. Why else would a bloke 1 year out of uni, who has previously worked at Cordy's ex-club, be brought up north for a new gig so suddenly?

Cordy obviously sees something in him!

Corkie

Premiership Player
Aug 6, 2013
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Gold Coast United
So was down the beach today and saw about 10 super buff looking guys.. on closer inspection I recognised jaeger, Sexton and as I was trying to work out which other Suns were there in pops a late comer.. this late comer was none other than Charlie fu*&in Dixon.. dishin out bro hugs to everyone like nobody's business.. I was a little taken aback because id just finished reading an article about Dicko in a port jersey training the house down and having 2 kgs less muscle mass on an ankle.. guess he misses the boys and beautiful days on Burleigh beach

Lads are out and about. I ran into a few of them tonight at the Miami Marketta (Shaw, Hall, Brooksby, Schade, Rory T & Cats Zac Smith). All looked in fine spirits, having a laugh. Quizzed a couple on how things were going but got nothing interesting.

Big Kurtly Tippett also plodding about.

OB11

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 4, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
76ers
Re: Fergus -

I'm pretty certain that Cordy would have brought him up to the Suns. Why else would a bloke 1 year out of uni, who has previously worked at Cordy's ex-club, be brought up north for a new gig so suddenly?

Cordy obviously sees something in him!

I'm pretty sure to get Cordy to move to GC we would have to had to have made him a pretty compelling offer.

Probably gave him a $1m budget to assemble his own team...maybe Fergus comes on the cheap and Cordy gets to pocket a bit more coin :cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back