NFL 2015 Pro Football HOF Finalists

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Semifinalists for Pro Football Hall of Fame's 2016 class

• Published: Nov. 24, 2015 at 07:58 p.m.
(video inside article link)

The Pro Football Hall of Fame's Class of 2016 was trimmed down to 25 on Tuesday during NFL Network's Gold Jacket Semifinalists special.

Hall of Fame voting

The original field of 108 nominees and these selections will be cut to 15 in early January. The group of semifinalists includes 22 players and three coaches, with 15 players on offense alone. Two of the biggest names are in their first year of eligibility: Brett Favre and Terrell Owens. Favre is certain to be a first-ballot choice, while T.O. will be one of the more fascinating case studies in recent history. The third player in his first year of eligibility, Alan Fancea, also has a real chance to make it to Canton.

The Class of 2016 then will be selected on Jan. 31 from the list of 15 modern-era finalists plus three senior nominees. The 2016 Senior Finalists are Ken Stabler (QB with Oakland Raiders, Houston Oilers, New Orleans Saints) and Dick Stanfel (Guard with Detroit Lions, Washington Redskins).

Former Broncos running back (and current NFL Network analyst) Terrell Davis and former Rams linebacker Kevin Greene have made the semifinalist list ten times, the most of any of the nominees. Marvin Harrison, Tony Dungy, Don Coryell, and Ty Law are also among the most fascinating names that will be debated in January.

A look at the complete list is below, and NFL Media's Elliot Harrison ranks the 25 players right here:

---------

1) Morten Andersen, K -- New Orleans Saints, Atlanta Falcons, New York Giants, Kansas City Chiefs, Minnesota Vikings (Times as a Semifinalist: 4)

2) Steve Atwater, S -- Denver Broncos, New York Jets (times as a semifinalist: 5)

3) Tony Boselli, T -- Jacksonville Jaguars, Houston Texans (times as a semifinalist: 1)

4) Isaac Bruce, WR -- Los Angeles/St. Louis Rams, San Francisco 49ers (times as a semifinalist: 2)

5) Don Coryell, Coach -- St. Louis Cardinals, San Diego Chargers (times as a semifinalist: 8)

6) Roger Craig, RB -- San Francisco 49ers, Los Angeles Raiders, Minnesota Vikings (times as a semifinalist: 8)

7) Terrell Davis, RB -- Denver Broncos (times as a semifinalist: 10)

8) Tony Dungy, Coach -- Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Indianapolis Colts (times as a semifinalist: 3)

9) Alan Faneca, G -- Pittsburgh Steelers, New York Jets, Arizona Cardinals (times as a semifinalist: 1)

10) Brett Favre, QB -- Atlanta Falcons, Green Bay Packers, New York Jets, Minnesota Vikings (times as a semifinalist: 1)

11) Kevin Greene, LB/DE -- Los Angeles Rams, Pittsburgh Steelers, Carolina Panthers, San Francisco 49ers (times as a semifinalist: 10)

12) Marvin Harrison, WR -- Indianapolis Colts (times as a semifinalist: 3)

13) Torry Holt, WR -- St. Louis Rams, Jacksonville Jaguars (times as a semifinalist: 2)

14) Joe Jacoby, T -- Washington Redskins (times as a semifinalist: 6)

15) Edgerrin James, RB -- Indianapolis Colts, Arizona Cardinals, Seattle Seahawks (times as a semifinalist: 2)

16) Jimmy Johnson, Coach -- Dallas Cowboys, Miami Dolphins (times as a semifinalist: 3)

17) Mike Kenn, T -- Atlanta Falcons (times as a semifinalist: 2)

18) Ty Law, CB -- New England Patriots, New York Jets, Kansas City Chiefs, Denver Broncos (times as a semifinalist: 2)

19) John Lynch, FS -- Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Denver Broncos (times as a semifinalist: 4)

20) Kevin Mawae, C/G -- Seattle Seahawks, New York Jets, Tennessee Titans (times as a semifinalist: 2)

21) Karl Mecklenburg, LB -- Denver Broncos (times as a semifinalist: 5)

22) Sam Mills, LB -- New Orleans Saints, Carolina Panthers (times as a semifinalist: 1)

23) Terrell Owens, WR -- San Francisco 49ers, Philadelphia Eagles, Dallas Cowboys, Buffalo Bills, Cincinnati Bengals (times as a semifinalist: 1)

24) Orlando Pace, T -- St. Louis Rams, Chicago Bears (times as a semifinalist: 2)

25) Kurt Warner, QB -- St. Louis Rams, New York Giants, Arizona Cardinals (times as a semifinalist: 2)

'The Pro Football Hall of Fame announced their semifinalists for the class of 2016 Tuesday. When the Hall of Fame announced their 108 nominees, there were seven former Raiders among them. With the trimming to 25 semifinalists, just one remains -- RB Roger Craig.

The six who were cut from the list were T Jim Lachey, G Steve Wisniewski, LB Matt Millen, CB Eric Allen, CB Albert Lewis, HC Tom Flores. These former players join an already long list of Raiders snubs.'

Yeah I think Favre is a lock. He's definitely the highest profile there. That probably hurts Warners chances of getting in this year.

The WR position is an interesting batch. Owens was loved by the media but was controversial. Harrison may be hampred by his end of career activities which voters on the moral high ground may count against him. Bruce was a great WR, but as far as profile guys was always shadowed by other bigger personality WRs and may not register in the eyes of the voters. I suspect only one, if any, get in.

The RB spot I don't think will see a HoF player getting in. There always seem to be question marks over Craig (49ers cast) and Davis (longevity) and James has a chance as, statistically, he is comparable to HoF Curtis Martin, but I don't see him as a HoF RB, personally.

An Offensive lineman or two might get the nod here. Probably two from this group given how many there are - maybe recentitis puts two modern era linemen in, or at least one modern and one older player like Kenn or Jacoby.

Might be a case of the long time nominee getting the nod too, in this case Kevin Greene. Largely due to a dearth of defensive players among the nominees. Either that or one of the 3 coaches.

I remember the first Madden i ever got, Isaac Bruce and Holt were a beastly duo, in fact the whole Rams team was beastly.

Marshall Faulk bouncing off my tacklers and juking defenders for 80yd+ TD's, me throwing PS2 controllers, good times.

Last edited:
Warner, Bruce, Pace and Holt
Maybe Farve, Greene, Boselli and Coryell.

DB/LA level post.

Apart from Favre, a really soft year.

Boselli, Faneca should get in, maybe Morten Andersen would be worthy this year too.

IF Davis gets in, Sharpe should've been in 10 years ago.

Davis deserves to be in there, one of the best ever at the position

DB/LA level post.

Boselli, Faneca should get in, maybe Morten Andersen would be worthy this year too.

Favre is a lock, not sure how it's a LA level post

DB/LA level post.

Yeah it was half a joke as I seriously doubt four players from the same team would get in at once. That said I do expect Warner to get in.

Farve and Warner are my locks.
Boselli to get in so the Jags have a HOF.
Beyond that voters preference.

I'd like to see Warner and Law get inducted together. Maybe Warner can throw over to Law?

Farva in like Flynn.

I remember the first Madden i ever got, Isaac Bruce and Holt were a beastly duo, in fact the whole Rams team was beastly.

Marshall Faulk bouncing off my tacklers and juking defenders for 80yd+ TD's, me throwing PS2 controllers, good times.
Yeah no s**t. They're the single best ******* team ever.

Yeah it was half a joke as I seriously doubt four players from the same team would get in at once. That said I do expect Warner to get in.

Farve and Warner are my locks.
Boselli to get in so the Jags have a HOF.
Beyond that voters preference.

I realise its a joke, but don't lower yourself to that level...

DB/LA level post.

How many Super Bowl Mvps does sharpe have/2000 yd seasons?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many Super Bowl Mvps does sharpe have/2000 yd seasons?

How many NFL records did Davis hold??

Sharpe redefined the position. And he had MVP calibre seasons, 18 TDs in '94 has only been bettered once since. Wouldn't have the power WRs of today without Sterling.

Best playoff running back of all time

If he played a full season of playoff games on his pace, this would be his season stats:

408 carries, 2280 yards (5.59 YPA), and 24 touchdowns.

His 408 rushing attempts would be the third highest single-season total in NFL history. His 2280 rushing yards would shatter Eric Dickerson's single-season record of 2105 yards, and his 24 rushing touchdowns would be tied for the fifth best single-season total.

Y
Regular season MVP

2x Super Bowls

Super Bowl MVP

2000 yd season

Scrub
Never said he was a scrub, I said he had two great seasons. Another was very good.

But he still really only played 4 seasons.

And if we go by LA argument, Sharpe's 88-1832-32 would eclipse any season by a non-QB ever...

Favre and TO are locks, then there are about 10 that should get in and will be taking votes from each other like Jimmy Johnson, Warner, Holt, Bruce, Dungy, Atwater, TD.

Not an easy vote again this year.

I'd vomit if Warner, Dungy or Atwater got voted in.

Bruce is the best WR in this class, but he just went out and did his job well every week, so won't get the votes yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back