2016 Rising Stars Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Did he kick 4 on Merrett in a scratch match recently?

Yeah, I think that's right. He definitely kicked 4, and pretty sure it was up against Merrett. IIRC the reports were that he didn't look great in the match overall but just knew where to get to and was really good below his knees to keep hitting the scoreboard.

from the hawks daniel howe has been impressing everyone at the club and will become a midfielder, in the comp i think wietering , keays and mills will be right up there.

Crameri being out for the year opens up an almost permanent spot (form dependent, of course) for one of Daniel, McLean or Dale, so their chances have increased. I'd back McLean to take that spot, personally.

Will Boyd get a full year now?

Will Boyd get a full year now?
He's fighting with Redpath moreso than Crameri. Hard to say. Redpath is limited and will almost certainly be overtaken by Boyd at some point, but it's just a matter of when. We seem to be focusing very heavily on mobility and fitness with Boyd at the moment; he's running a lot better, but still needs to keep adding strength. I think it's a "wait and see" question. It's unlikely in my mind that both of them play so it's just a matter of who's in better form at that time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I think being in the system will help him too. Tough midfield to get a crack in though.

Will be playing off Half Back apparently this year. He will spend 'minutes' in the middle, but look for him to replace one of the HBF's that we have lost over the off season. At $10-12 or whatever he is, a much better bet than a KPP in Moore at $5.

Will be playing off Half Back apparently this year. He will spend 'minutes' in the middle, but look for him to replace one of the HBF's that we have lost over the off season. At $10-12 or whatever he is, a much better bet than a KPP in Moore at $5.
Yeah makes sense to start him off on a hbf. I'm tossing up between him or Hopper as a "rookie" in my ultimate footy keeper league. Can't believe Moore is at $5! Crazy!!

Yeah makes sense to start him off on a hbf. I'm tossing up between him or Hopper as a "rookie" in my ultimate footy keeper league. Can't believe Moore is at $5! Crazy!!

Hopper is probably the safer bet in terms of consistently getting games, but Mills' best could be better. You can't go wrong with either choice. I'd probably go with Mills but I'm more inclined to take a punt with rookies in those leagues. If they work good, if not so be it. You got to take risks to win those leagues. As for betting, Pettracca is favourite at $6.50 on Sportsbet, Moore a more realistic price of $12, but Mills is $15. I like Aaron Francis at $21 as a roughie though. For me personally the 2nd year players are ridiculously under the odds.

Might throw a bit on Mills purely on the training reports. If he plays close to a full season, you never know. I like him at reasonable odds too. The top 2 are way too short personally.
Yeah there's really no point putting up big money and waiting 6 months on a return for a player priced at $6 or $7 IMO. Might as well gamble on a player with decent odds i.e. closer to $20 or just save yourself the wait and put that money on other shorter term bets.

I'm too impatient to bet on test matches unless the odds are great, let alone a RS at $6 coming off an ACL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back