2016 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sit down child let me tell you...

Nakia Cockatoo...

Reasons to pick in 2016:
- Good JS (we played him more than he deserved in 2015 so he would adapt quicker & knowing how much we rate him he will definitely be in the seniors barring injury).
- Full pre-season, always good to see as his fitness will have improved a lot.
- Has trained entire preseason in the midfield, obviously I don't expect him to start in there but I bet he will definitely be in the main midfield rotations (I'm thinking 50/50 FWD/MID).
- Being mentored by Paddy F*ckin Dangerfield! Similar types of players having that explosiveness in their game & both being midfielders (which Cockatoo will 100% become) so I expect him to improve a lot because of that too like Paddy teaching him running patterns, things you can do to get the edge at the stoppages, etc.
- Sub vest is gone as he was sub like 5+ times in 2015, so his TOG will improve a lot which helps just naturally.

Reason not to pick in 2016:
- Bad disposal people have mentioned. Yes he had a poor year in terms of disposal in 2015. But I'm not focusing on this too much when picking him (locked as F5) because he mentioned in his pre-season interview 2 things he is working on skill based is better disposal & set shot kicking (missed every set shot in 2015 & only kicked his 3 goals on the run haha).

So obviously NAB will be a great indicator. I expect Cocky to line up in the centre bounces quite a bit throughout NAB next to guys like Danger/Blicavs/Caddy/Guthrie/Duncan at times.

#GetOnTheCock
#TheCockWillExplode
Impact player. Not a genuine ball winner. Goes missing in games.
He's in my team atm but first one to go if he doesn't average 75 on NAB.

He's first to go once another decent rookie stands up.
The only thing that's holding Nakia in good stead is JS & natural improvement IMO.

But yes that 60k could come in handy, I'll back Nakia in though :thumbsu:

The only thing that's holding Nakia in good stead is JS & natural improvement IMO.

But yes that 60k could come in handy, I'll back Nakia in though :thumbsu:
Still not sold on JS...

Danger, Hendo, SSelwood, Vardy, Smith all pushing for best 22... And Duncan/Menzel return.

Has anyone heard about A.Otten this pre-season?

Big risk, but curious still.
All have entered full training, with only Ricky Henderson (back) and Andy Otten (knee) still in rehabilitation. Henderson had a bulged disk in his back removed just before Christmas to ease the pain, which hampered much of his 2015 campaign. Otten underwent a cleanout of his knee – a procedure that wasn't related to his knee reconstruction. The Crows insist both players will be back into full training by mid February, but neither will feature in the NAB Challenge and a round one return would be considered a stretch. - Harry Thring

I agree he will improve, not enough for me to pick him at $172k.

Not saying I'm right, but your commentary looked ridiculously bias.

It probably was bias, but I also know more being a Cats supporter about our players and how it looks like the club rate them.

Besides main points of what I said was:
- Will improve
- Good JS (which I understand you may not believe but I do)
- Better TOG just naturally with sub gone
- Whole pre-season training with midfielders & being mentored by Dangerfield

Hence the natural improvement.

I'm picking an average of 70-75 ish for the utensil.

Also understand he is an impact player but I'm backing him in.

It probably was bias, but I also know more being a Cats supporter about our players and how it looks like the club rate them.

Besides main points of what I said was:
- Will improve
- Good JS (which I understand you may not believe but I do)
- Better TOG just naturally with sub gone
- Whole pre-season training with midfielders & being mentored by Dangerfield

Hence the natural improvement.

I'm picking an average of 70-75 ish for the utensil.

Also understand he is an impact player but I'm backing him in.
More than reasonable! Hope he does well, excitement machine.

Either way, he will become a jet in the coming years.

http://m.essendonfc.com.au/news/2016-02-11/star-in-the-making

Hopefully plays well in the Nab and then becomes a beautiful fwd/def LOCK!

"Head Development Coach Matthew Egan said Walla’s natural skill is only getting stronger as he puts in the hard work on the track."
Translation - He's finally pulled his finger out and showed some commitment.

“He is obviously a VFL star from last year,” Egan said."
Translation - Clearly wasn't ready for AFL yet

“We tried him early days as a small forward just to see how’d he go as a goal sneak,” Egan said.
“Obviously since he can use both sides really well, we thought it would be a good attribution to the forward line.
“But at this stage we’ve pushed him down back again just to get his confidence up and it’s obviously where he has played a lot of his footy.”
Translation -Was f$%@#*& hopeless away from his usual position

“The last few practice games he’s kicked a goal off the half-back so Harvs has worked really hard on those players that rebound hard,” Egan said.
Translation - Kicked his one goal for the season

“He’s going really well. He is really hungry to learn – last year he was exactly the same he’s on track for a pretty good year.”
Translation - Clearly still not ready for AFL yet, but better than last year. Might get one or two games if we have lots of injuries. Avoid in fantasy footy at all costs.

All have entered full training, with only Ricky Henderson (back) and Andy Otten (knee) still in rehabilitation. Henderson had a bulged disk in his back removed just before Christmas to ease the pain, which hampered much of his 2015 campaign. Otten underwent a cleanout of his knee – a procedure that wasn't related to his knee reconstruction. The Crows insist both players will be back into full training by mid February, but neither will feature in the NAB Challenge and a round one return would be considered a stretch. - Harry Thring
Cool, Otten maybe downgrade target! Noice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about Gore?

That's the player , I really don't know about making the R1 team. The problem is that since he is an inside midfielder we have Cam Ellis Yolmen , Thompson and Crouch x 2 who play that role. In my opinion he will play in the team some stage of the season :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back