Preview 2016 Round 1: Roos v Crows Preview Thread -AT LAST TODAY...Thread been running since Jan 2nd 2016!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all these superstars, it's remarkable you haven't won the last few flags...

Talia is really good.

But please, these other jokers may have played a few decent games here and there, but are hardly standouts for their position.

Who are the competitions best non KP defenders?

Nick Smith, Rob Murphy, Hurn, Spurr, Eastern Wood, Toovey, Heath Shaw....Dempster, Enright? Whoever the heck Hawthorn have down there, Birchall, Gibson, Hodge FFS....

I'm trying to work out whether these blokes of yours are even close to the top 15 for their position in the league.

You have Walker who is basically Diet Carey, Betts, Sloane, Douglas, Jacobs, Thompson and Talia. Laird goes OK too.
I'd say Smith is better than half those names if that is who you are referring to. Us crows fans hold him in high regard for a reason, he is a gun.

Edit: he did pretty well round 1 last year

I'd say Smith is better than half those names if that is who you are referring to. Us crows fans hold him in high regard for a reason, he is a gun.

Has he played 2 excellent seasons of consistent football?

If not, he is not a gun. Period.

And just for the record, biggest please ever. Better than none of them.

They have enough forward power to hurt us, and they've always pressed up really well which puts us in the long kick down the line game plan territory.

Gold Coast and Adelaide are the two teams who really suffocate us and it has been damaging previously.

In saying that they've lost a midfield lynchpin and are expecting to replace him with crouch who's missed a million years with injury. That's a positive for us.

Additions should be a positive to both sides, Seedsman and Hampton are upgrades but whether or not they provide consistency will be key for them.

Anderson fills a large need for us, dynamic and adds another threat. However unproven also.

Will come down to midfield battle and I give us the tick now without danger. We as outsiders would seriously underestimate how much time and resource is put in to stopping a threat like that and with him gone and an ageing Thompson I see our mids being able to play more of a natural game rather than negatively minded.

North by 3 goals

They have enough forward power to hurt us, and they've always pressed up really well which puts us in the long kick down the line game plan territory.

Gold Coast and Adelaide are the two teams who really suffocate us and it has been damaging previously.

In saying that they've lost a midfield lynchpin and are expecting to replace him with crouch who's missed a million years with injury. That's a positive for us.

Additions should be a positive to both sides, Seedsman and Hampton are upgrades but whether or not they provide consistency will be key for them.

Anderson fills a large need for us, dynamic and adds another threat. However unproven also.

Will come down to midfield battle and I give us the tick now without danger. We as outsiders would seriously underestimate how much time and resource is put in to stopping a threat like that and with him gone and an ageing Thompson I see our mids being able to play more of a natural game rather than negatively minded.

North by 3 goals
I reckon the majority comes down to hoping we can sit on Betts. Because he is the killer.

With all these superstars, it's remarkable you haven't won the last few flags...

Talia is really good.

But please, these other jokers may have played a few decent games here and there, but are hardly standouts for their position.

Who are the competitions best non KP defenders?

Nick Smith, Rob Murphy, Hurn, Spurr, Eastern Wood, Toovey, Heath Shaw....Dempster, Enright? Whoever the heck Hawthorn have down there, Birchall, Gibson, Hodge FFS....

I'm trying to work out whether these blokes of yours are even close to the top 15 for their position in the league.

You have Walker who is basically Diet Carey, Betts, Sloane, Douglas, Jacobs, Thompson and Talia. Laird goes OK too.
Did u have a hard time watching the replay of rd 1 last year?

Has he played 2 excellent seasons of consistent football?

If not, he is not a gun. Period.

And just for the record, biggest please ever. Better than none of them.
Ability wise, he is a gun. Has Easton Wood served up two consistently good seasons? Look, it's your board so I'm not going to get in a full blown argument about this but you are wrong here. By the end of this season I think you'll know just how wrong you are.

Ability wise, he is a gun. Has Easton Wood served up two consistently good seasons? Look, it's your board so I'm not going to get in a full blown argument about this but you are wrong here. By the end of this season I think you'll know just how wrong you are.

Wood is a gun mate, he is everything Smith is with the addition of being able to mark extraordinarily well.

I think Atley and MacMillan will go past Smith this year if they aren't already in front and both are well behind Wood at this stage.

Anyway, good luck to you and your wet dream scenarios.

Smith is considerably better than both Atley and JMac at this stage, stop trying to pump them up as being better.

I assumed he was talking about another Smith because there's two Smiths named in the match up post.

One is playing on Wells, the other on Harper.

Brodie Smith is a gun but who's this other Smith?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I assumed he was talking about another Smith because there's two Smiths named in the match up post.

One is playing on Wells, the other on Harper.

Brodie Smith is a gun but who's this other Smith?
Brodie's non union Mexican equivalent, Jose Smith.

Sorry Arjen but Brodie Smith has actually had 3 very good years and if not for injury he'd probably be multiple AA. The guy may not have the leap of Wood but can still take a good grab. Very courageous, quick and a brilliant kick.

Hed be ranked in the top 5 players down at the Crows i would have thought. He is a gun.

Sorry Arjen but Brodie Smith has actually had 3 very good years and if not for injury he'd probably be multiple AA. The guy may not have the leap of Wood but can still take a good grab. Very courageous, quick and a brilliant kick.

Hed be ranked in the top 5 players down at the Crows i would have thought. He is a gun.
Injury and he got like 3 concussions.

Really hope that we win in round 1, sick of getting pumped up for another year to only be let down. We have no excuses this year, have most of the players injury free. I think we'll get up by 3 goals. Also, should any of you folk visit the Gold Coast, check out the Canterbury Factory Outlet store at their Harbour Town. I recently picked up a 2015 away jumper for only $57.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edit: he did pretty well round 1 last year

Course he did, he didn't have an opponent.

In fact he and the rest of the Crows had 22 non-opponents :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back