Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 17, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
New Orleans Saints
Yeah fair enough, last year's winner started with NicNat, who would have been cheap because of a shocking 2014 (only avg 90)

You need somebody with a decent scoring history at least
Nic Nat would of been on a lot of radars last year for start sides, but he clashed really bad with bye players, Goldy in particular.

Dimmawits 2013 winner started Blicavs R2.

Agree to disagree.

Not many ruckman pick up 30+ touches, 10+ marks, 50+ hitouts in a game as shown by Stef against the WB last year in round 23.

Jacobs a better tap ruckman though, that's about it.

In terms of hitouts to advantage
so in 2016 who is Stef rucking too:
Rocky, Beams, Hanley, Bell, Zorko, Robinson,
who is Jacobs rucking too:
Rory, Crouch * 2 Thompson

I know who I'd prefer to be tapping it down to

Apr 17, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
New Orleans Saints

Stef all day this year over Sauce.

Good points. Who is your R2. Im really considering Blic with his tank and possesions around the ground. I am even going cold on Jacobs

Have Sauce at the moment. It appears that he will be a POD around here! :eek:

Agree to disagree.

Not many ruckman pick up 30+ touches, 10+ marks, 50+ hitouts in a game as shown by Stef against the WB last year in round 23.

Jacobs a better tap ruckman though, that's about it.

You've missed the point.

FLEXIBILITY BRO.

Quote me when Sauce gets 30+ touches in a match :)

Sauce doesn't need 30+ touches to go big.
He had only six games with 20+ touches, but still scored over 110 twelve times, including seven scores over 130.

Goldstein himself has never had 30 touches in a game.

Not saying Stef is a bad choice, he's a solid R2. But your disposal stat is irrelevant when it comes to a ruckman's scoring ability.

Have Sauce at the moment. It appears that he will be a POD around here! :eek:

Sauce doesn't need 30+ touches to go big.
He had only six games with 20+ touches, but still scored over 110 twelve times, including seven scores over 130.

Goldstein himself has never had 30 touches in a game.

Not saying Stef is a bad choice, he's a solid R2. But your disposal stat is irrelevant when it comes to a ruckman's scoring ability.
Yeah agree 100%

I'd prefer Stef's strengths over Sauce's :)

Yeah agree 100%

I'd prefer Stef's strengths over Sauce's :)

Can't go wrong with either choice.

Though Nic Nat is the one that itches my brain.

R2, F3, and the whole defensive line (except Heater) are doing my head in.

Metapod

Club Legend
Sep 30, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
I can't see the logic in picking Goldy initially and even considering the prospect of using 2 trades to dump him and bring him back in. Unless he gets an injury the spot his his for the long haul imo. If you think he may drop in price, the only startegy is to start without him and bring him in later as an upgrade imo. At least that is only one trade (possibly) and the initial cash spent elsewhere. Trades are too valuable to be wasting imo. I'll be starting with him and if he drops in value, so be it. I can't see him being that much of a disaster to be worth worrying about.
Should have worded it better but it was late - I meant, WORST case scenario you could use 2 trades to mitigate the risk of losing ~$200k in value. IF goldy scores 80 & 80 first 2 games, whereas someone like Lobbe scores 120, 120 - it would almost be worth using 2 trades to trade goldy out then back in. After all, 2 trades saves you 200-250k, which is what you would make from you cash cows/ rookies anyway!
Regardless, I can't see that happening anyway.

Stef > daylight > Jacobs.

Stefs HO>adv% is quite good but he also racks up his numbers through high amount of disposals around the ground. Wouldn't his possessions drop somewhat with such a strong midfield group returning around him thus hurting his scores?

Stefs HO>adv% is quite good but he also racks up his numbers through high amount of disposals around the ground. Wouldn't his possessions drop somewhat with such a strong midfield group returning around him thus hurting his scores?

Wouldn't say there's daylight between them.

Like your point about the midfield taking his points. Consider for a moment how many wins the Lions will have this year.
They will score less points than winning sides, with the highest averages going to Rockliff & Beams (IMO). Guys like Zorko and Hanley can bob up for an occasional 120+ as well, stealing a lot of points away.

Jacobs will play in a team with more wins (but not by much), with less guns taking away his points. Proved he can average 115, and I think he can do that again. Considering he is priced lower than that, this means he is under-priced (for me anyway).

Stef and Sauce are both solid R2's, but I think Sauce will come out in front. Only just though!

Wouldn't say there's daylight between them.

Like your point about the midfield taking his points. Consider for a moment how many wins the Lions will have this year.
They will score less points than winning sides, with the highest averages going to Rockliff & Beams (IMO). Guys like Zorko and Hanley can bob up for an occasional 120+ as well, stealing a lot of points away.

Jacobs will play in a team with more wins (but not by much), with less guns taking away his points. Proved he can average 115, and I think he can do that again. Considering he is priced lower than that, this means he is under-priced (for me anyway).

Stef and Sauce are both solid R2's, but I think Sauce will come out in front. Only just though!

They'll win more games than in 2015 and be more competitive in losses if they stay injury free

Double the Fist

i wull eet yur fayce karnt
Dec 16, 2008
On the edge....
AFL Club
West Coast

AGHGHGHGH!!!, you pricks are making this ruck thing really hard. Before you started using facts and common sense I had it sorted. FFS:mad:

Lums23

Club Legend
Jun 16, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United

I forgot Asho's mate daylight!!! FWIW I'd have him as the second best ruck again Goldy>daylight>stef/jacobs

AGHGHGHGH!!!, you pricks are making this ruck thing really hard. Before you started using facts and common sense I had it sorted. FFS:mad:
LOL. It's not hard at all. Right now I'm sticking with Mumford (high risk POD) as my R2 but Stef is my next choice without doubt if I change my mind.

I forgot Asho's mate daylight!!! FWIW I'd have him as the second best ruck again Goldy>daylight>stef/jacobs
Who's daylight :rolleyes:?!?
My ruck ranking is:
Goldstein Mumford Stef Nicnat Jacobs Gawn.

I've gotta gut feel that Mummy will get through the bulk of games this season (18+) and be right up there as a top 2 ruckman. Man's a beast. Fingers X he stays healthy...a risk im currently willing to make.

Lums23

Club Legend
Jun 16, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United
Who's daylight :rolleyes:?!?
My ruck ranking is:
Goldstein Mumford Stef Nicnat Jacobs Gawn.

I've gotta gut feel that Mummy will get through the bulk of games this season (18+) and be right up there as a top 2 ruckman. Man's a beast. Fingers X he stays healthy...a risk im currently willing to make.
I'm still not convinced he ever got it, even after I spelt it out to him. He's probably going to ask again this year in the defenders thread, but in italics or something :rolleyes:

I reckon Mummy, Stef and Jacobs all will go 110-115. Mumford and Stef probably have a little more upside, but obviously more risk with Mumford. NN should be thereabouts but has more downside, and Gawn could be anything I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back