2016 Saints Memberships - 38,009 final AFL tally

Axcellence

Cancelled
St Kilda - Player Sponsor Nathan Wright 2015 St Kilda - Nathan Wright Player Sponsor 2014 St Kilda Saints - Nicholas Heyne 2010 Player Sponsor
Jul 9, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Surprise!
People on smart pay might have a surprise when they get home. The 2016 card has arrived.
You get a choice of Scarf or cap and for an extra $50 you can get a puffer vest.

2015 card was much better than the 2016 card. The new one looks like a card for Ambulance/medical card.
But I don't mind getting it early at all. Well done!

psychosaints

All Australian
Jul 6, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Ok, I just checked and it was there.

A couple of points of note.
1. You're right Axcellence, it looks really cheap
2. It doesn't tell me if it has social club attached. It says ultimate adult but WTF does that entail?
3. It doesn't even say what group you are in? Mine is 25 years consecutive so is that gold, platinum as in previous years?
4. Good to get early but need the above answered. Perhaps there's a letter to follow?
Finally, I can see the logic of sending these out early to entice supporters to recommit but at what cost? What if 5k don't renew for example? How much money goes down the toilet. I hope they have calculated it. The membership hasn't been a well oiled machine in the past.

ebony_

Cancelled
Aug 2, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Received 2016 membership actually really like it! The scarf is pretty cool and will be getting a vest. Great to see we are aiming for 40k members!

Received nada, to be expected though, anything 40km north of Melbourne is a dark void that few dare to tread, so I shall expect it in 5-10 working days if they sent it by express post.

What I'm getting at is, it'd be an interesting social experiment to plot the geograpyhy of who has received cards and where they're situated in relation to the Saints heartland.

Sep 8, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda

2. It doesn't tell me if it has social club attached. It says ultimate adult but WTF does that entail?
3. It doesn't even say what group you are in? Mine is 25 years consecutive so is that gold, platinum as in previous years?
4. Good to get early but need the above answered. Perhaps there's a letter to follow?
Finally, I can see the logic of sending these out early to entice supporters to recommit but at what cost? What if 5k don't renew for example? How much money goes down the toilet. I hope they have calculated it. The membership hasn't been a well oiled machine in the past.
If you renewed/became a member after 2014 I doubt many would not renew next year we will hit 35,000 easy. I for one am buying a 2nd as a Christmas present

Jun 2, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Received nada, to be expected though, anything 40km north of Melbourne is a dark void that few dare to tread, so I shall expect it in 5-10 working days if they sent it by express post.

What I'm getting at is, it'd be an interesting social experiment to plot the geograpyhy of who has received cards and where they're situated in relation to the Saints heartland.

I got one, and i live in the Northern Suburbs (Bundoora)...

Nov 1, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda

In relation to platinum, gold, silver etc - your membership level is the colour under your name at the bottom (side?) of the card. it's a bit easier to tell if, like me, you get a whole range of cards for the family as I can see that mine is gold, my first son is silver and the youngest is bronze.

I'm in Darwin, received the cards two days ago.

Sep 20, 2009
NSW
AFL Club
St Kilda
Got the 2016 card, was jammed all up in my mailbox. Going to order the scarf and I reckon I'll get the vest for my mother, she doesn't exactly follow football, but she likes vests. $50 is a good price for a vest I would imagine. I'm no vest expert.

The card looks a little uninspired compared to previous years, but *.. It's just a card. I think I'm just looking for a reason to bitch.

I just want a phone call from the club ;_; like the non committing members get.

The Club is sending out videos of players saying thankyou to people, using their first names - so a "Thanks John," "Thanks Mary," "Thanks Peter", video for your specific name, read out by a player.

Great idea. Nice touch.

That's great hope I get one because I changed my first name on my membership to Scooter so I could get a membership card for my little dog. He's a pet member.

Jun 17, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
I just checked my email and noticed one sent from the club 3 days ago.

We just wanted to let you know that on Tuesday 6th October, St Kilda Football Club will launch its 2016 membership campaign.

Anchored in our song, the club’s overarching How I Want To Be statement will drive the 2016 membership campaign with a focus on ‘Be a Saints member - 2016’ and ‘Keep Believing’ or ‘Start Belonging’.

We have set bold targets as we move towards 40,000 members and we want you to be with us!

Our new and improved membership website will be live from Tuesday 6th October, all information regarding packages and pricing will be available for viewing online from this date at saintsmembership.com.au.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
It appears our new slogan is a continuation of 'How I Want To Be', which I think is fantastic. It shouldn't be too long before the 2016 membership site goes live.

SqxbOS0.png

It appears our new slogan is a continuation of 'How I Want To Be', which I think is fantastic. It shouldn't be too long before the 2016 membership site goes live.

SqxbOS0.png
Just got off the phone from the Membership Dept. Rolled over my membership and my daughter's, and got a Little Saint membership for the little fella - comes with a certificate and a plush footy, which he will go bunta over! :D

The membership guy reckons they're trying to get to 30,000 by Christmas. I suggested that since they did so well with "25 by 25" last year, why not go for "31 by 31" this year to get 31,000 members by the end of the year - so if they roll that out, you know where they got that idea from! ;)

New membership site will go live today - complete overhaul, and apparently going to be fabulous.

P Train

Senior List
Nov 27, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
The membership site was meant to go live yesterday, maybe they are holding out for the Carlisle decision

as a web developer the new membership site gives me the shudders. its really bad...
Gosh as a user of it, it's utterly terrible. Virtually impossible to get around.

Back