2016 Saints Memberships - 38,009 final AFL tally

Remove this Banner Ad

A few years ago they sent me flags and aprons and stuff, it was great.
Not much anymore although we get caps/scarves for free now which we never used to, or at least my country membership never did
Times have changed....you pay more but get less.
I ask because my girlfriend got her membership (not as good as mine) and got alot of stuff.
I ended up with lanyard, stickets and a scarff for spending over $600.

They're running pretty hot with the phones. Received 3 calls in the last 24 hours.
I'm a member, but I'm assuming if they're making the time to contact me to see what I think about things, they're pushing hard on the lapsed members and giving them a call too.

Nothing yet on my end, and I'd actually be classed as lapsed atm.

And here was me planning to scoff at the phone when it rang and let it go to messages, you have now ruined my weekend plans. RUINED!

People who complain they dont get enough trinkets with their membership do my head in. It buys you entrance to see the greatest footy team in the land, in a reserved seat if you choose. Anything above that is a bonus.

I am of the same view, but unfortunately, that's how society has become... more more more.

AFAIAC I get a discount on entry for home games compared to gate prices, and the money goes to the club. If I had my way, I'd have the club not pay for the trinkets and put the $5 to $10 back into the club.

Even if I don't get to all home games, that's just my way of tipping some $$$ in to help keep our great club going.

I am of the same view, but unfortunately, that's how society has become... more more more.

AFAIAC I get a discount on entry for home games compared to gate prices, and the money goes to the club. If I had my way, I'd have the club not pay for the trinkets and put the $5 to $10 back into the club.

Even if I don't get to all home games, that's just my way of tipping some $$$ in to help keep our great club going.

We see it as a donation to the Saints. We buy a family membership even though we won't make it to a lot of games. Will also be buying one this year for my late mother as that what she would have wanted. I couldn't care less what the club gives in the way of stickers, scarves or capS

We see it as a donation to the Saints. We buy a family membership even though we won't make it to a lot of games. Will also be buying one this year for my late mother as that what she would have wanted. I couldn't care less what the club gives in the way of stickers, scarves or capS

These days i don't go many matches. My mum who will be 80 next month and although she has not admitted to it as yet, won't go by herself to the footy any more.

So for both of us its nearly a donation.

Perhaps with every membership instead of handing out crappy trinkets that no one really wants, they could pass on vouchers for a pie or a beer. After all no one I know buys just one beer. Could be a way of Etihad dropping some of our costs.

But I do love my annual scarf, it does differentiate members from the casuals.

We had a massive spike in our membership after the intraclub match on Friday;

Carlton: 36,091
St.Kilda: 30,512
North Melb: 30,346
Melbourne: 28,013
W.Bulldogs: 25,298

Now obviously I don't know if tomorrow's update will have more added through the intraclub signups but this is the latest update the club has given.

Looks like we're in a battle with North now, great to see. 9,500 to go :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Perhaps with every membership instead of handing out crappy trinkets that no one really wants, they could pass on vouchers for a pie or a beer. After all no one I know buys just one beer. Could be a way of Etihad dropping some of our costs.

But I do love my annual scarf, it does differentiate members from the casuals.
We have 38 members scarves tucked away, when it hits 50 my wife is going to turn them into a blanket

We had a massive spike in our membership after the intraclub match on Friday;

Carlton: 36,091
North Melb: 30,346
W.Bulldogs: 25,298

Now obviously I don't know if tomorrow's update will have more added through the intraclub signups but this is the latest update the club has given.

Looks like we're in a battle with North now, great to see. 9,500 to go :thumbsu::thumbsu:

And we are back in front of norff:D
I am surprised the numbers are being updated on the weekend though
I hope those members signed at the intraclub are not included be are still to be added

And we are back in front of norff:D
I am surprised the numbers are being updated on the weekend though
I hope those members signed at the intraclub are not included be are still to be added

The other thing that surprised me about that list is how far back the dogs are. After playing finals and having such a promising list those figures are poor

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely. Still pretty much a top-8 team, and they have those kind of numbers.
Back to back prelims, and just edging 30,000.

Compare them to Carlton and it's laughable really

Back to back prelims, and just edging 30,000.

Compare them to Carlton and it's laughable really

Carlton would have double the number of supporters (at least) that North have though.

North and the Bulldogs are both well ahead of last year's figures at the same time. North are in a position to push for 45,000 based on previous growth patterns and the Dogs can push 40,000, because as I said these two clubs tend to sign up more members later in the piece than us.

Just a question...

What have people actually received with there membership?
Scarf, pins etc.

Mine came a few weeks back and considering the money ive spent, think I'm feeling a bit empty...

I got some weird coin or something like that. Not sure what to do with that and the membership pin just gets thrown in the bottom draw with the other 30 odd.

I'm not really a huge fan of the bumper stickers design this year either tbh but I'll still be proudly sticking it on my work van and the man cave fridge!

In the end It wouldn't matter if they sent out nothing as I'll always be a member of this great club!

Carlton: 36,170
North Melbourne: 30,481
W.Bulldogs: 25,646

Hanging in there above North after a couple of clubs updated their figures this morning :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Carlton: 36,170
North Melbourne: 30,481
W.Bulldogs: 25,646

Hanging in there above North after a couple of clubs updated their figures this morning :thumbsu::thumbsu:
Strange that Dees haven't updated for quite a while. They'll be due for a significant jump. Hopefully we stay ahead of them.

Strange that Dees haven't updated for quite a while. They'll be due for a significant jump. Hopefully we stay ahead of them.
You're assuming they haven't updated. I'm betting they stagnated - after all, do Melbourne have more than 28,013 fans left? I'm amazed they have that many. ;)

You're assuming they haven't updated. I'm betting they stagnated - after all, do Melbourne have more than 28,013 fans left? I'm amazed they have that many. ;)

New campaign; Dob in a Demon.

They think it's a wonderful idea until they get out and about and find out that many people no longer identify themselves as such, heartbroken, they trundle back to the MCG to find the locks changed, "what is this travesty to all things Melbourne?" they remark as they attempt a human wall to scale the stadium to find that cricket Australia are inside, eating chocolates and eclairs, chortling merrily at the display outside.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back