News 2016 St Kilda in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.zerohanger.com/club-by-club-preview-13th-st-kilda-3563/

Club by club preview: 13th - St Kilda

The Saints have one of the more impressive young lists in the league, supported by a small number of experienced players, they will expect further improvement in 2016.

St Kilda have managed to pick up the pieces of a failed Ross Lyon era that decimated the club once he abandoned ship and St Kilda have reason to be optimistic heading into the new season.

I have them finishing 13th in 2016. There will be sides from last year's top eight dropping out and, but I can't see them finishing above any of those sides, however, they may surprise me.

Key Player:
Jack Steven

Rising Star: Seb Ross

Under the Pump: Shane Savage

Weakness: Defence

Strength: Midfield

What the fixture looks like: Really good

http://www.zerohanger.com/club-by-club-preview-13th-st-kilda-3563/

Club by club preview: 13th - St Kilda

The Saints have one of the more impressive young lists in the league, supported by a small number of experienced players, they will expect further improvement in 2016.

St Kilda have managed to pick up the pieces of a failed Ross Lyon era that decimated the club once he abandoned ship and St Kilda have reason to be optimistic heading into the new season.

I have them finishing 13th in 2016. There will be sides from last year's top eight dropping out and, but I can't see them finishing above any of those sides, however, they may surprise me.

Key Player:
Jack Steven

Rising Star: Seb Ross

Under the Pump: Shane Savage

Weakness: Defence

Strength: Midfield

What the fixture looks like: Really good

Funny enough at the moment our defence is very good until Fisher and Dempster retire. I think we have 2 A grade mids in Steven and Armo and then a lot of potential. Midfield to me is our weakness.

Funny enough at the moment our defence is very good until Fisher and Dempster retire. I think we have 2 A grade mids in Steven and Armo and then a lot of potential. Midfield to me is our weakness.
Agree. Defence is a strength and if Carlisle had been available wowee!
Midfield mostly either in nappies or training pants.

Think he's right on Ross breakout though to be fair.

Not sure I agree on defence being a strength, we still get smashed by the big key forwards. The main strength for mine is our forward line.

Hoping that midfield can BECOME a strength this year, but at the moment I'd have it as the main weakness.

Not sure I agree on defence being a strength, we still get smashed by the big key forwards. The main strength for mine is our forward line.

Hoping that midfield can BECOME a strength this year, but at the moment I'd have it as the main weakness.

I reckon last year most of our improvement came from Steven and Armo being fit and the defence getting Fisher back to steady the ship. We got excellent rebound from Savage, Roberton and a decent improvement from Webster. The year before we really struggled with Gwilt made to play against guys who were obviously taller and stronger. We also got a few guys like Goddard show promise and a very team orientated running game to help out the backline. I thought it was a good effort over all.

Our forward line is still a work in progress ATM While Bruce came from nowhere Rooeys' scoring dropped off and then we had a heap of guys with promise like Lonie, Weller, Dunstan and sinclair all getting between 10 and 20 goals for the season. I think when they fire we will be right but right now we are not strong up forward. Hopefully Paddy can change all that.

anyone see Richo's hand written letter to the members? shows a lot of class that man.
Ive still got a copy of Timmy Watson's hand written letter to members
xIm-sorry.jpg.pagespeed.ic.I_YckOyeuJ.jpg

Sneak peak into Junction Studio this Sunday

St Kilda Football Club invites all members and supporters to join us at the St Kilda Festival to be the first to get a special insight into Junction Studio.

Junction Studio is the club’s exciting new platform for connecting with the community.

Junction Studio brings the club and the community together to create thriving places and achieve social change.

It is a place where everyone belongs and is welcome to be themselves; much like the suburb we are named after.

All are welcome to visit us at the Festival this Sunday from 10am – 4pm to find out more about Junction Studio.

A handful of St Kilda players will also be in attendance throughout the day.

When: 10am-4pm, Sunday 14 February

Where: Catani Gardens, St Kilda (outside the St Kilda Yacht Club)

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2016-02-12/sneak-peak-into-junction-studio-this-sunday

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if this belongs here or it should have it's own thread. But the following was posted on Saintsational (not by me) and I couldn't see a mention on this board.

Hi all,

Just wanted to plug a podcast a couple of my mates are doing. It is a light hearted and very one-eyed look at all things St Kilda. They've done 3 episodes now and the latest is a good one to listen to if you are interested in hearing about the intra-club we just had last Friday.

It is called the 'Saints Disco Podcast' (hopefully most get the reference) and to access it you can go towww.soundcloud.com and type in "Saints Disco" or find them on Twitter (@SaintsDiscoPod) or on iTunes too.

Each episode is about 30 mins in length and are very entertaining. They welcome feedback via email or Twitter so hit them up and we can build a nice little fan based community through them.

Cheers guys and GO SAINTS!!!!!

Tom Morris, Luke and Breanna all gone, that is a fair chunk of the media team... What's going on there?

Hopefully we still kept the gameday twitter guy

That's not good to hear - was so impressed with our media coverage last season! It's bound to suffer purely on the basis of having less resources working on social media et al....

I wonder why?

just seen on twitter luke homesby left the saints :-(

he improved our media out of sight. i'm worried this is the reason why things like the intraclub footage have been shizen lately
Luke embodies St Kilda, what a s**t move

Remove this Banner Ad

Back