Competitions 2016 Supercoach, AFL Fantasy and The Real Dreamteam

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Fantasy team v1.0

Bartel, Rosa, BSmith, Thurlow, Mohr, Hartley (Byrne, McGuinness)
Ablett, Rockliff, TMitchell, Neale, BCrouch, Zaharakis, Gresham, Mathieson (Menegola, Jansen)
SMartin, Leuenberger (ROB, Currie)
Dusty, Barlow, Greene, Bird, Franklin, Petracca (Hams, Kommer)
$58k Left

Thoughts?

RDT is the better of the two games and the longer running (was the official AFL game before they decided to go down another path).

This will be AFL Fantasy's 3rd year but the game isn't anywhere near RDT's level.

AFL Fantasy will have more people playing it though due to the promotion they'll get from the AFL.

I usually play the AFL affiliated one but last year's system felt so cluttered and difficult to navigate that I've been considering switching to RDT or even Super Coach.

I've never been a supercoach fan. I find the way in which the actual scoring is done to be a bit shadowy and subjective.

I've always played the AFL.com game and stuck with it when DT left.

I know it's heresy, but I like two trades a week. It keeps you busy, when in RDT you have weeks of doing nothing.

Super coach is now the premier fantasy game.
Membership is far and above the other 2.
Another AFL screw up. If they had of stayed with dream team they might of had a chance.

Supercoach has always had bigger numbers due to the Herald Sun support, compared to the numbers of people who visit AFL.com.

Does anyone know when RDT is open?
It's open.

I usually play the AFL affiliated one but last year's system felt so cluttered and difficult to navigate that I've been considering switching to RDT or even Super Coach.
Lot of things I dislike about the AFL Fantasy comp, pretty sure they even charge you to auto fill your league (unless they changed that this year) which was really lame. They don't really have a set discount method with it seemingly like they kinda just choose what they think should be a fair price and I'm not big on the price changing system.

That said, it does have a couple of nice features such as the live overall ranking which changes instantly and I believe they've also brought in a feature of previous seasons history so you can see how you've done in the past.

RDT v SC, much the same outside of the scoring system and SC having the rolling lockout which RDT doesn't (some love it, others hate it). Oh and SC has a bigger prize should you be lucky enough to win it.

As someone that plays for overall ranking, I really wish they reduced the trades back to 20 a year, found the game was a lot more fun to play 5 odd years ago v now where it's so much easier to pick a starting side with the current magic number and then 30 trades on top of that.

Hopefully you guys don't mind the intrusion, but I'm curious as to what your thoughts about Brodie Smith are. Will he be played much more on-ball to help cover the loss of Dangerfield this year and can he improve significantly on last year's average?

Hopefully you guys don't mind the intrusion, but I'm curious as to what your thoughts about Brodie Smith are. Will he be played much more on-ball to help cover the loss of Dangerfield this year and can he improve significantly on last year's average?
smith is a massive look for me as an undervalued defender.

Im not sure where he will play, Pyke said back is his best position but who knows. Id expect fair bit off half back but also to pch up onto the wing at times. To me it doesn't matter, wherever he plays the ball is best for us in his hands. He had so many games where he was subbed off injured and struggling to return to form that he can only improve his average, at worst a small amount but quite possibly in a big way.

The only concern would be if he cops hard forward tags which he has struggled with at times but thats the same for most defensive premiums.

He will most likely play HB as Seedsman will play wing :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A question if someone would be nice enough to answer it. Jaensch was ripping it up (DT wise) before doing his knee last year. Averaged 93 up to the game he did his knee. Now, I wouldn't take him in ordinary leagues, but I'm in one where each player goes to one coach, so you have to start looking for options (and players who miss a lot of games get a big discount).

How is his recovery going, what is his likelihood of getting back in the best 22 and can he repeat that performance at the start of last year?

Appreciate any views.

A question if someone would be nice enough to answer it. Jaensch was ripping it up (DT wise) before doing his knee last year. Averaged 93 up to the game he did his knee. Now, I wouldn't take him in ordinary leagues, but I'm in one where each player goes to one coach, so you have to start looking for options (and players who miss a lot of games get a big discount).

How is his recovery going, what is his likelihood of getting back in the best 22 and can he repeat that performance at the start of last year?

Appreciate any views.

In my opinion it'll be hard for Jaensch to come into the team since we have Hampton and Seedsman now.

If Jaensch can replicate his AFL form consistently while in the reserves he will get back in the side unless everybody else is in great form. I wouldn't expect him to crack the 22 until the back half of the season at best though.

Kinda get the feeling we might see Jaensch in the pre season games and if that happens, he's every chance to play round 1.

That being said, we've now got a number that could play a flank position or on the wing, more guys that will hopefully be good with the ball in hand which might hurt the scoring of someone like Jaensch.

If people want to jump in an AFL Fantasy league, my code is ZERVWMAT.

Wouldn't touch either at this point, opinion might change after the NAB cup but at this stage there are too many guys fighting for a few spots in the side so none of them really have a clear role locked in just yet (at least that we fans are aware of).

I'm waiting for NAB to decide on wether or not I include either, and even then Hampton is the only real chance as he is very cheap for his potential output. If he pushes up into the midfield consistently he'll be a good get

Hi guys...Lever worth a pick at say Def 5? Looked to have time when he played last year and that is always a good sign. Be interested in your thoughts for him in DT.

Cat queries welcome.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back