Analysis 2016 Supercoach Discussion - Opposition Supporters Welcome

Which players from Richmond are locks in your Supercoach team?

• Total voters
Very solid team, 15 potential keepers at the start depending on Seedsman and Libba.
Can't wait for the NAB Cup to see how everyone is going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Seedsman and Wells are my biggest potential risks. I feel as though Libba will get back to averaging >100 pretty fast, hes a tackling and clearance machine who doesnt rely on speed, etc. But, as you said, NAB cup will tell us a lot!

Tex Danger

Premiership Player
Mar 20, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hi Tiger supporters,

Wondering what you can tell me about C Ellis. TBH i had never heard of the guy until recently but he seems highly rated and even touted as a lock in your 22? Is that accurate and if he is getting games, what type of scoring would you expect (Dream team system not SC)? Didn't score great in his games last year but I can see how natural development would be expected to improve that. He is awkwardly priced in DT so would want pretty good output given the other value up fwd.

Also Broad. He has more talk here and seems a definitely NAB watch list type.However, what role is he looking to fill and again what scoring range would you be looking at? If selected seems like he could be a better option than Hartley for scoring despite Hartley having rock solid JS so if both would be that lock down role then maybe he isn't the better choice?!

Any other cheapie Tigers to keen an eye on?

Thanks in advance guys

Hi Tiger supporters,

Wondering what you can tell me about C Ellis. TBH i had never heard of the guy until recently but he seems highly rated and even touted as a lock in your 22? Is that accurate and if he is getting games, what type of scoring would you expect (Dream team system not SC)? Didn't score great in his games last year but I can see how natural development would be expected to improve that. He is awkwardly priced in DT so would want pretty good output given the other value up fwd.

Also Broad. He has more talk here and seems a definitely NAB watch list type.However, what role is he looking to fill and again what scoring range would you be looking at? If selected seems like he could be a better option than Hartley for scoring despite Hartley having rock solid JS so if both would be that lock down role then maybe he isn't the better choice?!

Any other cheapie Tigers to keen an eye on?

Thanks in advance guys
I think CEllis will be a player more suited to SuperCoach. His best position is playing as an inside midfielder, but if he gets it on the outside, he can hurt you with his elite disposal (which is what Richmond desperately need). From the small sample of games he played at AFL level last year, he showed that he has all the attributes to really nail down a spot in not only our best 22, but our best 18 as well (IMO). So, to answer your question, he is a player that isn't likely to get it 30+ times, but more so 15-20 times but 95% of those disposals are likely to be effective. Down the track he will probably start pushing the 25 touches a game depending on how we decide to use him.

When it comes to Broad, I think the one he needs to outperform is Batchelor in order to crack our 22. Our defence last year, was very strong, so I'm not sure how much we will alter it, apart from slotting in Yarran when fit. I currently have Broad in my SuperCoach team though.

Other young ones to keep an eye on over the NAB Cup would be Connor Menadue, he has put on a bit of size, and it appears as though we are trying to groom him into an Isaac Smith type of role.

Oleg Markov could be a surprise inclusion if he keeps going well.

Tex Danger

Premiership Player
Mar 20, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think CEllis will be a player more suited to SuperCoach. His best position is playing as an inside midfielder, but if he gets it on the outside, he can hurt you with his elite disposal (which is what Richmond desperately need). From the small sample of games he played at AFL level last year, he showed that he has all the attributes to really nail down a spot in not only our best 22, but our best 18 as well (IMO). So, to answer your question, he is a player that isn't likely to get it 30+ times, but more so 15-20 times but 95% of those disposals are likely to be effective. Down the track he will probably start pushing the 25 touches a game depending on how we decide to use him.

When it comes to Broad, I think the one he needs to outperform is Batchelor in order to crack our 22. Our defence last year, was very strong, so I'm not sure how much we will alter it, apart from slotting in Yarran when fit. I currently have Broad in my SuperCoach team though.

Other young ones to keep an eye on over the NAB Cup would be Connor Menadue, he has put on a bit of size, and it appears as though we are trying to groom him into an Isaac Smith type of role.

Oleg Markov could be a surprise inclusion if he keeps going well.

Thanks Prodigy, good info.

Looking forward to final NAB round when it all starts to fit into place but in the meantime its fun trying to predict the future!

Dusty4PM

Draftee
Feb 12, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
MVFC, Chelsea FC, Cleveland Cavs.
Corey Ellis is an absolute jet. He scored solid enough last year when he got full games, and his 'full games' were him getting subbed off in the third, but still scoring 60 odd. His main challenge is making the best 22 and if he does that - id expect an 80ish average if he can play 15 games!

The kid oozes class!

Tex Danger

Premiership Player
Mar 20, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Corey Ellis is an absolute jet. He scored solid enough last year when he got full games, and his 'full games' were him getting subbed off in the third, but still scoring 60 odd. His main challenge is making the best 22 and if he does that - id expect an 80ish average if he can play 15 games!

The kid oozes class!
Cheers Dusty, is that DT/AF scoring you expect that in? Do you disagree with prodigy's summary of his style?

According to fan footy his scores were: 45, 46, 32, 11 (subbed on in last), 53 (subbed in Q4), 17 (subbed in Q2 after Q1 injury).

I assume he came into the side off a good preparation to get those early games from Rd 5? An reason he was unsighted after Rd 12, the quad injury a long one?

Infamy

🐯🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Oct 1, 2004
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
Richmond
Cheers Dusty, is that DT/AF scoring you expect that in? Do you disagree with prodigy's summary of his style?

According to fan footy his scores were: 45, 46, 32, 11 (subbed on in last), 53 (subbed in Q4), 17 (subbed in Q2 after Q1 injury).

I assume he came into the side off a good preparation to get those early games from Rd 5? An reason he was unsighted after Rd 12, the quad injury a long one?
Personally I wouldn't be picking him until I saw him put up some decent numbers in the NAB Cup
He's not one that's been identified as having a stand out preseason yet. Not even sure he played in the intra-club and if he did then he didn't do much.

Agent13

Senior List
Sep 25, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond

He had a very interrupted preparation last year after coming off a stress fracture in his draft year. Foot surgery midway through meant he missed a large chunk of preseason. Despite that he was straight into the side round 5 after two games in the VFL which gives you an indication of how highly he's rated. He then copped a couple of minor injuries before a similar injury to his other foot ended his season.

With his feet now sorted and with a full pre season under his belt I expect he'll play a lot of footy this year. If he's in the team round one I'll be picking him in all versions of fantasy. Like prodigy though I feel he'll be of most value in Supercoach.

Dusty4PM

Draftee
Feb 12, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Supercoach looks to be his best form, his precision disposal makes for better Supercoach scores than Dream Team. Is also an underrated tackler, hes ferocious (which wasnt seen a lot in the 1s, but i saw it in the 2s).

Also scored a 71 against Fremantle off just 9 touches. Imagine what he could do if he averaged 15-20 touches?

Dusty4PM

Draftee
Feb 12, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
I think if Broad plays hes a lock as there is a premium on reliable back rookies that will play - however i dont know if we can expect much scoring input! He might be good for a 60 odd average, but that will still make him enough money and time for us to see who the must have premiums are!

Infamy

🐯🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Oct 1, 2004
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
Richmond
I think if Broad plays hes a lock as there is a premium on reliable back rookies that will play - however i dont know if we can expect much scoring input! He might be good for a 60 odd average, but that will still make him enough money and time for us to see who the must have premiums are!
Maybe, if we are playing a 7 man defence then perhaps he'll be the designated loose man who can run off to cut off the ball. Would get some good scores if this is the case.

Dusty4PM

Draftee
Feb 12, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Maybe, if we are playing a 7 man defence then perhaps he'll be the designated loose man who can run off to cut off the ball. Would get some good scores if this is the case.

In my opinion thats no chance of happening. Seems like hes being groomed to play Batchelors role, whether that means Batchelor gets dropped or in in store for a change of role - i guess we'll see. Maybe Batch becomes the loose man, with Chappy to move forward? I think we'll see Broad go to Pavlich tomorrow night, will be very interested to see how he does! Hes been matched up against Jack Riewoldt all pre season... Big wraps on him.

Infamy

🐯🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Oct 1, 2004
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
Richmond
In my opinion thats no chance of happening. Seems like hes being groomed to play Batchelors role, whether that means Batchelor gets dropped or in in store for a change of role - i guess we'll see. Maybe Batch becomes the loose man, with Chappy to move forward? I think we'll see Broad go to Pavlich tomorrow night, will be very interested to see how he does! Hes been matched up against Jack Riewoldt all pre season... Big wraps on him.
He played a high possession game in the WAFL averaging over 20 disposals a game, so I see no reason why they will want him to change the way he plays

Tex Danger

Premiership Player
Mar 20, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Personally I wouldn't be picking him until I saw him put up some decent numbers in the NAB Cup
He's not one that's been identified as having a stand out preseason yet. Not even sure he played in the intra-club and if he did then he didn't do much.
He had a very interrupted preparation last year after coming off a stress fracture in his draft year. Foot surgery midway through meant he missed a large chunk of preseason. Despite that he was straight into the side round 5 after two games in the VFL which gives you an indication of how highly he's rated. He then copped a couple of minor injuries before a similar injury to his other foot ended his season.

With his feet now sorted and with a full pre season under his belt I expect he'll play a lot of footy this year. If he's in the team round one I'll be picking him in all versions of fantasy. Like prodigy though I feel he'll be of most value in Supercoach.

Cheers guys, sounds like at basement price in AF he would be worth it, RDT more dependant on his NAB scores and what other rookie options appear to be like at the lower prices

Dusty4PM

Draftee
Feb 12, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
He played a high possession game in the WAFL averaging over 20 disposals a game, so I see no reason why they will want him to change the way he plays

Okay, Liam McBean averaged 2.5 goals a game in the VFL last year, why didnt he in the AFL?

Dusty4PM

Draftee
Feb 12, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
AFL is a whole other level to WAFL haha.

Dusty4PM

Draftee
Feb 12, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Because he barely got a game at AFL level
Its a pretty stupid comparison to be honest
But you're comparing two different leagues like Broad will come in and get 20+ touches a game haha

Infamy

🐯🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Oct 1, 2004
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
Richmond
But you're comparing two different leagues like Broad will come in and get 20+ touches a game haha
Its still a stupid comparison, you are comparing a player who has barely been able to get a game at senior AFL level and thinking that is the same thing as a player needing to play a different style of game if he wants to play AFL. That's completely different and a stupid comparison. McBean will play the same position and the same way he does at VFL level when he gets games in the senior side, he just needs to learn to adjust to the increase in standard. The same goes for Broad.

I also never said that he would get 20 disposals a game at AFL level, just pointed out that the game style he plays is the type to read the play and cut off the ball coming in which can result in a higher possession game than a lock down defender. The loose man in defence role is also a pretty easy one to hand to a young kid.

Charlie Pannam

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
What are people's thoughts on Mitch Duncan? With Dangerfield and Selwood there he will get little to no attention from the opposition.

I had him last year and he was pretty good before injuring his foot. Should be coming into his prime too and as you say wont get a tag with Danger and Selwood in the team. He had a couple of big scores in 2015 from memory.
Others I am looking at in that price range but slightly cheaper are David Swallow (412) and Gibbs (440). I'll probably baulk at Gibbs although capable of much better he continually disappoints.

Infamy

🐯🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Oct 1, 2004
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
Richmond
What are people's thoughts on Mitch Duncan? With Dangerfield and Selwood there he will get little to no attention from the opposition.
May not get a tag, but also may have a lesser role in the midfield given Selwood & Dangerfield will be their primary ball winners.
Could go either way, would want to see them all play in the NAB Cup to see how they combine

Back