2016 Supercoach / Dream Team etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Could be wrong, but I don't believe clubs can elevate a rookie for a mid-season retirement.
Kane is a slightly different example but usually they retire due to injury and can be put on a LTI. Adelaide for example have Reilly on that I believe and he's now retired.

What I'm unsure about is whether you can put someone like Kane on a LTI even though he isn't really injured. I'm not sure what the restrictions are or if that just means that player is unable to play any level of football for a minimum of 8 weeks.

Amon.

Good job security?
With Polec out (probably for the year), he has a great opportunity to cement his role in the side. He is super fit fast, has some silky skills, and a great kick! Has all the tools in his kit, but now has to come to grips with the pace and skill level of AFL, and also gain the self confidence to let go and play his own game.

I have him on my bench.

With Polec out (probably for the year), he has a great opportunity to cement his role in the side. He is super fit fast, has some silky skills, and a great kick! Has all the tools in his kit, but now has to come to grips with the pace and skill level of AFL, and also gain the self confidence to let go and play his own game.

I have him on my bench.
Awesome. Sounds a good pick then. Thanks!

Playing in a very deep draft league, what are Ah Chee's prospects looking like for the rest of the season (and beyond)? He's been on my radar for a while but with his recent SANFL showing suspect he'll pop up on other radars and don't want to get beaten to the punch.

Playing in a very deep draft league, what are Ah Chee's prospects looking like for the rest of the season (and beyond)? He's been on my radar for a while but with his recent SANFL showing suspect he'll pop up on other radars and don't want to get beaten to the punch.
BOG in the most recent SANFL match and when he was dropped from the AFL sub it was stated that was done to get a full game in him. Has played 3 AFL games as sub and 4 SANFL games where he has been in Port's best three times, twice of those their best. Now that Polec is LTI and Amon may be injured he could get a run, and not just as sub this time. Would want to wait till the end of the day, though. If he is included in the team I would expect him to stay this time.
Hi Port supporters
Is Aaron Young work persisting in DT?
Where is he at and what are his deficiencies?

Difficult to say as his last two games he was subbed off and was sub. Favoured by most on this board but apparently not by the coach or selection committee. Likely to be sub again

Hi guys, sorry for the intrusion but I just have a couple of quick questions about a couple of Port rookie defenders I'm considering this week.

Clurey. What's his Job Security like? Will he be the one likely to make way once Trengove is fit?

And finally Colquhoun. I see he's named in the centre. Is he likely to play more then the one game or is just a case of in and out as soon as Amon returns? And what sort of role is he likely to have?

Good luck for the season. Like watching the power play whenever we get their match up here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clurey's job security is non-existent. Absolute certainty to be dropped once Trengove returns either next week or after the bye.

Colquhoun is part of a big bunch of players competing for a handful of spots in the team, along with S.Gray, Moore, Ah Chee, Mitchell and Young. The coach loves him though and will only need half an excuse to keep him in the team. I imagine he will be set loose on a wing and he is a good accumulator so may well pick up good points. Big chance for the vest though.

Clurey's job security is non-existent. Absolute certainty to be dropped once Trengove returns either next week or after the bye.

Not if Jonas continues his indifferent form. I think Clurey is more likely to make way, but it's not as certain as you're suggesting.

Jonas is in the leadership group, can play on talls and smalls. Unlikely to be dropped I would have thought?

Clurey can play on smalls too, he's a running machine with decent agility. Jonas is in front of him on rep at the moment. If Clurey has two good games and Jonas two ordinary ones, I can see it happening.

We're not gonna play Carlile, Hombsch, Trengove and Clurey in the same side. Carn.

It sounds terrible but I'm not in any hurry to see Trengove back right at the moment. In any case, I have no problem in principle with an in-form Clurey playing the medium defender role in place of an out of form Jonas.

Hey guys, desperately need your help here.. I need a cheap fwd to play these next 2 weeks, so who out of Stewart, Young or S.Gray would you recommend I grab?

Just need whoever will score the most these next 2 weeks, should avoid vest and of course keeps his spot!
I really like Young, but as already mentioned, coaches arent his biggest fans so a vest risk.
I havent watched much of Stewart, is he just playing as the 2nd permanent tall with Schultz while Hoff runs around doing whatever he likes?

Thank you! Any help would be greatly appreciated! :thumbsu:

Hey guys, desperately need your help here.. I need a cheap fwd to play these next 2 weeks, so who out of Stewart, Young or S.Gray would you recommend I grab?

Just need whoever will score the most these next 2 weeks, should avoid vest and of course keeps his spot!
I really like Young, but as already mentioned, coaches arent his biggest fans so a vest risk.
I havent watched much of Stewart, is he just playing as the 2nd permanent tall with Schultz while Hoff runs around doing whatever he likes?

Thank you! Any help would be greatly appreciated! :thumbsu:
Stewart I would say is the safest choice

Last edited:
We're not gonna play Carlile, Hombsch, Trengove and Clurey in the same side. Carn.

We played Carlile, Hombsch, Trengove and O'Shea in the back third of 2014.

Clurey and O'Shea aren't terribly different players - Clurely can run all day and is really starting to show ability for intercept marks.

Of course my Fantasy team performs well during a bye round. I have 1,400 points with eight players out.
I shocked myself ... ended up with 1775 points, with 8 players not playing, and then a late withdrawal by Grundy and only 18 points from an injured Patful!! Going to be in trouble this week though, with Freo, Syd, Coll, and GC not playing...

I shocked myself ... ended up with 1775 points, with 8 players not playing, and then a late withdrawal by Grundy and only 18 points from an injured Patful!! Going to be in trouble this week though, with Freo, Syd, Coll, and GC not playing...

Thankfully, none of my leagues are active during the bye rounds. Good luck with the coming week!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back