List Mgmt. 2016 Trade and Free Agency Targets Part 1

Who do you hope we target?

• Daniel Rich - Brisbane Lions (Free Agent)

Votes: 21 7.5%
  • Jaeger O'Meara - Gold Coast Suns (Trade)

Votes: 112 40.1%
  • Dion Prestia - Gold Coast Suns (Trade)

Votes: 53 19.0%
  • Tom Lynch - Gold Coast Suns(Trade)

Votes: 24 8.6%
  • Ollie Wines - Port (Trade)

Votes: 55 19.7%
  • Other

Votes: 65 23.3%
  • Peter Wright - Gold Coast Suns (Trade)

Votes: 23 8.2%
  • Tom Rockliff

Votes: 15 5.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Depending on how Freeman goes - but after watching yesterdays game I believe our. most pressing need is a mobile 2nd ruckman. I had hopes for Hickey but he hasnt improved. Pierce wont make it and Holmes doesnt have a forward game.

The club has a history of terrible trade decisions and most of those done while Pelchen was in charge have been poor! According to MG they tried to trade Hickey last year he will definitely needs to go this year in a trade for a more mobile option at years end.

Depending on how Freeman goes - but after watching yesterdays game I believe our. most pressing need is a mobile 2nd ruckman. I had hopes for Hickey but he hasnt improved. Pierce wont make it and Holmes doesnt have a forward game.

The club has a history of terrible trade decisions and most of those done while Pelchen was in charge have been poor! According to MG they tried to trade Hickey last year he will definitely needs to go this year in a trade for a more mobile option at years end.
From all reports on the intra club thread you are completely wrong on Hickey.

Also second time you have mentioned Pelchen and how wrong he was.

Sounds like some preconceived agenda especially when everyone else reckoned he was easily the best ruckman yesterday.

Unfortunately when you seem to have an agenda as you do your credibility as a poster tends to be diminished

Sounds like some preconceived agenda especially when everyone else reckoned he was easily the best ruckman yesterday.

Unfortunately when you seem to have an agenda as you do your credibility as a poster tends to be diminished
Now, now, I don't think Winners' credibility can be diminished.

ok finally finished culling the out of contract players this year to get rid of those too old and those that just arent very good or dont suit a need. here is what i have, its colour coded based on who we'd target. red being those we have concerns over and green being we'd get them if we could:
upload_2016-2-13_20-34-19.png
upload_2016-2-13_20-34-45.png

ok finally finished culling the out of contract players this year to get rid of those too old and those that just arent very good or dont suit a need. here is what i have, its colour coded based on who we'd target. red being those we have concerns over and green being we'd get them if we could:
View attachment 215541
View attachment 215542

Champion effort.
Clearly you've got too much time on your hands ;)

Maybe we can shake something loose from GC or GWS - Whitfeild & Wright combo would be perfect.

Champion effort.
Clearly you've got too much time on your hands ;)

Maybe we can shake something loose from GC or GWS - Whitfeild & Wright combo would be perfect.

took a bit of work hahahaha

yeh certainly some really good options available. grab two of the green and we are flying!!!

News on JOM straight from the horses mouth.

North and Carlton are the frontrunners at the moment and he doesn't mind anyone knowing as, as he said, there will be other clubs by year end.

I am not going to discuss what has been offered or by whom on an open forum or how I know this, but as many people know my posting over the years, I don't pretend to be an ITK so this is straight up.

Anyone what further info please PM me. I will get back to you later today but am going out for about four hours.

Suffice to say Saints are in the hunt but so will another 5 clubs be also.

BTW if I don't know your Nic I won't respond to your PM. Saints fans only on this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

News on JOM straight from the horses mouth.

North and Carlton are the frontrunners at the moment and he doesn't mind anyone knowing as, as he said, there will be other clubs by year end.

I am not going to discuss what has been offered or by whom on an open forum or how I know this, but as many people know my posting over the years, I don't pretend to be an ITK so this is straight up.

Anyone what further info please PM me. I will get back to you later today but am going out for about four hours.

Suffice to say Saints are in the hunt but so will another 5 clubs be also.

BTW if I don't know your Nic I won't respond to your PM. Saints fans only on this.

Great info.
It's a "pass" for mine. The bidding will be too hot and the risk too high.

Great info.
It's a "pass" for mine. The bidding will be too hot and the risk too high.
Exactly. Problem with JOM is if he has a great year, every club will be after him. If injury cuts him down again, he's too high a risk.

Wont know if you don't try. As for the risk well that should be sorted out half way through the year. Of course we should have a go if he is fit. Will be a champion. They don't grow on trees.
One thing is certain, JOM won't be trade in February.

Lots of water and bridges etc

Wont know if you don't try. As for the risk well that should be sorted out half way through the year. Of course we should have a go if he is fit. Will be a champion. They don't grow on trees.

I'm a massive fan, the guy is an absolute gun. The problem is the Tiges aren't even in the discussion yet. They are desparate to do a trade, are in the premiership window and if he has a good year they will throw the kitchen sink at him. Will cost plenty in terms of picks and cap. Too much IMO.

I'm a massive fan, the guy is an absolute gun. The problem is the Tiges aren't even in the discussion yet. They are desparate to do a trade, are in the premiership window and if he has a good year they will throw the kitchen sink at him. Will cost plenty in terms of picks and cap. Too much IMO.

It doesn't hurt to try. That costs nothing. We have Richmond covered for both picks and SC.

the thing ive liked about our approach to date, is we are always very heavily in the chase for the star OOC player. right back to the caddy 2012 days... to taylor adams to shiel/sloane/troloar/who ever.

i think this has helped us increase the cost of the player and allowed us to grab some really good value trades/acquisitions of players that probably would have ended up else where if not for a couple of these star out of contract players going to other clubs on considerable overs and therefore pricing them out. as opposed to some clubs that withdraw from the bidding pretty quickly (see freo/wb). i mean look at the pies, it helped squeeze freeman out.

on someone like JOM, i'm happy there's a bidding war. it could take the attention away from someone like peter wright or lachie whitfield. if JOM does stay, which you would think is unlikely, it could mean peter wright or garlett or prestia or kolodjashni get squeezed out. rather than throwing 800k at someone like JOM, i'd rather throw 300 and 500k at two players, similar to what we did with carlisle and freeman as opposed to grabbing sloane from adelaide at their combined income

tl;dr dont fear the competition, find the money ball players

I don't have an agenda and not everyone thought Hickey was great. It's just the Hickey defenders/fans who disagree & that's fine they are entitled to their opinion as am I.

As I have agreed he was the best our the ruckman forward but did not kick a goal surely that's his job in a dominant side. He is far too restricted IMO and Holmes was far more dominant in tap outs and game efforts. The other thing is you can see the team mates love playing alongside Holmes, Hickey generates zero excitement.

If the club were trying to trade him in Oct 2015 perhaps they think the same as I? I have never been a lamb follow the leader conformist, if I believe in something I voice my opinion as is the case re Hickey. As far as credibility goes obviously our list managers have the same issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back