List Mgmt. 2016 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only 11 months to go!
Just noticed that Tomlinson has become good mates with the boys if Instagram is anything to go by #weliveinhope

Due to no early draft pick, feel the club has already flagged that free agency is where we will be most active. Will land an A grade mid then.

Due to no early draft pick, feel the club has already flagged that free agency is where we will be most active. Will land an A grade mid then.

Should be able to trade back into the top 5 by sending four 6th round picks to Gold Coast or Brisbane for academy prospects.

1360549068266.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks pretty settled at Brisbane ... maybe we could throw an AFL life line to Kyle Reimers ... he's the absolute pinnacle of punch in the head-ness for mine ...
Jamie Elliott says hello

Given that we've already traded away our 2016 first rounder we ain't getting Prestia unless we trade away one of our better young players. I'm not too fussed at any rate.
Um, just a thought, can we trade our 2017 first rounder next year for Prestia?

I think the rule is no more than twice in the space of 4 years but not absolutely sure on that.

I just don't know if I'm sold on Prestia as being the A grade mid we want to trade in. There's plenty of talent coming through there for us now, particularly if we get Parish in too, and I'd rather be adding another mid who's a genuine PoD (pacey, elite kick, even if not a huge clearance player). Prestia is a jet no doubt but I guess it'll depend too on his exposed form in 2016 and how Brayshaw, Petracca, Harmes, etc, come on next year.

Our second rounder next year should be in the 25-28 range. I can see us trying to trade back into the first round by a) combining a player like Dawes or Grimes with that second rounder (this won't work) or b) trading Dawes, Grimes, other equivalent spuds for third rounders and then on-trading these third rounders along with second rounder for GWS/Sydney's first rounders (which should be later in the first round).

I doubt we'll be left out of the first round. Club has shown a strong "where there's a will, there's a way" spirit in recent years. I can even see us trading our 2017 first rounder to somehow get back into the first round of 2016 (if it doesn't go to Prestia). We want to be bringing in as many young guns as we possibly can in the next two drafts to go along with the very strong draft periods of 2012, 2013, and 2014 so they play together early and develop and peak together too.

I guarantee we will trade our 2017 pick for a player or 1st round pick next year.

That, plus a free agent should leave us well placed to start moving right up the ladder over the coming years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back