2016 U-19 World Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Very, very poor effort by the Windies at the end

Don't agree with that

The mankad rules have been changed

Once the bowler enters the delivery stride, the batsman can do what they want

We see it all the time the batsmen crib a third of the pitch and get an advantage

For mine, stay in your bloody crease until the bowler enters his final stride

The rules are straightforward and have been changed since the days when a warning was customary

This is poor even by your low standards

Hardly. I am so over batsmen trying to get an unfair advantage by being two feet out of the bowlers crease when the ball is bowled. You stay in your crease, it is that simple. You wait for the bowler to release the ball then you can run/get out of your crease. If this teaches batsmen to stay in their crease, that is a good thing!

Then here is an idea...don't go out of your crease. Why should bowlers be disadvantaged because batsmen think it is their right to get out of the crease early. I'm glad they did it!
CaM7ni4WQAAZkKY.jpg:large
Get your hand off it.

Hardly. I am so over batsmen trying to get an unfair advantage by being two feet out of the bowlers crease when the ball is bowled. You stay in your crease, it is that simple. You wait for the bowler to release the ball then you can run/get out of your crease. If this teaches batsmen to stay in their crease, that is a good thing!
Two feet?

Lol. Look at the picture.

Premeditating this (as they clearly have done) is the height of cowardice. Piss weak.

Two feet?

Lol. Look at the picture.

Premeditating this (as they clearly have done) is the height of cowardice. Piss weak.

By the time he would have delivered the ball he would have been another metre in front. Stay in your crease, simple. You won't be out that way, so do it.

By the time he would have delivered the ball he would have been another metre in front. Stay in your crease, simple. You won't be out that way, so do it.
Another metre? Bloody hell, he must have been moving fast.

Glad I didn't have to play any cricket against you as a junior. It's a common sense thing, the mankad. Shame it's not that common any longer.

Just to provide some context for my opinion, I did it in juniors without really knowing how it worked. Dad was umpiring and gave it not out, then we spent the whole car ride home talking about it. He was pretty strongly against it but I'm a bit in the middle.

Go ahead and do it if they are sprinting down, but for ones like that pictured above, warn them first! Gayle handed it well...

To premeditate it in a youth tournament to kick out a side? They deserve all of the flak coming their way.

Last edited:
Another metre? Bloody hell, he must have been moving fast.

Glad I didn't have to play any cricket against you as a junior. It's a common sense thing, the mankad. Shame it's not that common any longer.

Yeah I would have run you out and I would not have cared one. Frankly batsmen get everything...now you want them to be not given out when they are! Stay in your crease, it is pretty simple.

You would have been a popular kid in the yard.

Play by the rules it is that simple. These 'gentlemen' agreements went out the day batsmen decided to use tree trunks as bats. Bowlers deserve to be able to use every way to get batsmen dismissed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The more we take the side of the Batsmen on this one, the more they are likely to try and get away with it. When a Batsman is warned, they get no sympathy when given out next time for Mankading.

However it looks bad when a player (without warning?) premeditates it; and the decision was so close unlike the meters in most other cases.

It's amazing the amount of BigFooty posters that seemingly know better than the laws of the game :rolleyes:

How is this any less 'sportsmanlike' than a batsmen edging one through to the keeper and not walking?

It's amazing the amount of BigFooty posters that seemingly know better than the laws of the game :rolleyes:

How is this any less 'sportsmanlike' than a batsmen edging one through to the keeper and not walking?
No ones arguing it isn't out, or that it's cheating.

Sometimes a batsman doesn't know if he's hit it, or isn't sure. That's why we have umpires.

the batsman in this case probably didn't even realise he was out of his crease.

The Poms bitching about Buttler was worse.

Buttler had even been given the warning before hand
There is a stark difference between Buttler's dismissal and the one in the U19's. One is acceptable, one is not imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back