2016 US Presidential Election - Trump vs Clinton? - Part 1

Who will win the election??

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sanders is far more sane than any of the complete nutters running for republican nomination.

Christie and Fiorina are hardly nutters. Bush may be dull and insipid but on what basis he is a nutter?

They are all far more "mainstream" than Sanders.

Most of the polling has Sanders doing comparably well with Clinton against the Republican field. I think the 'unelectable' tag is unfair.

Hilary is toxic. She is extremely luck Biden and Warren aren't involved (yet). That Sanders is doing so well speaks volumes about how much even Dems dislike her.

20151020_hill.jpg

It's been said that CNN removed the poll when Sanders took the lead. Not even liberal, but it's obvious who the media want to contest the election.

A little more on the CNN shenanigans

Remember when Ron Paul was winning all the online polls?

It doesn't mean s**t when mongs from reddit et al. are rigging them.

Christie and Fiorina are hardly nutters. Bush may be dull and insipid but on what basis he is a nutter?
Christie and Fiorina are irrelevant. Neither will win the Republican nomination, even though it's a clown-show. Jeb Bush is a nut. Many of his policies as Florida governor, and recent quotes defending his brothers failed presidency confirms it.
Hilary is toxic. She is extremely luck Biden and Warren aren't involved (yet). That Sanders is doing so well speaks volumes about how much even Dems dislike her.
Hillary Clinton will most likely become the next US president for the reasons that are mentioned here.

Rubio getting smashed in a Florida newspaper. I've been pretty bullish about Rubio's chances, but that doesn't help.

The candidate I may have dismissed too quickly is Cruz. The problems for him is that he's loathed by the GOP establishment -- which is one of the reasons he's so popular with the grassroots. Dunno if that is a net win or net loss for him. Maybe the establishment won't be able to corral voters toward an acceptable establishment candidate this cycle?

Cruz would be a general-election disaster, IMO. Can't really see him winning the GOP nomination, but somebody has to. I firmly believe that Rubio or Kasich are the best general-election chances for the GOP, but I don't think the Republican electorate sees it that way.

Still don't believe Trump or Carson can win. But if they stay in the race right up to the convention, it becomes a bit of a lottery.

Rubio getting smashed in a Florida newspaper. I've been pretty bullish about Rubio's chances, but that doesn't help.

The candidate I may have dismissed too quickly is Cruz. The problems for him is that he's loathed by the GOP establishment -- which is one of the reasons he's so popular with the grassroots. Dunno if that is a net win or net loss for him. Maybe the establishment won't be able to corral voters toward an acceptable establishment candidate this cycle?

Cruz would be a general-election disaster, IMO. Can't really see him winning the GOP nomination, but somebody has to. I firmly believe that Rubio or Kasich are the best general-election chances for the GOP, but I don't think the Republican electorate sees it that way.

Still don't believe Trump or Carson can win. But if they stay in the race right up to the convention, it becomes a bit of a lottery.

The longer it goes on, I'm wondering whether Rubio might use this as a springboard for another go next time. I still think he's the best candidate the Republicans can put up - Cruz, Trump or Carson would be a Goldwater repeat.

It's odd... Checking out a conservative websites, the two exchanges that seem to have fired everyone's imagination and prompted them to declare Rubio and Cruz debate winners are where Rubio described the mainstream media as the Democrats super-PAC and Cruz attacked the moderators for loaded questions... Seems like a bizarre standard by which to evaluate winners and losers. Seems like inside-the-echo-chamber case of cultural grievance, more than ideology.

Rubio, who is still my tip to win, lacks 'heft', I reckon. Seems like the little kid at the adults' table sometimes. Fiorina has polish, but would give a battalion of fact-checkers stress disorder. Cruz is a snake-oil salesman -- genuinely find him a bit creepy. Carson, oddly for a brain surgeon, comes across as a dimwit. Bush -- still dull. Trump's shtick must wear thin at some point, surely? Of the rest, I thought Kasich seemed most in touch with reality.

In sum, though, I think they'd all be disastrous in the White House.

It's amazing to me that there are so many of them on the stage yet there seems to be so few substantive differences between them. It's not really a contest of ideas, but a contest of presentation. The most belligerent, the one who best expresses the right-wing sense of grievance and frustration, wins.

Last edited:
I thought Rubio did well tonight and he really crushed Jeb who is just about gone.

Fiorina is an absolute joke who spent the whole entire time rattling off bits she had obviously scripted and prepared earlier.

I agree with you on Carson. I have no idea why his popularity surged. He looks lost out there and has no charisma. Unelectable.

Trump dropped the ball with his Rubio/Zuckerberg/H1-B stance but he played it smart later on and rode off the back of Cruz and Rubio getting an ovation for slamming the media/Super PACs. Huckabee helped him out immensely in salvaging his debate too.

Christie was good at the end and so was Rand but once again, Rand gets next to no airtime.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Trump wins the nomination, he needs Sanders to win the dem nom for him to win presidency. Clinton would romp home against any republican candidate in an election imo.
I know theirs still another year to run but I believe unless theres a major scandal with Clinton or Sanders then whoever wins the GOP nomination is on a hiding to nothing as they're all pitiful candidates

If Trump wins the nomination, he needs Sanders to win the dem nom for him to win presidency. Clinton would romp home against any republican candidate in an election imo.
Most polls have Trump not too far off Hillary.

There's no way Sanders is going to win the nomination.

It will probably be Rubio vs Clinton, with Trump being an outside chance.

But who knows.. Herman Cain and Newt Gingrich were leading the GOP race around this time 4 years ago.

Hillary Clinton has a pretty big advantage over all the Republicans as she doesn't slag off ethnic groups and homosexuals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back