VFL 2016 VFL Magpie Arrivals and Departures (VFL list finalised!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Spot On - AFL is scared of losing $$$$$$$ so they make sure the Bummers can Field a Side

Who would actually benefit from Essendon not playing in the 2016 season? Who wants to see a bye every weekend?

It's far far more enjoyable to see them field a s**t disjointed team of spuds that we can crush into the ground

Having read the rules handed down by the AFL, there's clearly now not many of our VFL listed players at risk of being lost to Essendon as top-up players for 2016. Only those who have been on an AFL club's list within the past two years could be taken, so Jordan Kelly could go there instead of joining us, Jeremy Taylor I think as well, that would be all I believe.

So the likes of Moloney, Pendlebury and Still are not at risk of being taken. I think the rules seem a bit harsh in a way, and it's a pity the likes of Pendlebury are seemingly out of contention, but good news for our VFL team.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-01-15/afl-sets-rules-for-essendons-hunt-for-topup-players

THE AFL has revealed its rules for Essendon's hunt for top-up players and set a two-month deadline for the Bombers to replenish their list.

The Dons can recruit up to 10 top-ups on short-term contracts to replace their 12 suspended players and must finish their recruiting by March 15.

Essendon will only be allowed to recruit players who were on an AFL club's list within the past two years or from within the Bombers' own VFL team, unless otherwise approved by AFL general counsel Andrew Dillon.

- Essendon can't sign more than one player from the same club – except from its VFL squad – unless otherwise approved by the AFL's general counsel.

Having read the rules handed down by the AFL, there's clearly now not many of our VFL listed players at risk of being lost to Essendon as top-up players for 2016. Only those who have been on an AFL club's list within the past two years could be taken, so Jordan Kelly could go there instead of joining us, Jeremy Taylor I think as well, that would be all I believe.

So the likes of Moloney, Pendlebury and Still are not at risk of being taken. I think the rules seem a bit harsh in a way, and it's a pity the likes of Pendlebury are seemingly out of contention, but good news for our VFL team.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-01-15/afl-sets-rules-for-essendons-hunt-for-topup-players

THE AFL has revealed its rules for Essendon's hunt for top-up players and set a two-month deadline for the Bombers to replenish their list.

The Dons can recruit up to 10 top-ups on short-term contracts to replace their 12 suspended players and must finish their recruiting by March 15.

Essendon will only be allowed to recruit players who were on an AFL club's list within the past two years or from within the Bombers' own VFL team, unless otherwise approved by AFL general counsel Andrew Dillon.

- Essendon can't sign more than one player from the same club – except from its VFL squad – unless otherwise approved by the AFL's general counsel.

Good.

Will have to wait and see just who they pick up. They'll be poor in the AFL, but could still have a handy VFL team if they recruit right...

Good.

Will have to wait and see just who they pick up. They'll be poor in the AFL, but could still have a handy VFL team if they recruit right...

Glad they can only take 1 player from Clubs.

Ryan Pendlebury is most likely we will lose :(

Good.

There is the bit that says "unless otherwise approved by AFL general counsel Andrew Dillon" which means it's not out of the question they could try and take one of our other players, but it must be very unlikely. I don't know whether Kelly would be likely to interest them, he just might.

Glad they can only take 1 player from Clubs.

Ryan Pendlebury is most likely we will lose :(
This is what the rules say, Dave:-

So, barring something freakish, Pendlebury is not going to be lost to Essendon, as he doesn't qualify to be able to be recruited.

This is what the rules say, Dave:-

So, barring something freakish, Pendlebury is not going to be lost to Essendon, as he doesn't qualify to be able to be recruited.

So Then we would lose no one :)

While I imagine most will be signed sooner the 15 March is too late for clubs losing a player. I'd be annoyed at losing one of our VFL players less than 1 month before the season starts. Then you have the flow on effects as clubs seek to replace the replacement player leaving another club short.

While I imagine most will be signed sooner the 15 March is too late for clubs losing a player. I'd be annoyed at losing one of our VFL players less than 1 month before the season starts. Then you have the flow on effects as clubs seek to replace the replacement player leaving another club short.

What a player have we got on our VFL list has been on a AFL list in last 2 years?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great to see Lachie Tardrew get a spot with us. Been keen for them to get talent whcih just missed out on National Draft for years so really pleased to see him get a go. Lot of talent and must have been v close to being drafted.

Great to see Lachie Tardrew get a spot with us. Been keen for them to get talent whcih just missed out on National Draft for years so really pleased to see him get a go. Lot of talent and must have been v close to being drafted.

What do you like about Tardrew Snoop Dog ?

http://www.foxsportspulse.com/team_...197566887&client=1-6183-80780-336330-21695856

Brad Dick ended up playing for Rumbalara again in 2015. After signing with Lorne Dolphins he decided to stay with Rumbalara, where he had a coaching role.

Looks like Brad has gone home:
Demand high for former Pie
The GNFL could welcome back one of its best-ever talents this season, with a number of clubs believed to be in talks with former Collingwood player Brad Dick.
The 181cm forward is believed to be over the knee and shoulder injuries that plagued his 27-game AFL career, and would be a massive inclusion for whatever team manages to secure his signature.
It’s believed a number of clubs have made contact with the 27-year-old, including reigning premiers Brigades, whose president, Jason O’Brien, confirmed they had held talks“To be honest with you I think it might (still) be a little bit up in the air,” he said.
He does want to player football with (Brigades player) Leith Teakle, because obviously he would have played with Leith at East Fremantle (and) he did mention that he was quite firm on that.”

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/afl/a/30689153/demand-high-for-former-pie/

Looks like Brad has gone home:
Demand high for former Pie
The GNFL could welcome back one of its best-ever talents this season, with a number of clubs believed to be in talks with former Collingwood player Brad Dick.
The 181cm forward is believed to be over the knee and shoulder injuries that plagued his 27-game AFL career, and would be a massive inclusion for whatever team manages to secure his signature.
It’s believed a number of clubs have made contact with the 27-year-old, including reigning premiers Brigades, whose president, Jason O’Brien, confirmed they had held talks“To be honest with you I think it might (still) be a little bit up in the air,” he said.
He does want to player football with (Brigades player) Leith Teakle, because obviously he would have played with Leith at East Fremantle (and) he did mention that he was quite firm on that.”

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/afl/a/30689153/demand-high-for-former-pie/

Did Brad Dick only play 27 games? I'm surprised at the low number, but mainly on the basis that he made a big impact in many of those games. Wonder how many other 27-game Pies players will be remembered with as much affection?

Funnily enough, Leith Teakle was a former Collingwood rookie listed player himself.

Did Brad Dick only play 27 games? I'm surprised at the low number, but mainly on the basis that he made a big impact in many of those games. Wonder how many other 27-game Pies players will be remembered with as much affection?

10 games less but I always liked Sean Rusling. He looked the goods.

Last edited:
Based on this article it looks like he hasn't been signed (yet).

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...s/news-story/f08fd194fa7a1468a482b041e12e913b

Was confirmed by Inside Footy a while ago.

All VFL-listed players sign up to a suburban club, so that they have somewhere to play when not picked for the VFL.

I suppose Kelly's personal circumstances might have changed and forced him to re-consider the VFL or he might have got a higher offer from Templestowe and changed his mind of his own accord. Or that Inside Footy got it wrong...

In any event, if he doesn't eventuate, he's a type we can more than cover. With our half back flank depth, even Team of the Year HBFer Ryan Pendlebury is going to struggle for a game!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back